Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I can buy that. What about Pon then? I guess she was also soft-dropped from Center to give way to the future (2nd gen)? Pon may center one or more coupling songs, but what about centering future main singles? Will she doing that be viewed as "going backwards"? For the last year or so we all know she is being both hungry and ready to be the next center. Wil she ever get that chance after all this "starting over" mood we are currently in?

• Like Like x 1
  2. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Pon's case is difficult. People keep forgetting she is only 20, whole two years younger than Hono for example. But she's been there in the first row since the very beginning. Hell, the very first shot in Saimajo MV is her riding a bicycle. My bet is that she will eventually center a single, but current transitional period is not the right time for it. Let's see how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Me personally I'm torn on PonPon. She's very solid (by the way can we count DareKane as a Pon center?) and has grown a lot, and like @turbogig said, is only turning 21 this month but has 5 years of experience already.

IMHO, I'm always looking for another gear from her. I feel she can do more, and what she has done so far is quite solid, but for our group, it has to be more than that. I feel like she has that next gear still.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

So I guess judging from the single's jacket, we can now conclude that there would be center rotations and that Hikaru isn't gonna center all the songs. We were correct abt any of the Sakura8 centering a song. Most of us were worried so much but turns out we were worried for nothing lol. As I said before, let's just wait & see, give them the benefit of doubt

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  6. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I'm loving this new system lol. These girls needs the hype

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Morita-kun and Karin-chan center!?!?! Now, this is my first time where two of my favorite Keya/Sakura members become a center. :1st: And, if Pon becomes center next single, that will complete my heart!

8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
  9. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Just two words: AT LAST

Not so for the selection of the particular girls, for which I'm happy, but more so for the decision to let many girls shine! Looking forward to enjoy a variety of girls at the front (if not center).

But at the end of the day, I see another very interesting pattern: The unique characteristic that was interoduced with Keyakizaka46 in breaking existing "stereotypes" within the idol practices, seems to continue if they decide to make the center position a reachable goal for as many girls as possible (provided talent and wish to work hard) and not a small "elite", plus a relatively small group of girls for each song. The irony is that all this is based on an established and tried recipe.

It's always nice to use known ingredients to make a completely different and delicious dish!

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The single has six b-sides, right?

So... three girls are centering all seven songs? Better than just one girl centering everything, but I wonder why didn't they shake it up a bit more and just gave a center to every Sakura 8 girl.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    The 2ki push is coming out strong eh? I’m actually quite surprised they didn’t give any song to Pon or Risa, but surely they’ll have prominent positions in all 7 song-formation

I guess Hikaru, Karin and Ten are getting 2 bsides each. The type A cover looks good, is Shinto Takeshi still in charge of cd jackets? I can’t wait to see the rest

• Like Like x 1
  12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I wondered why too. But then when I think about it, it might be better to keep the attention focused to a small number of girls. In this single, they clearly want to push out Karin and Ten alongside Hikaru

I'm sure (hope) the rest of this current Saku8 line up, especially the 1kisei, will get their chances in the future

Quite

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Curious what they will do with type B, C and D. But it is an exciting time for someone who has pushed for center rotation in the discussions.

14. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    This is slightly better than what I thought (although I don't get the hype over Karin). I would have liked to see a 1ki get a song too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seele

Seele Kenkyuusei

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    oh I thought they would release info about who’s centring the other songs later?

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    In that announcement, they announced the 3rd row lineup of 'the song/s' that karin and ten would be centering. They only did it for two of the 7 songs (the 3rd being nobody's fault) so I have a feeling we're going to see more lineup announcements along with the other cover reveals. If it is like that, then we've got 3 song lineup's announced and 4 to go, I can see Pon and Hono getting a center too tbh

18. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    ahh i really love this song! it's been stuck in my head since i first heard it lol it's so catchy. imo it's very nogizaka, but it has keyaki's sharpness and defiance which i love. the outfits are also really pretty!! they're plain and bulky but in a good way, like it's one of those outfits that seem like they'd look bad but somehow work. and i'm happy runrun is center!!! she definitely deserves it and i'm glad they're pushing 2ki more, though i'm kinda sad my oshi endo hikari isn't in senbatsu rip. i'm happy my other oshi tenten made it in though!

19. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I'm glad that they decided to rotate the center, it's a necessary move that will help the group. I can't wait to see the line ups for the other songs.

20. Valanthronus

Valanthronus Kenkyuusei

Karin and Ten centering the coupling songs, I think that's a good idea.
    Finally, give the girls the spotlight that they deserved. :approve:
    Hopefully, the management won't mess up this system again in the future. Looking forward for another announcement for the other songs.

• Like Like x 1