TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

1. Handclap
    2. Instruction
    3. Sorry not Sorry
    4. Touch
    5. Side to Side

Handclap
    The performance was really cute and lively. I think they did the best as a group. The two Korean girls fit in so well with AKB I hope they get kennins.

Instruction
    Their performance was great. Everyone looked really good. I guess Eunchae won cause she knew how to work that booty of hers. I wish they focused more on Chiyori during her lip sync.

Sorry not Sorry

This was a really flashy presentation but I feel like no one really stood out as there was so much going on. I feel Chaewon can do whatever and I still won't be impressed by her. She just has no charisma imo.

Touch
    I always knew Miu would explode in Korea. She just has those visuals and the right mix of talent. Minju was so forgettable but she has a fanbase so I'm not surprised she won. I always felt like the way Hitomi styled herself was really dated so seeing her get exposed to the Korean aesthetics was really nice. I hope she learns a lot from this show and becomes more creative.

Side to Side
    This was so boring. The remix was also terrible. Wonyoung hard carried. Lee Sian shouldn't have went for dance. When will Yireon learn that flexibility is not a personality trait.

Bonus comments:

DDDD
    Love how the camera man felt it was necessary to zoom in on Sakura during Gahyun's line. Girl already barely gets screen time. Well anyway I felt like they tried too hard. I think Juri did great. Vivian did well too but she looked so funny it was more cute than anything. I love how Vivian is so famous now even Doa is trying to look like her. Doa's rap was powerful but her inflections were kind of all over the place. Seoyoung has just been disappointing throughout the whole competition meh so tired of her.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 2
  2. canaver

canaver Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    In EP 4, you can see Ooh-Ahh Group 1 practicing in FNC Entertainment's building. Also, Very Very Very Group 1 in Yuehua Entertainment building. I guess it makes sense that their agencies would help them in finding a time and place to practice.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    when did they record the elims? yesterday? because some people posting rumored ranking.

• Creative Creative x 2
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Seems to be based on who were spotted at airport today, but not sure about KR side.

5. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Did anybody don't really like Nako's high note in INTW? Or it is just me?

Because I feel she's screeching into the mic.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not just you. I feel that it's thin and lacks projection. Not just in ITNW, but also Love Whisper. Her overall tone is also pretty nasal. Quite a contrast with Yunjin's powerful high note.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

I think you might be over exaggerating on the screeching descriptor, but there were parts where she and Erii stood out. Not in terms of quality (thought Erii was quite nice, actually), just that their vocal pitches felt somewhat out of place in the song. It sounds like Nako has a restricted vocal range (high to very high pitch). Also, I was a little disappointed when they replayed her Love Whisper vocal highlight in the background of the judges' reaction and showed that it was definitely edited post performance.

Despite that, I'm starting to realize Nako was very fortunate to end up with the Love Whisper song in that first group eval. It fit her like a glove, letting her showcase her strengths (being cute, having a bright voice, executing dance moves with finesse, etc.). Sae Kurihara suggesting that Nako be the main vocal, and Na Young letting her take it. She got a little unlucky in that none of the songs really fit her this time, maybe the Christmas song would've. Unfortunately, she had no way of getting it or knowing about it. For some reason, it looked like each group was looking at their songs for the first time this episode. Almost like they were picking some of the songs blind.

I really like Nako, and would like to see her in the top 12. However, it's a good thing that they don't have a position battle eval where the trainers separate each trainee into their weakest positions, and whoever does worst gets votes deducted from their total tally. ...Kind of wish I could see it, though. Sae, Miu, Hitomi, and Mako forced to do a hard vocal assignment, and making Miyu, Haeyoon, Nako, and Nanami twerk, that'd be good TV.

• Like Like x 4
  8. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Same, I thought I was the only one who thought the remix was so terrible it's distracting.

Victoria of f(x) is 500 years into her debut and she still hasn't learn that

Instead of "don't really like", I just feel it's lacking so much in power (to be fair, maybe it's because I'm used to original ITNW powerful high notes by TaengSic). Tbh Yoonjin's high note also lacks in power but Nako's is just more obvious. Nako wasn't even belting it, she just sang in a high tone & has a nasal natural high-pitch voice.

9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Since some people have been ranking...

Vocal:
    1. Meri Kuri- really hit me right in the emotions, and Haeyoon was fantastic (Nayoung was great too)
    2.Truth Untold - Really liked the harmonies, and Myao surprised me
    3. Don't Know You- Would have ranked this higher, but it's lower because of Hyewon's awful rapping
    4. Into the New World- Very Pretty
    5. Energetic- Somehow felt a little flat to me, especially for a song called "Energetic". Maybe it was the arrangement
    6. Ddu- du Dddu- du- Agree with everyone else. It was super messy. I know Bibian tried her best, but I just can't take her seriously trying to be sexy. Also, I've really come to dislike Seoyoung,not knowing her lyrics at rehearsal and then forgetting them in the performance shows a lack of practicing and commitment, insisting on a bunch of dance choreography in a vocal song, and I recall her being a poor leader of her Ooh Ahh song as well and Haeun having to take over

Dance:
    1. Instruction- The whole team had great energy and cohesiveness, and I thought Eunchae was great
    2. Handclap- this team looked good as an overall group as well
    3. Side to Side- very sexy (a little too sexy in Wonyoung's case)
    4. Touch- liked most of the team member's efforts, but the choreo was lacking
    5. Sorry not Sorry- looked like 5 good individual dancers more than a team

• Like Like x 2
  10. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    WANG KE REALLY BLOSSOMED. All of the sudden she went from being a cute meme to a goddess omg she deserves everything. Her expressions for instruction were the best of the whole team. Giving her fifth was wrong.

