Sato Amina (Amina) / 4th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by yumestarlet, Nov 29, 2007.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Re: Sato Amina / Team B

Oh, I'm not talking about this forum.
    When I search her name in Japanese and see things like "she's up to 70kg" or see youtube videos where the most upvoted comment is "her belly is coming out" then yeah, it's pretty sad. And it's true too, I'll see those videos and think "wow, it's amazing she's still an idol."

I feel like it's born from being sad, not from letting herself go.

Wow, amazing entry.

I'm really not a fan of the whole election thing, don't like the whole oshi-whatever stuff, but that was a pretty moving post.

When I think about how tough it is to learn all 3 stages, song and dance... dang. Mega effort right there. I hope she hasn't lost it.

2. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

^
    Ah ok sorry for the misunderstanding. It's not hard imagining casual akb fans or non fans to simply criticize her due to her look or weight. And you are right sadness like mentioned before (example her 2nd election vid) maybe part of it. :cry:

@ aakun
    That resume was pretty well done and quite accurate.Kinda forgot Fujie Reina in the list of same gen girls who got pushed ahead of her. Bummer you couldn't officially use it. But i agree with your displeasure with management :hmm: I'm not sure which rules you broke but if you maybe take out comparisons between other girls or keep it anonymous maybe it might still pass [think]

... cause somehow we have to balance the haters who hate her for her high pitched voice, chubbiness, uneven eyes, kissing/harrassment of other members :hehe: and being pretty much the only non regular senbatsu girl to have positive results in both elections.FIGHTING :angry: !!!

3. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

oh yeah. Reinyan too. i should add her to the list :awesome:

thank you for reading gyan m(-.-)m. i admire you as amina-oshi sempai so i'm happy that you found it accurate enough ;__; <3

i actually know there are a lot of things about amina that i left out. so i should probably include more stuff later or in a new post.

4. muuh

muuh Kenkyuusei

Amina, I like you so much :cute:
    It's really awesome, Amina has so devoted fans!

I like the article very much, aakun.
    Hopefully she makes it to senbatsu again!

Realistically speaking, I have my doubts. Last years top undergirls (e.g. Mocchi, Lovetan and Yuka) have been pushed so much since last year, it will be really hard for her. I can't say how popular Yui has become or if Myao can make it, but there are also SKE's front girls.

Nevertheless, she'll get my vote for sure!!

5. maxKyoto

maxKyoto Kenkyuusei

As I am new to AKB48 can somebody give me a brief introduction to what senbatsu is and how all the pushing works?

Thanks!

6. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

@maxKyoto

I found this primer that explains it more easily than I could ever explain it.
    http://houseofsquared.com/2011/04/18/ak ... on-primer/

As for pushing, here's a good way to explain it:
    Let's say some TV show wants AKB48 to appear, or let's say management wants AKB48 to appear on a show or a magazine some other public appearance.

They can pretty much choose who they want to be on that show or negotiate or whatever.

So it's really all a matter of how bad management wants someone to appear, and none of us really know how that works. Usually with senbatsu, it's the fan speaking for who they want to appear, and yet even in the #8 spot in 2009 she was practically invisible making most fans distraught and making Satou Amina seemingly give up.

I'd like to see her make senbatsu though. I really like her story and I really like the chances given to her now with the Nico Nico show and with her own radio show.

However, with NMB involved, I'm sure Yamamoto Sayaka and that Milky chick are locks especially since they've been granted senbatsu on Kachuusha. Then there's Yokoyama Yui and her amazing rise culminating with Not Yet, and everyone else in Not Yet including Sashihara Rino. And with AKB48 being pushed to mainstream last year, it's going to be harder for those that aren't as visible.

I don't watch LODs but is her dancing bad? Is her singing bad? Is she a terrible actor? All I know for sure is that she's an awesome radio host.

EDIT: I saw AKBINGO... looks like in next week's episode she's the MC! Yay! Good for her.

7. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Aakun, that was an amazing piece. I'll admit that I teared up a few times. I've always liked Amina, but that really brought out her story in a concise way and I hope she gets some more supporters from it!

In other news, I was showing my boyfriend some AKB last week, and out of that big group shot of all of the girls with the newest Kouhaku costumes on, he said Amina was his favorite. Good taste, huh? I will be linking him that article now.

8. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

great article aakun, it summed everything up quite well. Remembered the times back then when I was still a casual fan who barely knew any other members other than Acchan. Then the Senbatsu Election happened and I was won over by her speech. To be honest I haven't been truthful to Amina these past few months since the Singapore concert, but your article made me remember the reason why I love Amina.

have you guys seen her new profile picture yet?
    [​IMG]

9. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

I LOVE HER HAIR <3
    I always get the feeling that Amina's eyes are like a cat's. I don't know, they're filled with black. I mean it in a pretty way ofc :blush:

10. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :inlove:

11. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

Melos125 : sure amina with her new profile pic look so cute :inlove:

but she in MG2 having trouble and get kicked :cry:

12. Tyzer

Tyzer Member

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Her new profile is just cutest thing ever :inlove:

Also I love the article aakun. The fact that she's scared of being in senbatsu but she really wants to be in it is just so cute but sad at the same time in some way.

13. Hikari Yairi

Hikari Yairi Kenkyuusei

Aminyan's election video O=
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUo63uSVXuk[/yt]

She talked about previous elections O: At least she said her results XD
    Don't know japanese, though :XD:
    And something about giving smiles? xD guessin' :/ just guessin ._.

14. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

^
    3rd times the charm GO VOTE FOR AMINA!!! [rock]
    I'm glad at least shes smiling this time, with more of a professional poise and aura.
    Maybe she's come to terms with the role management really pushes her to (back).
    Or maybe she realizes its her time to be senbatsu again LOL (sorry no jinxing)

@ aakun lol never knew i was an "amina fan sempai" but i guess thats a good thing lol. Its also awesome that your cool resume of amina made it into the "vote for my oshimen" thread.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

i think she said her goal is to smile no matter what position she gets

i suck at listening though

16. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Senbatsu is the "chosen group" of members for a single. Obviously, not all 48 members can appear in the main track, so only the "chosen group" (Senbatsu) of about 16 to 20-something members appear on the main track, with the remaining members featured on the b-sides of singles. This group is chosen by management, but is chosen once a year by the fans when they vote for the members they want to see in senbatsu through the senbatsu election. 12 of these senbatsu members, called 'media senbatsu' are the ones featured on TV talk shows and magazines as stuff (as they can't drag ALL of senbatsu around to everything)

Pushing is when the management pick a girl who wasn't particularly prominent, and promote her everywhere. For a limited period (usually a matter of months) of time she appears in CMs and TV shows and magazines alongside the most popular members. For this time, the member is treated as a much more popular member than she really is. This usually leads to a rise in popularity for that girl, and that girl will continue to be featured quite often...... until she starts to fade away again...... and other pushed girls can overtake her.
    It keeps the line-up FRESH :D

AMINA'S NEW PROFILE PICTURE = FLAWLESS :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

17. Alexou1250

Alexou1250 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika

This actually moved me ....ahhhhhi really want he to get into the media senbatsu now~~~~

18. muuh

muuh Kenkyuusei

Amina, I'm so glad you're my oshi :cute: Please smile for us!
    I didn't think she could be so mature.

Btw, I think Amina will get more screen time than usual in "Hito no chikara", because I can definitely her her in the first part of the song :XD:

19. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

I think that I'm starting to like Amina more and more all the time..

She's so cute & such a good singer too. <3 :cute:

20. muuh

muuh Kenkyuusei

Anybody still interested in translating Aminas blog?

I enjoyed reading her blog very much :)