[PB] Kashiwagi Yuki 2nd [Yu, Yu, Yukirin] 12/04/19

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Apr 6, 2012.

1. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

LOL I dunno if "blame" is the right word to use but I do think it's unfair to compare them, because of that aspect.

I'm not exactly sure what my parents are gonna think of me buying this book either, to be honest... XD (My dad once read a bunch of random manga off my shelf when I was away, so who knows what he'll go through... lol My mom too. XD) Something with a cover like Sasshi's would be more... Um... "comfortable" for the general public to buy. I'm buying this because Yukirin is my AKB oshimen and I have spending issues (lol). But for your average fan, it does seem to come into play. That's why it's not fair to truly compare them, and why I'm not really that disappointed with the sales.

2. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    AKB photobooks are actually cheaper than other celebrities's PB about 50%. (And some of them such as H!P girls are obviously less recogizable than AKB, so people are willing to pay more for them?, i don't think so).

So i don't know whether the price is really a decision factor for Japanese fans to buy or not to buy each member's PB. If they really are her fan, they would buy even it cost 1000yen or 3000yen anyway.
    It might cost alot for us international fans but for Japanese, the difference of 300 yen can buy only the box of 500ml milk/one trip of subway. Everything in Japan cost much more than that.

3. achanp2

achanp2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    not blaming.. haha.. I mean it's better to have a "safe" cover. Perhaps it'd gain more sales from girlfans.

For next PB, I want Yukirin's like Sasshi's with a little story of her life. So it's like mini autobiography.
    Sometime people buy not because the pics but the content also.

4. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    If you want the best content + autobiography, get takaminas "photobook" it has some really deep sentimental stuff in there. But I'm more of the type who likes to buy photo books for the actual photos itself, so I much prefer photo books like mayuyus one rather than ones with writing. I'm crossing my finger Sashii comes out with a 2nd photo book which is just photos this year. :awesome:

im not too sure about other members here thought, I guess it's jut personal preference.

5. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    sasshi's book is called "photobook" with lots of interviews and writings where as yukirin's is a "picturebook"
    i don't mind if Yukirin comes out with a photobook but i like her picturebook.

This PB was only 1500 copies away from oricon weekly ranking no.1~ i'm more interested to see what the 2nd week sale will be. that's a more telling number~

6. oddball

oddball Member

^

alot of it is all relative as well, sales of Acchan's PB shot up after her graduation announcement and it is now the highest selling PB, going past Sasshi's in total sales.......

lets put this into perspective though, she did beat Acchan and Rena in 1st week sales for a PB, yes she might of lost to Sasshi but this is still a good sales record, besides, no-one can explain Sasshi's sales, nobody expected it......

hmm, I feel as tough Yic will never let me hear the end of this..... :fp:

7. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    I can explain Sashiis amazing sales...

Wotas. How else do you think she got from 19th to 9th last year with around approx 40k boost? :lol:

8. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
  9. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

i am surprised that the photographer was using a manual camera for the pb.....

10. koizora018

koizora018 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    right now, i'm hoping and hoping that i will grab a copy of this lovely and beautiful PB.... :nothappy:

11. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

the photographer is using a Leica M7 camera which is a 35 mm full frame camera.

[​IMG]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kibBD_bvc [/yt]

12. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    yah, that's an awesome camera. my friend who does photography has one and use it to take daily life shots, ie street life and stuff.

when i was flipping through the pb, i thought the pics not taken in studio were done not using DSLR cause there was that extra feel to it.

13. pongpaeng

pongpaeng Kenkyuusei

I just finished downloading the PB and when I watched all of them......... no comment, I'm having conflict in my mind

14. okkabachan

okkabachan Kenkyuusei

torrent for those who don't have money like me :)
    http://www.akb48online.net/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=e6a5077fb24ad91a3b8425ac30e910e533da6002

15. achanp2

achanp2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The more I see the PB the more I love it. It feels so natural and as if I'm going out with Yukirin. It takes my soul.. :D Well, the photographer really did a good job. The less gravure pics would be okay for me as long as I can enjoy my "trip" with Yukirin :XD:

16. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    [​IMG]

That's pretty informative, thanks for researching it. Mistake noted. ;)

17. koizora018

koizora018 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

ya i have money but i've already having a trauma on online ordering since december last year and sadly i don't have relatives in Japan my relatives are mostly based in the United States :nothappy: :nothappy: :nothappy: [brokenheart] [brokenheart] [brokenheart] :cry: :cry: :cry:

18. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i love the part of yukirin PB,
    when she did antonio inoki-monomane with her kimono.