Official Stage48 Mafia [Hall of Fame/General Discussion]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 28, 2010.

?

Best Mafia Game Set so far?

1. S48 Mafia Game I - V

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. S48 Mafia Game VI - X

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Intro
    Since Mafia is starting to get a little popular around these parts of the forum, and we've had quite a few games. I decided that we needed to organize everything together so that it would be easy to go through everything. This thread will also serve as a general discussion thread so we don't crowd the post dump. Of course, you shouldn't be discussing who you think is mafia and who isn't as the game is going on.

What is Mafia?
    It is a game filled with lies and psychological tactics. More than once, we have seen people deceive their foes straight to victory. It is a very involving game, and forces you to learn to analyze and spot inconsistencies. One can say that it also helps to form some great bonds between players as they struggle together for victory.

For more information:
    Mafia Game Index
    Here I will provide brief information about each Mafia game that has occurred. There are also links to each game thread. Please be warned that there are spoilers to each game under the spoiler tags. Do not click them if you want to read through everything yourself.

Stage48 Mafia Game I (GM: AikyiTaizne) 16 players

Plot Synopsis
    Minegishi Minami, 1st generation AKB member finally becomes tired of everything around her. She soon believes that her popularity is slipping and envisions a future where all the girls begin to surpass her. Holding back all bonds of friendship, she unleashes the grudge inside of her as she fights to be remembered... During her conquest, she begins to envision a spot as center. With her new and past ambitions mixing together, she begins to eliminate each member one by one...

Mafia
    Takahashi Minami (Godfather)
    Minegishi Minami (Mafia Cop)
    Sashihara Rino (Roleblocker)
    Miyazaki Miho (Bomb & Manipulator)
    Special Additions
    None

Stage48 Mafia II: Uchuujin?!? Majisuka Teppen Showdown (GM: AikyiTaizne) 24 players

Plot Synopsis
    An alien race feels that the people of Earth will become a threat to their colony in the future. They send Private Gummy Johnson to Earth to eliminate the population there. Gummy lands near Majisuka Jyou Gakuen where a war between Majijyo and Yabakune is occurring. Using the cover of a dead body, he readies himself to destroy Earth...

Mafia
    Black (Kashiwagi Yuki) (Godfather)
    Chiharu (Amina) (Mafia Janitor)
    Erena (RoleBlocker)
    Ookabuki (Chiyuu) (Poisoner)

Stage48 Mafia III: Nightmare in Don Quixote (GM: AikyiTaizne, Jasey) 20 players

Plot Synopsis
    Nacchan grows weary of her surrounding environment as more and more girls begin to graduate. She begins to see a future where AKB48 becomes a group without anymore of the original members. Unable to fathom losing all of their hard work, she plans to kill the entire group in order to leave their mark. With hopes of reuniting with the girls in the afterlife, she aims to preserve AKB48 as a group that she knew and loved.

Mafia
    Katayama Haruka (Ninja Godfather)
    Kikuchi Ayaka (Sniper)
    Uchida Mayumi (Gambit Master)
    Oku Manami (Jailkeeper)

Stage48 Mafia IV: AKBattle Royale (GM: kirakirahanabi, twilightkappa) 20 players

Plot Synopsis
    Faced with an overpopulation of members, and an overly-demanding crowd, Aki-P does what no sane man would ever think to do: take nearly half the members and pit them against each other until one is left standing. With Akimoto's killers and a mysterious new faction aligning, who will win this deadly game?

Important Characters
    Oya Shizuka (Original Godfather)
    Fujie Reina (Mafia Roleblocker)
    Maeda Ami (Wolfpack Leader)

Stage48 Mafia Game V: Heavenly Bittersweet Kingdom (GM: aakun, AikyiTaizne) 24 players

Plot Synopsis
    In Celestial Heaven 48, a revolution is beginning as the group gathers to overthrow the Princess and take over her Kingdom. Leading the group is Hiramatsu Kanako, born with royal blood. By her side stands the Legendary Hero, a Princess from a different Kingdom and a girl who is very allergic to lemons. Will the Kingdom be able to defend themselves from the new revolution, or will the Kingdom enter a new era?

Important Characters
    Ichikawa Miori ~Princess~
    Urano Kazumi ~Fake Princess~
    Yamamoto Sayaka ~Guardian~

Shimada Haruka ~Serial Killer~

Previously the most talented Knight in the Kingdom, her swordsmanship was considered legendary. Devoting her life to the Kingdom, she worked hard to keep everyone safe. Secretly, she had fallen in love with the Princess's brother - Daichi. Torn over her love and duty to protect the Kingdom, one day she snaps and accidentally murders Daichi. Grieving over the loss of her brother, Princess Lemon exiles Haruu from the Kingdom. Haruu, having lost her two reasons for life, vows to return and take over the Kingdom with her own hands.

