Shiroma Miru (Mirurun) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by wendychi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Yes she really did great in DX. She was also able to talked a lot and even mention Ureshiroma :lol:
    I hope she left a good impression on Downtown or staffs of the program so that she would be invited again for other shows.

2. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Hello all,

I have been following Miru for about half a year or so. She is my NMB oshi (since Maachun is in AKB now). I normally followed Maachun but thought I had no reason to return to NMB but Miru has kept me in the loop. I haven't posted to this thread cuz I felt like I was betraying Meru-chan (my HKT oshi), but its fine to separate the Oshi's by team I guess right? and there is a big age gap, so its fine (2 years its huge I know!). what do you guys think?

Yours truly,

Time

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  3. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Welcome to the thread!

While I personally believe you can only have 1 oshimen and just other members that you like, I think you should be able to enjoy the group however you want. Just have fun with it.

4. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Well I feel Miru would rank much higher but it seems management invested all its chips in 2-3 people and as per the election, Sayanee (great results) , Milky (so-so results), and Yamada (with low results) are the horses they have backed. over the years they should have paid more attention to Miru and Maachun and their other members but they put the majority of NMB48 visibility on Sayanee and Milky. So to me, NMB48 is the weakest of the teams due to poor management.

I think Miru would be doing much better in the election if she was given the attention Meru and Jurina were given. But she just isn't. so it sucks. It seems like the girls like Miru, Anna, etc get pushed to the back as eye candy but never get a big push. So I feel bad for Miru.

5. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    You should check out the NMB General thread because there has been extensive discussion about this over the past few days.

And as far as Miru goes, her popularity boom started this year. She got way better and handshakes, got some nice gravure opportunities and a nice G+ boost from interacting with other members among other things. I think her popularity growth is being managed just fine.

I don't really want to go into management criticisms/praise here because it'll derail the thread. I encourage you to visit the NMB General Thread for that.

6. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    @Time007 Hey welcome! Feel free to post here

Miru was still a child back when NMB was starting and management can't fully utilize/push her because of her age. She can't do gravure yet nor do evening shows and school (chuugakusei) in Japan is required by law so she needs to stay put in Osaka and go to school. But when she turned 15, she started doing gravure and caught a lot of attention. Then she went to Janken and faced Yuko. Since everyone's attention was at Yuko, people also noticed Miru too. I've read in the Miru thread in 2ch that most of the wotas there started when they saw Miru in the Janken or the famous gravure she did with Akarin.

Based from personal experience, Miru's handshake response also are very very good and I enjoy talking to her than with any other member I've handshake with. She doesn't fish like Milky does but she's not salty also. I get decent conversation with her every time. I guess these are also what fans feel when they go to Miru

7. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Well one really really young person (11 or 12 at the time) with a super push comes to mind and that's Jurina. Not saying Miru is Jurina, but they could have put Miru on a CD cover as the center or something. I mean they super pushed Jurina hardcore, so I wish they would have done some of the same things. But AKB48 post-Maeda was extremely awesome about spreading out the loving and exposure imho. HKT has picked up well with it too. But nmb is light years behind on this style.

8. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I think Jurina was special in the sense that her spirit didn't crumble even though she received a lot of hate because she was super gori push. Don't forget they did that to Jo but Jo got pressured and left NMB because she couldn't handle the pressure. I feel Miru would be the same since she doesn't have steel guts like Jurina does, she's a crybaby and she doesn't want anyone hating her. She's that kind of a girl.

I don't think management was even willing to push her if not for her popularity boom. She became popular and management just rode it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  9. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    NMB management has kind of shied away from "super pushes" since Jo Eriko blew up in their face. Not every girl is capable of withstanding that kind of pressure. Jo absolutely wasn't for example, and I seriously doubt if Mirurun would've been able to handle that from the get-go either. Even as an NMB fan for a few years now, I'm still take aback by just how much she's grown to put herself in the position she is. She's not the same girl to me that she was back in 2011 and you can't just put 2014 Miru into 2011 Miru.

