Single Nogizaka46 34th Single [Monopoly] (2023.12.06)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    There are no charity spots. As a member of Nogizaka they have the right to be in senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    I think charity spot is a wrong term, more like rotational spots to under members. I personally would love to see Tamami perma senbatsu but i know it's near impossible, especially now with 5ki being the new hot thing and growing each day more, with many members selling out HS/M&G slots. So the chances of us seeing one of the girls like Tamami, Mukai, Kaede, Rei or Yakubo being perma senbatsu are very slim, i guess rotational spots to promote under rotation will be the best we will get, which honestly, isn't that bad because at least it gives the taste of senbatsu to all of them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    the rotational spot(s) are one way to ensure that there will not be cases like most of the under 2nd gen members, where they graduate without a chance to experience senbatsu. as of now, in regards to the relatively senpai 3rd gens, only Ayatii is left, but i think they would probably give her a spot in the next singles.

4. minto

minto Kenkyuusei

They could have made rotating with under members earlier, Kaede, Riria already got in multiple times and Tamami have made it at least once before 5ki's arrival. Yac is the only remaining 3rd gen, Runa and Mio among 4th gen in pending. I feel like they're doomed to not make it because there will be tougher competition and stricter criteria if 6ki will be as well received as 5ki. I know graduating top members can open some spots but if in the future we will have complete 30/30 members in senbatsu it will be only the case of who will sell out the fastest.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    What do you mean by Runa in pending?

6. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

a bit out of topic but does anyone else find it a bit irritating during the ending line of monopoly where they went "itsu datte monopoly", they sang monopoly with 4 syllables instead of 5 like the previous lines? i sang along expecting mo-no-po-ly but got hit with mo-no-po-ly-y, it's kind off putting to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

This. There may have been some fans that never picked another oshi when majority of 1Ki graduated especially when Asuka was still around. I do have my suspicions that a lot of 5Ki fans were Asuka oshis and moved on.

I wouldn’t necessarily calm them “unlucky” due to the fact that Yumiki is doing quite well. TBH, she was very fortunate because she is great at variety and with Kazumin graduating she was the perfect replacement to slide in.

Speaking of gosanke, is there a gosanke now or ever since the original three have graduated? I often thought of this and I really would say no. I think the original OG were tightly knit and well loved.

Concerning Ayame, I wouldn’t group her at the same level of Yodachan management push. Yodachan had the benefit of being w center and her popularity really never waned. Ayame maybe the level of HoshiMina but as I said before, if Ayame gets relegated to Unders that wouldn’t bode well. HoshiMina was relegated and was fortunate to make it back to senbatsu because there were no hungry up and coming next gen breathing down her back.

As for the next single, it definitely will set the tone for “perma senbatsu”. Yuna is definitely on the bubble. If she does get relegated to Under, I’m assuming mecha Yanchan will be back to fill that void.

8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Oricon 1st day: 401,431

Well, it's kinda expected. Without concert boost, I would be very happy if the 1st week number can hit 500k.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Ouch! On a positive note, they looked great tonight on FNS Kayou Sai. I applaud the camera work to get each members faces. Oh and that particular dress remind me of leopard cone shell. w

Whatsup with that robotic penguin dance from our vocalist group? At least they all had an solo singing part.

• Like Like x 1
  10. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    I expected a little bit more but I guess it gets harder without concert boost. I personally think this is one of Nogi best title tracks in like 2 years(i'm not a fan of HitoYume), despite the b-sides being a bit meh(under song is an exception), I still think it deserved more.

Anyway, looking forward to Under Live.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. minto

minto Kenkyuusei

My bad, I forgot that Runa was included in 3rd row for Asuka's last single.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    You know I know about gosanke, but I don't know truly what it means. I do know that they are irreplaceable.

Mizuki and Yoda switched. Yoda got to wear the bow in her pony tail. And Mizuki wore it well. I thought she looked phenomenal in ponytail, but on the show she reached another level. Mizuki!

I believe the concert boost was for the following days and not the first day as the weekend was Jingu. That's why it maintained higher sales through the week. Yeah, Monopoly, is going to have trouble matching the previous singles.

Also, my impression on first listen to the special edition and the entire release: the three with MVs are the best songs. I also think the release sound 1000 times better outside of YouTube. The title, the under, and the 5ki really snap. As for the trio songs: put Kubo's first, Ume's next, Mizuki's then Yoda's. Overall, it feels like the songs were meant for an album release. I guess I am not going to get that coupling song I wanted this year...

13. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  14. manamonn

manamonn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井玲奈、田村真祐、池田英紗、宮田愛萌、佐藤美波
    5th round of sales

3rd gen:
    Hazuki: 7/30 (+2)
    Kaede: 2/30 (+1)
    Reno: 0/30
    Riria: 0/30
    Tamami: 0/30
    Ayano: 0/30

4th gen:
    Kaki: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Sakura: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Mayu: 30/30 (4th round)
    Yumiki: 30/30 (4th round)
    Ayame: 27/30 (+5)
    Kuromi: 10/30 (+3)
    Rika: 4/30 (+1)
    Mio: 1/30 (+1)
    Runa: 2/30
    Miyu: 1/30
    Rei: 1/30
    Yuna: 0/30

5th gen:
    Ioki: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Nagi: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Teresa: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Aruno: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Nao: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Miku: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Sakura: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Satsuki: 30/30 (4th round)
    Aya: 30/30 (4th round)
    Iroha: 3/30 (+2)
    Hina: 1/30

• Like Like x 1
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Mio selling out a slot before Yuna is kinda crazy.

17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Go Hazuki, go Iroha, go Hina...!

• Like Like x 1
  18. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

is it appropriate to post 34th single songs ranking now? i guess it is, here's my ranking after thorough listening:

1. joshuseki wo zutto aketeita (i love the festive christmas-y vibes)
    2. itsu no hi ni ka, ano uta wo (might be biased since i love ogawa aya)
    3. omoide ga tomarakunaru (could be higher if not for the terrible mixing)
    4. monopoly (took some listen for me to get hooked)
    5. stylish (i love the combination of this unit)
    6. tegone hamburger (fun laid back song, nothing special though)
    7. hitsujikaiyo (was initially excited for the vocal combi but disappointed at how boring the song is)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  20. dusty

dusty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawaki sakura
    Orican chart 4th day
    Total: 502084

Oricon chart 5th day
    Total: 525203

Source: weibo (i'll upload the photos later)

edit:
    upload_2023-12-10_23-22-31.jpeg
    upload_2023-12-10_23-22-43.jpeg

edit 2: im flying to nagoya tomorrow so i hope i can go to tower records to get a cd, ill update if theres anything special[hehe]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 3