And more...

2. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Hall Of Fame & Player Participation

MVP Awards
    ra-nyan (Total: 2)
    katastr0phical1 (Total: 1)
    AikyiTaizne (Total: 1)

Player Win/Lose Stats

55Cyanides <0-4>
    aakun <3-1>
    AikyiTaizne <1-0>
    ckd <0-2>
    Decreez <1-3>
    flagator21 <0-1>
    gideon123 <2-2>
    Gobolino <1-4>
    issa <0-5>
    Jasey <2-1>
    Kanki <0-3>
    katastr0phical1 <1-3>
    kirakirahanabi <2-2>
    loveandcoffee <1-2>
    MaxtheMan <2-1>
    MecchaMelon <1-1>
    memorybreak <0-1>
    Meroron♥ <0-1>
    miyuki <1-1>
    Naomi <1-3>
    natsu7 <1-0>
    naruse <0-1>
    phantom <0-2>
    polyrhythm <0-4>
    ra-nyan <2-3>
    Rin <0-3>
    RocketStarLauncher <3-2>
    sada <3-2>
    Silver Rain <0-3>
    twilightkappa <1-0>
    Tyzer <1-3>
    vikacong <0-4>
    wendychi <1-1>

3. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Player Performance Scores

Template

Stage48 Mafia Game I
    Full Report (Google Docs)

Stage48 Mafia Game II: Uchuujin?!? Majisuka Teppen Showdown

Stage48 Mafia Game III: Nightmare at Don Quixote
    Full Reports (Google Docs)

Stage48 Mafia Game IV: AKBattle
    Full Reports (Google Docs)

S48 Member Performance Points Total Ranking

4. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

RESERVED

Kay, I think that's enough reserved. Please do your dead townie complaining her from now on. You can also discuss the old games and characters that you love.

Ranking your favourite characters, plot points games and hints and everything can be discussed here!

Also talk about what you thought was done well and what could have been better. There's lots to discuss!

(It'll take me time to complete the rest of the posts)

5. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

me Me me!

Ok... first on the Gameplay style:

SHOULD we do MCs? .... ok, this is from the italian version on facebook... but, there the GM puts a "theme of the day", then, EVERY PLAYER has to "give a hint" about his/her role that goes with that theme...
    of course, mafia or anyone, CAN LIE AT WILL... (if not would be too easy)...
    But, Mafia must KNOW HOW to lie... because the "Theme" changes everyday...
    Example:
    GM: Today's theme: MUSIC VIDEO.
    Character in MAFIA hidding under the witch role (not mafia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhzJO34SCoc
    Another character: Ah, you're the witch!.
    and so the MAFIA can survive... BUT, he must remember every quote he had because if he misses one and falls into contradiction, it's almost as asking to get lynch. ^^

Disadvantage: Well... gets the game too easy, maybe, after a couple of times.
    Advantage: You force the players to cooperate... AND COOPERATE!. Not the: "Ah yeah, hi! be back later"...
    But I don't know if you would like this idea.
    ================================

And to the players (specially the ones on the TOWN side):

If you are getting lynched.... FIGHT BACK AT ALL COST AND WITH ALL YOUR WILL!!!!
    comm'on, it's a "Roleplay" style, YOU ARE GETTING LYNCHED BY YOUR OWN FRIENDS AND COMPANIONS!!!

In some games there is the:
    "Oh well, you are lynching me, anyway... bye bye"

And poof, we lynch a townie "for free"... comm'on, DEFEND YOURSELF, with EVERYTHING you have... tell your character, your ability, whatever, YOU ARE GETTING LYNCHED!!!!

===================================

Emmm... that.

bad ideas?

6. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

If anyone can lie at will, then what's the point in having a theme? Either way, we won't find out anything. Plus it seems way too easy. I think it's more fun to figure it out for yourself than giving hints all of the time.

Plus, it might be harder for people that have different kinds of abilities. In Mafia 3, I was a role-blocker. I'm not sure how I'd go about saying that. xD Or I could give a hint that I was Lover, though that'd make it way too risky since the mafia would know who to kill since it's like killing two birds with one stone.

If we had a music video theme for Mafia 2, I was a bodyguard, so I could just do this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRMbcQ3Kg3g[/yt]

:hehe:

I'm trying to imagine Choukoku running up to Atsuko, singing "I will always love you~!". (The clip is from "The Bodyguard" if anyone didn't know. xD)

7. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i think theres something that should change in the win/lose thing. its not really fair to say all town wins when say, only 5 towines stayed alive until the end. or when jasey/sada won when BOTH died aka the faction didnt exist anymore yet they still "won".

maybe giving those who got until the end another point or something to make it more memorable that they stayed alive until the end?

8. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

So a third slot for survivors? Yeah I can do that, this is still just in the making so :3

Or I could make it a point system instead of Win-Lose. You get points for how well you did each game perhaps, so a default 5 points for surviving, 10 points for winning, 10 for MVP and so on.

Then we can have each player have like 5 points to give out, and they give it to people they think deserve it or something =X

9. Naomi

Yeah, 'cause technically I stayed alive. :awesome:

At the same time, though, it's unfair to the people that died early on even if their goals were acheived. If the town's goals are to "eliminate all threats" and all threats are eliminated, then they should win even if they didn't make it to the end, unless if it says "eliminate all threats and survive". Not everyone will survive until the end, so it's sorta unfair for the people whose goals were reached, but they can't win since they died. =/

10. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

but when you die you.. die. you lost your game the moment you died. even if your goals were achieved later on, you were dead so you probably didnt really help to clear it so i dont think its fair at all to the ppl that actually managed to survive until the end.

11. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

So the point system could be something like this?

MVP.............................................20 points
    Winning team.................................10 points
    Survivor........................................5 points
    Vigilante.......................................5 points for each PRO-TOWN kill
    Doctor Roles....................................5 points per successful protection (someone attacked the target)
    Killing roles.....................................2 points per kill (Serial killer, alien)

Points awarded by other players............XX points (each having 5 to award, can be split up however they like)

Anymore ideas?

12. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

^The only objection that I have to the 2 points per kill on serial killing is simply...I just had to sit back and watch while you all killed each other, so strategically it's awesome, but I only get 4 points. XD

13. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

To encourage participation... but... "real one".... not the...

"Yeah, I'm checking, bye".

And the worst part:

Day 1:
    (First hours)
    Oh yeah, who, when how, look at this, yeah, right...
    (middle hours)
    Now, we have everything more or less settled with characters... now what?
    (late hours)
    I don't know?... ok,
    No lynch...
    No lynch...
    No lynch....
    No lynch is declared...

Day 2:
    (First hours)
    Wooooooow
    (Middle hours)
    Aha... now... what we do?
    I don't know...
    (Late hours)
    ok... no lynch
    no lynch...
    no lynch...
    No lynch is declared....

Day 3:
    .... and so on...

but what I hate the most it's the:
    Player A: Who hasn't post yet?
    Player B: MIAUMIAUCITO...
    Player A: Ok...
    MIAUMIAUCITO: Hey guys!, I'm checking!.
    Players: Oh hi!...
    MIAUMIAUCITO: Ohhh... what an interest game eh?... ok guys, bye!.
    Players: .........

So... what's the point of having MIAUMIAUCITO in the game?.

See what I mean?...

Having an MCs (today we will gonna....) at least can force those players to say something USEFUL!.

Because it's not a matter of time because we understand people have things to do etc...
    but it's a matter of making that little time they have to post, actually useful for the rest of the players....

14. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i think thats point chart is just putting too much into it XD you'll hate to make that point count later on.

personally i think just with 1 point if the team you were part of won and you survived until the end is the way to go. if you lost you lost and if you died you died. for some reason i dont think its the same for mafia though, since they are like 4 against 16 so they all kinda deserve a point is mafia wins.

or you can just make another category for survivors if you ppl like that better. (i still think its not fair the jurina-faction won in the second game though >__>)

15. Naomi

You're only saying that because you're mafia. :hehe:

16. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

(I HATE THAT DAMN 500 ERROR!!!!)

But take in mind that some abilities are thought in "the faction" and not in the player itself.
    for example the one that if you are lynched you "take away" with you the last one that voted you...
    The only way to USE your ability is dying.
    So you have to die to cooperate with the rest of the Mafia members...
    So this kind of abilities are, as I said, thought about faction as a group and not as a single player.

(ANOTHER F***** 500!)

17. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

The thing is, I think just showing who won and lost doesn't really reflect what each member did in the game. Some people could have survived until the end by not posting too, so =/. Some people certainly played much better than others and the Win-Lose-Survivor doesn't really reflect their skill much. (It pains me to put some mafia members at 0-2 when they did well >_>)

I think with the points system, it could urge some people to play their roles better too =X

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

You're the GM, you must be the one deciding who played better and deserves a point and who didn't.

19. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i think the points thing is really good but i just said that because i think its going to be troublesome for you in the future. if that doesnt bother you i think its indeed the best option.

lol. no >_>

20. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Of course, that's what I mean.

I know who played better and who didn't, but there's nothing I can do to force people to play better =X With this, I can give some sort of incentive for playing well I guess >_>

Imagine what would happen if I said the person with the most points at the end January gets the next AKB single as a prize. :awesome: NO ITS NOT HAPPENING, ITS MY SINGLE D=

Just about everything I do nowadays is troublesome T_________T