(Edit: well, if I'm sharing a similar opinion with @wahoho, I'm glad I'm not too off base, haha)

10. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

I think management does a decent job of pushing Mirurun recently. She got Teppoutai center, one part of the double center in Saiminjitsu, was on that program where they drive around (forgot its name) with Nana and now on DX. Also a ton of photoshoots and CMs. She's gotten really confident in the last few months, too. I'm pleased with how things are going for Miru.

11. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I agree with having 1 oshimen
    but since we're not japanese, international fans can bend the rules a bit
    i think that's okay too :eek:

Btw. i only have 1 oshimen too, Paruru =D

12. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Well here is the sad thing about Miru. She is never in the news or the main part of anything, which really really sucks. Like for example, there might be a clip of Maachun doing some jokes (like at the recent akb concert etc) or doing an MC and at that moment, Maachun is kind of the center of attention at least for a bit or a few minutes. Even if its just like a part of akbingo where she is talking for a minute or two. Or Tashima Meru for example of centers tons of HKT songs, especially in PVs and concerts etc. So I always can get content every week on Meru, and sometimes Maachun where they have the spotlight, even if its just for a few minutes. Not to mention the Maachun channel we have!!!

But Miru, she just for whatever reason (personality reasons, or management not giving her opportunities, or directors of shows not giving her the spotlight) she isn't really kind of the center of the screen for more than just a few seconds for 1 joke or 1 liner for 1-5 seconds. So that's kind of lame. There is a lot of past content I know, where it has some short 30 second stuff of Miru or maybe some Osaka based show where maybe she is spotlighted for a minute or so. BUT in terms of current stuff, there isn't really much ongoing content with her in the middle. So this is a bit worrying about following Miru, is there isn't much new stuff or news about her or activity. (besides photoshoots!!!! that's the one thing she has had recently in terms of media that is normalized in terms of frequency sorta!)

13. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Watch the YNN Nandeyanen Camp or her solo excursion from the Album DVD or Manabu-kun. You get plenty of Miru action there.

Miru's kinda different though. She doesn't really say a lot of funny things, but she's good at background reactions so you can really catch her if you look. She's probably not skilled enough to do a lot of leading as far as tv shows go, but she's getting there and will probably get a lot more work when she's ready.

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Buy SekaiChu album type-M and watch Miru's one man travels.

15. rival

rival Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I actually think Mirurun has been getting a great push as of late. I agree with what the others here said; that in the beginning Mirurun just wasn't ready yet, not as a super center push like Jurina or Meru, but she's always been in senbatsu and certainly not a background member. She said herself that after ranking last year she wanted things to change, so she took charge of her own direction and changed her approach in handshakes, building a bigger following. I think switching her to M was a good management decision, because now she has someone to battle it out with directly. She has been getting way more jobs, even if its gravure shoots, it does catch people's attention. Let's not forget they even put her on the sousenkyo book cover thing!

Really, there's plenty to find of Miru if you want to see her. Even in past Naniwa episodes or Challenge48, especially when they have to do adrenaline-high stuff like bungee jump :lol: I think things are going in the right direction for Mirurun :chuffed:

16. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

yo link all these "miru" episodes on hellotorrent. (I tried to search YNN Nandeyanen Camp , her solo excursion from the Album DVD, and Manabu-kun, but couldn't find it on:

http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt

do you guys use this site? if not what do you guys use to watch miru?

17. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    Nandeyanen Camp is actually being uploaded rn, it's definitely on h!o because I'm grabbing it right now. Manabukun is definitely on h!o as well, but I'm pretty sure the uploader doesn't state who the participating members are so you'll have to search that by yourself I think.

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Kinda conflicted about the weird senbatsu but Mirurun got chosen for the new AKB single.

19. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I mentioned it before in half-joking, but I'm absolutely expecting there to be some "super special announcement" involving Miru and AKB concurrency at some point. :lol:

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Miru's also 2nd year HS now. Its gonna happen since she's so popular now. I hope they don't outright take her away like Maachun.