Oshima Ryoka (Ryochan) / 13th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Dec 10, 2011.

1. augywm

augywm Kenkyuusei

yea somehow, I love Renacchi more than owd..

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

2. RyoHana

RyoHana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimaryoka
  3. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020
  4. augywm

augywm Kenkyuusei

5. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Takamina has been writing articles about members , she wrote a column about Ryoka !!!
    here it is :
    it will be nice if anyone helped translating
    [​IMG]

6. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Translation:

This time I'll talk about The 13th gen member Oshima Ryoka.

She gave us great expectations coming into AKB48. Not only is she cute, her dance is also dynamic despite being short. In other words, she has the skills. With just the staff's expectations, the hurdle is already really high. People had such high expectations for her that, honestly, I wondered if she was suffering from them.

I'm sure some of you remember, that when 13th gen was revealed, there was a member called Mitsumune Kaoru.

Mitsumune Kaoru was a model before entering AKB. She's highly artistic, and was new type in AKB48.

Having her and Oshima Ryoka as the 2 top was her 13th gen started out. Personally, I would have loved to see those two progress together. If that had happened in reality, I think 13th gen would have shined brilliantly.

However, sadly, very soon after Mitsumune was promoted into Team K she left AKB. At that time, Oshima Ryoka was promoted to the team I was in: Team A.

The other 13th gen members, along with the 14th gen, were made into the new Team 4. Only Oshima Ryoka alone was thrown into a senpai team.

Ryoka was very shy when she first came into Team A, and wasn't doted on much. She doesn't show her weakness, but she was really cute when she laughs. With the support of Yokoyama Yui, she slowly blended in, but I still feel like somewhere in the bottom of her heart there's still something she has not fully confronted and resolved. Even now I still feel it.

From how I see it, in Ryoka's heart, she's holding on to loneliness.

When there are members working hard with you, a person's "heat" (burning spirit) and character comes straight out. Ryoka was unable to walk together with Mitsumune or same gen, and was raised on her own in a senpai team, so she lost her own growth burst timing.

At this year's sousenkyo, Oshima Ryoka was not able to rank in. This one year she was active on the stages AKB49 and Majisuka Gakuen and gained a lot of experience. I think she felt her own sense of fulfillment as well. She must have been very shoccked. However, that means that she has to confront and get over that something in her heart.

She is becoming Team B's vice captain per the new shuffle. She used to cute, but recently her adult side is showing. Last month, she was in Shu Play's gravure "The thin line between adult and kid". She was really cute. She captures your eyes to the point that even if you don't know AKB, you would think "this girl is cute!".

Whether it is as a person or in terms of cuteness or in terms of performance, it is undeniable that she has grown.

It is because that she is living such a fulfilling time right now that what she needs the internal "breakthrough".

She grew up without her same gen next to her. However, that brew a sense of loneliness in her which will become her greatest weapon, I feel.

She should be like Akimoto Sakaya or Tano Yuka who casted in Wiz, and challenge the outside world on her own. She needs to gain and come back with all kinds of skills from outside. I think that right now, the "stand on my own" feeling must be connected to her energy "explosiveness". I want her to change that loneliness into a weapon. To that end, I think that it is important for her to get over that something in the bottom of her heart.

It's no ordinary task, but I wish that she would work towards it with all her effort.

And I want to say again, she was really cute in Shu Play's gravure! Especially the poster. She's a beauty!

7. Aprian

Aprian Kenkyuusei

thanks for translation. :worthy:

8. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    Preview of Latest UTB

11800139_961390770579327_2683214137766958868_n.jpg

11753697_961390783912659_4924099538172713453_n.jpg
    11822440_961390763912661_4811873824498590625_n.jpg
    11796306_961390787245992_8714892338138528260_n.jpg
    11183436_961390760579328_1300665933283971077_n.jpg
    11755739_961391923912545_8854525721421148346_n.jpg
    11794577_961392007245870_4325622435240895054_o.jpg
    11816871_961390767245994_8300626838535733667_n.jpg

Mod note: please thumbnail images larger than 750 x 750 pixels.

9. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ I wonder if that was before or after their zombie battle. LOL. And that UTB photoshoot is spectacular... even though I always have a hard time recognizing Ryoka if she is not smiling with her teeth showing. :XD:

11. Sythfia

Sythfia Kenkyuusei

12. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ Wut? Why would someone even hate on Ryoka... she is like one of the least polarizing figures in 48G IMO. I was gonna be mad, but I accidentally looked at those UTB pics again... I can't be mad after seeing those pics. :XD:

13. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  14. Sythfia

Sythfia Kenkyuusei

^True, also considering that she was traumatized by it. Ryoka is young and sensitive, I don't understand why she gets so much hate.

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It was to the point where she couldn't even leave her room for several days.

Haruu came to the rescue, but seriously antis... WTF??

16. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Wow, this is the first I heard of the incident. That's so sad. Ryoka is my favourite young/kid member, I hope the others can convince her to just brush it off and forget about it because it's just one idiot fan.

That tumblr post got a bit excessive though lol... and this part is kinda scary, "Even if you hurl public insult at someone ordinary, it has already been extremely rude; and if you do that where I live, you may have to face charges about it - for violation against people’s dignity". Not sure if they're being serious, but that's some scary Orwellian stuff if you can get charged for simply hurting someones feelings. Not a place I would want to live.
    - "Hey, Joe, you're a real ****."
    - "YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!"
    :eek:

Kidding aside, if I was close enough in that HS line, I would've punched the guy in his stupid mouth, so who am I to talk about rights.

17. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Honestly when we think about Ryoka's experiences in HS events... I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. She's been through so much trauma, she doesn't need this on top of it.

18. tamtamnia

tamtamnia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimaryoka
    She really has a great voice! :blush:
    I've been thinking about this since a long time ago, that she indeed has a great voice but she kinda lacks confidence

Hey but lately with all the opportunities she had been given, she's gaining more confidence!:worthy:

The recent one, you guys might already knew, Ryoka, along with Tomu, Tano and Juri have been chosen to sing the theme song for Fuyu Supo, the title of the song is "Hajimari no Yuki"

Some portions of this song in the 15secs Fuyu Supo CM

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Corinth

Corinth Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    http://hicbc.com/radio/akb48/

Ryochan was selected to be one of the next main personalities on AKB's long running radio show "Konya wa Kaeranai".

I think her, Mion, and Juri have the potential to be an entertaining combination.

20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member