Noe's rap in energetic is so catchy omg I want her to rap more. Also I thought Miru should have won the overall dance.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Midori

Midori Member

From the performances I've seen it seems like Nako only uses her head voice when she sings, thus the lack of power in her voice. On the other hand, a lot of the 48g girls sound like they at least slip into singing with their regular speaking voice, which really limits what you can do. And Miyu, despite being so good,sometimes sounds like she sings far back in her mouth instead of at the front, giving it a slightly choked sound? Like she's constricting the air flow and ends up out of breath. I thought it was just when she sings and dances at the same time and having poor breath support but it happened when she was sitting down too. It's absent in her YT videos though (and when she did the high note to help Sakura in episode ...2?). Myao really surprised me though, I didn't know she could sing :O I mean it could be edited, but she got first in her group, right? I assume she did well live then.

Juri was the best part about the DDDD team to me, she seemed the most uh... prepared? I especially like the note right before the first "Ddu du ddu du". Bibian did well too, a bit nasally, Sakura surprised me with her vocals in the beginning, but the overall performance was really messy. I guess Seoyoung must have felt really pressured thus leading to the lapse in judgement/failure to memorize the lyrics.

I need Chiyori to pass this elimination though, she's too funny and a good performer too. Miru was robbed of those 100 000 votes, she doesn't even have to do anything - she just draws my eye immediately [hehe]

12. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

I just wanted to post my thoughts on the votes for center being based on nationality. It's a bit of a hot topic with the Nako Yoonjin thing.

Here's my take. First of all, I don't think the girls are intentionally choosing their friends just because they're friends. I also don't think it's a matter of singing culture (I can debate this point if you disagree). I think the main reason is basically the 48G girls come in already knowing a lot about their fellow 48G members. They know which ones are "the dancers" and which ones are "the singers". They are biased with these preconceptions. So when it's time to vote, it's a choice between a girl you just met who seemed to sing one line well, versus a girl, who maybe didn't sing that one line quite as well, but still acceptable and who you know for a long time to be reliable in the role. And also consider they have only a few days to create their performance and if the center turns out to be unreliable they have to redistribute the parts and it will become a disaster as we've seen in various groups. I think it's very reasonable to choose the one you know to be reliable over the one you just met that happened to sing one line well.

Basically, I don't like that people make it like the 48G girls just favour Japan, or just favour their friends.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. PP22

PP22 Kenkyuusei

I find people very hard with Park Seoyoung. Jennie herself has already forgotten her rap while Blackpink was singing the same 5 songs in a loop.
    And I feel like I'm the only one who rather liked the performance of Ddu Du Ddu Du

• Like Like x 9
  15. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I liked how Kim Doah was dripping with attitude and I thought Juri looked particularly pretty and sang well. Nothing else really wow'd me though. Sakura was alright

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Sorry but Seoyoung just gave me bad impression throughout though. This is the second time her leadership is questionable. After Like Ooh Ahh, I thought she should be more sensitive about some discontentment in her group. On top of that, she has been warned about forgetting the lyric during rehearsal, yet she still forget in actual live. I understand that singers sometimes forget lyrics when they have to sing so many songs but she only needs to sing 1 song (short version), she only has a few lines to memorize, and she got one whole week to prepare. I just don't find an excuse of forgetting lyric. She is actually talented but doesn't seem to take this competition too seriously.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Agreed. I don't really understand what's the hype about.

To be honest, Gfriend's concept be about refreshing and cute. And Nako fits in. But ITNW? I don't really think so. But regarding the unlucky part, it's not the part that this song doesn't suit her, it's the part of the song doesn't suit her.

At least Victoria is more flexible than Yireon.

I'm pretty used TaengSic's or Taeyeon and Seohyun's high note in this song. But however, I do agree with you that Nako isn't belting the high note, she's just merely singing it at the same tone and pitch.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

18. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I actually think Kirin-chan’s high notes were a bit shaky and unstable...

===
    Well.. anyways, I found this yesterday but couldn’t post it since I don’t have stable signal where I’m at rip, but here for those who are interested, it’s synced with episode 7:
    [PRODUCE48 REACTION] 180727 Megu, Yukari, Kaori Showroom

• Like Like x 2
  20. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Nako's high note in Love Whisper sounded nice because there was a little dynamic when she belted it (I use earphone with almost full volume btw, so I understand if it's not really heard to some). The ITNW was... idk, flat? Also, I agree that ITNW concept doesn't really fit Nako like Love Whisper did.

That twerk in Rumor's preview tho omg. Saeppi and Miu need to prepare themselves since they're the strongest 48G candidate to be in that song.

The song slaps tho, sounds like a demo for an established act.