TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Bingo

Bingo Member

2. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    ^ Thanks a lot!!

3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Please post other links if you got them... Bilibili is a pain in the a-- for sketching. Thanks ^^

@Ally_ Miru is born for performances like that one

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    In my opinion, based on this, mNet is starting to show a bias against the Japanese members. I think their ultimate goal is having 2-4 Japanese members in the final group, one of them being Sakura, and no more than that. I suspect Nako is almost a lock at this point, after her probably unexpected performance in the last round, and Moe seems pretty likely as well, so they're actively trying to reduce screen time for the other Japanese girls.

Evidence:
    -Miru's win in her group was a "blink and you'll miss it" thing, when all other first place wins were given much more screen time and celebration.
    -ZERO of the Japanese girls in the top 12 had their performance shown today and EVERY SINGLE Korean member of the Top 12 had her performance shown. It is well known that it is advantageous to have your performance shown the first night since people will have longer to vote for you based on it.
    -As a matter of fact, if they were going to show 3 vocal and 2 dance, it was literally impossible for them to show less Japanese trainees than they did. They picked both Korean-only teams and none of the teams with 3 or more Japanese. Of the only five Japanese trainees they showed, 3 of the 5 are girls who almost certainly wouldn't make the final group (Misaki, Nanami, and Minami).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Bingo

Bingo Member

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Nah not really, Episode 1-4 were heavily focused on the 48G girls. Plus there are only 18 JGirls vs 40 KGirls now, it’s inevitable. You’ll see more of the 48G girls next episode.

But yes, editing out Mirurun was shady af. But I think I may know the reason why they’re doing it.

Edit: Correction, 21 Jgirls vs 36 Kgirls

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    ^Exactly, but putting them in the next episode puts them at a pretty significant disadvantage with the voting. There were 5 Japanese and 7 Koreans in the Top 12, and they managed to show zero of the Japanese and all the Korean. I don't think it's a coincidence. Also, it's 21 Japanese girls and 36 Korean, not nearly as big a disparity as 18/40.

Mnet is just playing with the balance. I think at first there was a concern the Japanese girls wouldn't do well enough with the Korean public so they showed them more, but now they're doing TOO well, so they are showing them less. They want a few Japanese in the final group, for sure, but they definitely want there to be more Korean. They can't risk Miru sneaking into the Top 12 as well, and they've been trying to get Miyu out since the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Lol sorry for the miscount since I just counted with my fingers who I remembered entering top 58 xD I’ll reply with a better essay(?) again later cause I’m outside rn

9. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I’ll just drop this here first.
    [RAW] 180720 Produce48 Ep.06
    Part I | Part II

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lol Nako vs Wonyoung is so interesting.

You have Nako who’s like the cutest idol with her short height and expressions even though she’s getting older, and then you have Wonyoung who’s super tall and trying to be as sexy as possible even though she’s like 13 years old. Polar opposites

As far as the episode goes, I felt the lack of Korean and Japanese trainee interactions made the episode pretty boring. Hope the next episode will get better with Sakura and Nako always having fun moments

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

Nako is currently #6 trending on Naver. Despite the fact she got like 1 minute total screentime this episode? lool She was #4 earlier.

MVP's this episode for me:
    Han Chowon - During Boombayah Team 2 episode, she was a fantastic leader to the group and this week, she threw me off, I had noooo idea she could sing so well. Her visuals this week were absolutely stunning! Imagine this girl was rank 80 not so long ago. I am predicting her to jump into the top 20's. I would love to see her in the top 12.

Kang Hyewon - This girl has found a new path, and it is rapping! I wonder what her parents think? lool she isn't a skilled rapper, but i do see her improving alot in the future.

Team MeriKuri (?) - Another team of left overs? They did really well, especially Nayoung. Miruun is really beautiful when she smiles, and all the members were just shining, literally lol !

I dont have an officlal Pick. I have one list of Koreans and one list of Japanese. I'll merge them when the next eliminations happen.

Next week we are going to see NAKO and SakuraJuriHitomiMoeMiu and CHIBA ERII. I hope they get alot of screentime.

• Like Like x 4
  12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I just checked and you’re right. I think I blinked and missed her this episode lol

Han Chowan is the only other Produce member trending and she’s no. 5. Well deserved

Edit: speaking of Nako. Korean fans are going through all the old AKB and HKT variety shows, clipping out Nako moments and uploading them to YouTube with Korean subtitles. There’s a ton of them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It's going to be really funny if Nako beats Sakura in the final ranking. I could see it happening, depending on how the next episodes go.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    Finished watching and the episode was again very intense. That Ariana Grande dance team was so op!
    The color of the voice othe main vocalist for the BoA unit is so nice.

Mirurun was nice and all that but I guess Mnet has to focus more on the k trainees at this rate. Pretty sure she won bc there are a lot of 48 fans and even purists that'll vote for the 48 girls no matter what. Which I'm suspecting Mirurun's win shows.
    The fewer 48 girls are left the more votes they'll get by the fans of those that had to leave already. At least that's what I'm suspecting.

15. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Sakura: Jurina's gone from P48, I can finally win #1 place for sure

Nako: Hold my beer

• Winner x 37
    • Like x 11
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    She clearly was the most captivating in the her group. She worked her expressions perfectly and deserved that win. The “48 fans attending events” is like becoming the go-to excuse fans have when a Japanese trainee does well. I even read that about Nako today lol. In all the other performances today, iirc no Japanese finished higher than third or fourth?

Anybody checking ratings? The Nielsen Korea site isn’t updating today’s rating.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Wonyoung in Side to Side was pretty hot (yes I know she’s 13) and expression on point. Gaeun was pretty technically proficient as always but during her focus part my eyes kept drifting to Wonyoung behind her esp when she did that hairflip.

Tbh Miru only did average from what I can see on the performance vid. Hopefully solo focus vids can make me feel like her win was more deserving.

Nako vs Wonyoung for #1 is certainly something no one saw coming, most people were probably expecting Sakura vs Gaeun vs Yujin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. chiara_t

chiara_t Kenkyuusei

she rapped really decently in this episode. Honestly just being more confident will make her rap a lot better.

19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    trying to imagine Nako actually holding a glass of beer

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
  20. yousakura

yousakura Member