Single [SINGLE] Sashihara Rino Debut [Soredemo Suki da yo] 2012/5/2

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by non., Jan 8, 2012.

1. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Re: [SINGLE] Sashihara Rino Debut [Hashigo wo Hazusu na] 201

^Sure you wanna make that bet? :hehe:

My money's on Jurina. :awesome:

Congrats to Sasshi btw! I'm strangely excited about this, I think like Mayuyu's it won't be a permanent thing just for her drama but it'll be interesting to see what she does anyway.

2. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Good for Sasshi. I hope the next soloist is Miichan.
    One would argue that she already has solos, but Mayuyu is not only the WH frontgirl, but she has like 5 solos already.

3. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

^Miichan solo, you say? I like the way you think. :awesome:

4. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Congrats to Sasshi [party] Didn't expect this...

Surprised that she gets a solo release before Takamina.

5. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

Congrats Sasshi [party] . I'm really happy she got a solo song for herself. I look forward to hearing what kind of song it is and I wish her the best of luck with this.

This CD is most likely going to join my long list of new releases I need to get.

6. psycho013

psycho013 Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Sashihara Rino Debut [TBA] 2012/3

While I'm excited for this, and I thought her version of Dear J on AKB Kouhaku was inspired, it does seem odd. With this and Mayuyu's announcement, along with all Akimoto's talk about big changes in the face of stagnation, I worry that it's the sign of impending graduation.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sasshi, but I think even she knows that she's best as part of AKB48 and would have a hard time on her own. I think she even said as much at on a variety show last year, but I can't remember which one.

7. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ If anyone's going to graduate .. I doubt it will be Sashiko though. Plus, graduation is mainly based on the girls themselves. It's not like Aki-P is going to make her graduate. At least, that's what I learned last time from a discussion regarding graduation.

Anyways .. Dear J sure is amazing .. here we go again ..

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgV9wSPcZww[/yt]

Soo looking forward to her solo single .. In fact, I am more excited for this than all the other singles right now .. 0_____0 .. See? Aki-P probably already predicted how the fans are gonna react .. [hehe]

8. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

DearJ effect. I think Sahihara Rino is an entertainer type of singer who is fun to watch in a live concert rather than just hearing her music, she's got a magnetic charm.

9. oddball

oddball Member

^

I agree and definatly that needs to be put into the single, I don't mean like Dear J but something that is very tailored to Sasshi, serious wouldn't work, you need a fun, catchy, dare I see even slightly silly song for Sasshi, if the do this then we could be looking at a success!

Still got to be honest, never saw a Sasshi solo coming.......

10. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana

I actually look forward to this, because she has a decent singing voice.
    but wonder what kind of song she'll sing. probably not idol-y songs like Mayuyu but we'll see

11. psycho013

psycho013 Kenkyuusei

@yic17
    I don't want to start an argument here, but I'm not sure it's that simple.

I know that in Japanese companies, people are "allowed" to quit, and forced to transfer, etc. So the line gets fairly vague as to who's actually making the decisions. I think that idol groups are managed similarly. Back when Mee-tan had to sell a certain number of her debut single or be forced to graduate, I don't think they were messing around. Soon after, she was moved to SDN.

Speaking of which, do you think all the SDN girls got together and collectively decided they were done and didn't want to keep going? I think it's an unlikely scenario, and yet they're all graduating in a couple months.

12. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

haha, seriously?

seriously?

seriously?

13. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Tastes differ from person to person. What's decent to him may be sub-par to you.

Personally, I think Rino sings well enough to keep me entertained. :)

14. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

Heck I loved Sasshii's version of Dear J. I like that she didn't try to copy Tomochin(I think she went for a more Eririn style possiblyyyy :3) and was quite sasshii like.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

well, i think she's bad at dancing and singing and she's not really that cute
    (かわいいよ!)

[hehe] [clap]

but seriously...
    the only time i've seen her sing live is meccha holiday for the YJ7/YM7 and it wasn't really that great.
    her lyrics in the not yet songs seem weak.
    dear j was funny but musically i don't think it's really listenable, especially if you're not a fan of akb48.

i'm very skeptical about her solo debut but i would like to be proved wrong.
    but i do wish she had her own variety show again =)

16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't think she's a good singer at all, she's decent enough to sing in tune and not mess up too badly, but she's nowhere near good IMO. That doesn't matter in idol music, though, and I hope that they can get her a nice song that won't strain her too much.

I still think it's unfair (lol welcome to the idol world) that girls whose dream is to be singers like Takamina don't get a chance while Sasshi who was never really interested in that gets it. I know it's not her fault at all, but it annoys me, I can't help it.

I hope they go the comedic route with her, that way she would be able to keep her entertaining TV personality intact

17. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Sasshi's singing is acceptable.
    I thought her version of "Dear J" was better than Tomomi's :hehe:

Congratulations to Sasshi [clap]
    Hope she and her single does well.

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

But is "acceptable" really good enough for a solo debut? Especially when there are a few girls in AKB who really are great singers who are also aiming to be soloists?

I actually feel bad for Sasshi, as sensitive as she is. You know she is going to catch a little flak on this. I'm sure she will take it way too hard.

And I heard a few people say something about a "novelty single" Since this is going to be a theme song for a drama (right?) I doubt it. But if Sasshi is going to have a single, I agree a novelty type song would be what I would want to hear/see.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

the music world is okay with acceptable. there are plenty of popular musics with questionable vocal talent.

with that said, you can't be a soloist through great vocal talent alone. just listen to all those acapella artists in the US!
    i think that's why itano was the first solo artist (disregarding meetan), because she has that individual diva quality despite her voice not being that great (never mind the auto tune).

she'll be fine because she has the akb empire behind her and all it's producers, PR people, etc.

even if she fails she has tons of fans who will tell her it's okay and that they'll continue to support her.

20. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ I agree. In pop music world (especially the idol music and anime music), there are a bunch of popular or semi-popular singers with not-so-great vocals. Many of them sound "good" on CD but sound "horrible" live. Yes, much more horrible than Sashihara. So I think she will do just fine - vocal-wise that is.

EDIT: If Miley Cyrus can release albums .. I don't see why anyone else can't .. :fear: