Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^better safe than sorry. The threat obviously worked on me as I ended up logging into my twitter that I haven't opened in months only to "like" her short videos.

2. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Nothing Paruru says is empty.

On a side note can anyone make out what her hat says? I see a little American flag but can't read any words.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  3. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^nope. video is too low quality. zooming just pixelates everything into a mountain of jaggies.

4. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

5. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^dunno, but I think its still chinese. Love that Paruru sheepish grin.

Random ramblings
    So, I found some free time to get away from reality and all the shit it comes with to play subber and I'm only 8 lines into I threaten you, and it all takes place in the first 2 minutes but its already taken me a good 2 hours lol. Fixing the timing is easy enough. Its just taking me a shit loads of time to use google translate. Not that its hard, I just end up looking up random words and stuff. Not the best way to learn a language i know, and I'm sure I'll forget about what I've looked up, but at least when it does pop up again, I'll have that itchy feeling at the back of my brain that I know that word/phrase lol.

random japanese word of the day: hito - not sure but I think it means person or people or something lolololl

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The tag on the tweet is
    他是我的老师
    He is my teacher
    (with the arrow pointing to Dean)

The first part of what she says is the same as before.
    現在開始威脅你
    threatening you.

The last words I can't catch (edit: I think she says "right" in English and gives the sheepish grin).

The words on the clip itself look like

練習中文
    practicing Chinese, with the character for language covered by the tears. Also, the first character has a straight line across the middle and not the two small marks as above. Perhaps this is a Japanese variant (or I am guessing wrong, but practice makes sense in the context).

7. Merlin54

8. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^thats some awfully low ratings.
    Also, I'm finding it very difficult to find ep02 :( I hope it pops up soon...

Edit:
    Nevermind, found it.. complete with commercials :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  9. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    That's a video of her practicing saying "ImaKyo, please watch it~" in Chinese. That's why the tweet text says 'Before and after'.
    The text say renshuchu 練習中, no '文'. Basically, mid-practice, or in the middle of practicing. You could hear O-Dean telling her 'mou ikkai'2x or 'one more time'. Seems like she's got a pretty strict teacher.

10. Merlin54

^ Thanks. :). Got to say Paru working hard at promoting the drama. Pity the ratings are disappointing.

The guy who does the analysis based on viewers SNS has now covered Ep #02. Basically, much the same as Ep 1, Dean gets most tweets followed by Paruru. Camera work is still shaky and Paruru is still cute.

https://dramatm.com/kyohaku-2/
    -------------------------------------------

On a brighter note, Hiyokko has picked up some prizes:-

9th Confidence Award Drama Prize for the Summer 2017 season;-

Best Drama: Hiyokko
    Best Supporting Actress: Wakui Emi (Hiyokko)
    Best Script: Okada Yoshikazu (Hiyokko)

https://doramaworld.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/winners-of-9th-confidence-award-dorama.html
    ------------------------------------------
    Paruru retweeted this video saying it was 'awful but amazing' (Tweet has now gone)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ebc0329_hina/status/924617151436111877/video/1
    ------------------------------------------
    Some Paru from previous Halloween-

Halloween 1.jpg Halloween 2.jpg Halloween 3.jpg

Cr: uploaders

11. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

While Paruru being cute is an undeniable fact, do they comment on her acting? At this point I think it would benefit her if her acting were praised rather than her looks, as there are tons of attractive actresses.

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The video of Paruru, Ricchan, and Yuria is from a tv show about NyaaKB. I have seen it before, but don’t have a link.

13. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I've been wondering the same thing. Been trying to look for reviews and such, but with the show having such low viewer ratings, I haven't found anyone else who cares enough to write a review or even comment about the show.

At this point, I'm beginning to think that Paruru is just there for the Cuteness factor. Something like a backup plan that if the show bombed hard, at least there will be a small followings of Paruru and O-Dean fans to still brave through the series. As for Emi..well, I dunno, but her being pregnant and about to get married may have negatively impacted the show. (Yeah, I'll be honest, I keep looking at her stomach trying to see if there's a baby bulge already seeing as all her outfits are god awful and looks like loose cloths to hide the early stages of pregnancy... I'm sure I'm not the only one doing it..).

They shoulda dropped her like a rock and recasted. Pregnant actress playing cute sexy collage girl = balls.

14. Madoka

Not about, is.

I'm curious about reviews of her acting in general, not just this show. I would like to know what the J-Drama world thinks of her, not just the idol crowd.

15. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    That one with Hasute and Wasute...

16. ABF48

ABF48 Member

if the show failed it'll blamed on emi lol hold my words, tho paru might get some flack from her anti.

