Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    She’s not left-handed. She throws with her right hand. Classically, she can be described as “bats left, throws right.” It’s rather common.

I myself have switched thinking that batting from my left side is better than my right, and I was always a righty in the batter’s box.

Japan’s most famous baseball player, Ichiro Suzuki, also bats left and throws right. He, too was born a righty, but famously perfected his swing from the left side to be just a tad quicker to first base. Supposedly, he could hit as well from either side of the plate, but he preferred that left side for the one less step to first.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    ^ I think it's the same case with Mayu. She bats really hard with her left but she writes with right. On the billiards episode she also cued with her right.

And a minor thing to point out but the editing in that video is amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Relatively higher production costs compared to other ex-46/48 members. I'm suspecting this was produced by...K-Max?

The graphics format - especially the random popping up 'comment bubbles' (on the lower right) - makes me think K-Max was assisting with the production of Maiyan's YouTube channel.

Maiyan is no Linus (LTT; Linus Sebastian) or MKBHD (Marques Brownlee), and I doubt Maiyan is able to produce videos by herself for the time being, but the presentation is quite professional.

(But I'm a bit critical about the image quality compared to, say, LTT or MKBHD or some of my favorite tech YouTubers; maybe it has to do with the cameras used with the production? Probably the cameras aren't 4K; maybe the channels that I mentioned are filmed in 4K in most - if not all - cases. Although 4K isn't really critical for on-location shooting in most cases...)

4. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

Is it odd to hold her graduation on a Wednesday?
    Tokyo Dome and the maybe more realistic Meiji Jingu Stadium seem to have nothing scheduled on October 28 though.

6. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    This possibly has some to do with it.

7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I don't get it. From where does it come from?

8. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Nanamin's PV on the 13th single. Could be a coincidence, a homage, or maybe something else... :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    We need to remind ourselves that COVID-19 restrictions are still in effect - and won't be loosened for the foreseeable future. Current cap is 5,000 or 50% - but whichever is fewer. Both Tokyo Dome and Meiji Jingu can hold well over 10,000, but no matter how large it is, whether it's 10,000 or 50,000 (in normal operations), it's still a hard cap at 5,000. I can't see that these restrictions will be loosened before 2021. (And I can't see a Hinatazaka Tokyo Dome live this year, either.)

10. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

I kinda ruled that one out, plus I guess there are already some people who thinks she'll make an appearance because of that :)
    I just got curious after I've read about ONE OK ROCK holding a concert in a stadium without audience, since I assume Nogizaka could just rent some studio or something on a weekend if they wanted and yet they went with the middle of a week for a pretty big event.

11. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    How are we going to watch Maiyan's graduation concert? Open for international viewers or in Japan only? Still not many details around yet

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 7
  14. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香

Hello.
    It's hot every day!
    I can't believe August is already over when I realize it's over.

The details of the graduation commemorative goods have been released.
    I've had the pleasure of producing and making several of them!

They come in several sizes, so I had to try them on for a bit.
    I really wanted a short length of the white long-sleeve shirt, so I made it for women, but men can wear it too ^ ^
    I'm wearing a size S.
    maigoods1.jpg
    I think S is good for women!
    And the sleeves are long enough so you can wear it loose.
    I think an M or L would be a good choice for men ^^^.
    I thought it would be pretty loose in an M.
    I know it's short, but if you still wear it, I'm overjoyed!
    It's a black and grey long Tee.

I'm wearing an XS.
    maigoods2.jpg
    I'm 162 cm tall.
    On XS, it's rather a snug fit!

I like to wear them a little loosely, so I would probably choose a size S.
    Choosing a size is so hard...
    I hope this is helpful to you ^ ^
    I based my design of the white long Tee, from an off-shot photo I took when I was in Guam shooting a music video for Offshore Girl, and made it into a back print!
    maigoods3.jpg
    I miss it, four years ago.

For my remaining time in Nogizaka,
    I hope to have a lot of fun and laugh a lot ^ ^

Oh, I turned 28 on the 20th!
    I've also set up a personal YouTube channel, so please check it out.

------------------

Her latest YT episode, My Cooking

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Online concerts ticket sales are easier to organize than actual venue concerts and they have no ticket limit. Thus, i expect them to probably only put up sales about 3 weeks before the date for fan club members and maybe 1-2 weeks before for general sales. if they follow Keyaki's and Hinata's online lives, then Lawson Zaiko would be the best choice for overseas fans as they not only accept foreign credit cards, their stream is not geo blocked also. Stagecrowd stream is not geo blocked also , but i'm not sure about payment as when I used this ,the payment was handled by Hinata's fan club system and followed my fan clubs subscription. Rakuten TV however is geo blocked and VPN doesn't bypass it neither.

on another note, yesterday's 1st round of concert goods sales opened and it was like a general ticket sales for birthday lives lol. server also went down few hours. but i did manage to get the goods and t-shirt i wanted. I checked this morning, and they are not sold out yet ,lol. everyone just thought that it would be extremely limited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Cooking time with Maiyan

17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    The way Maiyan's YT videos are produced I wonder how long can they keep this up? It's very much like a television show. I believe no other idols on YouTube are doing something like this. Some may have similarly decent production, but Maiyan's just seems to have a bigger production budget. Or is it just me?

18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Considering how big her views are, it's totally worth it.

19. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    will her team planning to put subtitles on her each videos? like on Ikoma's YT channel.

20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah, I hope so. If they put subtitles, it can definitely reach a wider audience.

• Agree Agree x 1