In paruru case, she's been continously getting job here and there lately, and in japan the power of the agency and your pretty face is the matter. Also in japan they dont rlly comment on someone acting, and there's still so many jpn actor/actress that is suck in acting. So for paruru, she shouldnt've to worry about that, at least for now.

look at kawaei, she's everywhere, and it has nothing to do with her popularity, ever since her grad i feel that her agency rlly push her like she's the only talent in that agency, even i lately started to hate her bc she's just everywhere.. everytime i see her in that au cm, it annoys me to death lol and everytime i see her in drama it does make me goes "nooo, not her again -,-"

i'd say paruru is on the right path, she's not too pushed (except her appearance on that asadora), and she's not too sunk in the darkness either.

17. Merlin54

18. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    If you do it, then idk how many else do (I simply change tabs when she appears, which is pretty often. Why yes, I am not enjoying this drama as much as I would like to, thank you for wondering). If that is the case, then yeah, that's gonna be a minus for the show. Nothing against pregnant women working, but considering her college girl role.. :blink: And it's not like she's capable of delivering a performance that would make us forget all that either.
    See, even talks of the drama swerves that way. And lord, how I wish it didn't have to.

It's the reason why I'd prefer her taking supporting roles for now. Tbr, while she's pretty oldie in showbiz, she's still a newbie in acting, and while she shows growth she's no instant genius. I'd let her take things slow while enjoying her agency's power of getting her roles every other season or so.

19. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I feel the same. I've been searching for reviews of the show in hopes that it touches on her acting, but i have yet to find any. If Bakaleya and MG3 is anything to go by, then our best bet is to look for reviews of Ima Kyouhaku from outside Japanese sites. I've read a lot of negative reviews for both and all came from sites that are not Japanese. Seems like Japan cares more about looks and availability than they do about actual acting skills.

I haven't seen much of her haters lately. Actually, it all stopped when she graduated. I'm inclined to believe you in that agency's influence and pretty face is more important than actual acting ability (base on what i've observed).

I think its a combination of her agency's influence and what the producers/director saw when Paruru auditioned for Hiyokko. I actually enjoyed her acting there. (plus there was still that one scene where she was half-assing it with just enough energy to clap her hands...for the record, I loved that part and was lmao).

The sad part is, I watched ep1 hoping to be blown away by the entire cast only to instantly dislike Emi. I mean, sure, I admit that I don't understand a word they're saying, but emotions are universal and we can all pick up on it regardless of the language barrier and Emi isn't giving me anything. She just sucks so much. If Paruru's haters claimed that she only had one expression, and that's her signature troubled look, then Emi has zero. Its like a blank slate with eyes and a mouth.

Yeah, its kinda sad that were talking about her being pregnant which should be irrelevant to the show. But the fact that we are even talking about it, even just a little, means that there are probably more who see it as a negative. I'm also all for working pregnant women, more power to them. But a pregnant collage girl? pffft... that's just balls.

They should have recasted. Or probably delayed the show if they really wanted her in it. Look at Resident Evil. they actually placed the entire filming of the last movie on hold coz the lead (whats her name.. Milla boco joco or something vitch) got pregnant. They waited for her to give birth, get back in shape, and when the movie came out, no one cared at all that she's a mama.

Personally, I'd like to see Paruru in a lead role soon. Nothing over the top. Something light hearted and funny would be nice. Or I'd like to see her casted in a live action adaptation of an anime or something... no wait.. haha.. scratch that.. I just watched that sailormoon performance of theirs a few times today and Paruru as Sailor Venus is still fresh in my mind lol. IMO, she pulled off the Sailor Venus cosplay perfectly.

20. Madoka

I was wondering about the agencies and these suboptimal actresses. I get that the agencies greatly help these girls get roles, but the agencies and TV stations are not altruistic, they want to make a profit. So that would suggest that these poor actresses are still making money for the agencies, no? Otherwise wouldn't the agency move on to the next girl who might actually have acting skills? Then if they are making money, I guess that's because of their overall popularity? Takei's last drama where she was the lead got a 11.36% which is quite respectable.

I noticed that too. I don't think she was putting in enough effort to make a sound. LOL. But this may be dangerous for her. When she was in AKBG, she was one of many girls on stage all in the same group. As one of the top girls, she was somewhat protected (see KojiHaru). She is now an individual actress. If directors, producers, and viewers start noticing this, they may not have the same enjoyment of her lack of effort that people here do. If this affects her popularity, and if popularity is more important than acting skills, then it could affect her agency's view of her. Producers and directors may be less enthusiastic to work with her.

This wasn't a review, but a comment I read about her acting somewhere. They commented that she's playing the same role all the time, and that they couldn't tell her roles apart. This may be because of her reputation. Want a salty actress, get her, type of thing. Like she's playing Salt all the time.