Single SKE48 17th (Coquettish Juutai Chuu) 15/03/31

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Having Nana center the single AND include Yukirin is kind of gimmicky too, just saying.

2. lordnoobs

lordnoobs Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Ehhh the 48 groups does a ton of things that can be seen as gimmicky. Handshake tickets, election tickets twoshot tickets request hour votes the list is pretty long and it's not like every other artist or group in the industry doesn't do it either...

3. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i doubt the GP even care about gimmicks, all they know, is oh, look, the numbers for SKE are bigger than NMB -> SKE is doing better, no one cares or have the time to research about music cars, HS, soundscans, etc

the DVD of Lim editions for NMB single is pretty gimmicky, they have 2 sets of singles, concert set and PVs set, since NMB doesn't release DVDs they include it in singles/albums

SKE dvds are the same between regular & limited since SKE releases all their DVDs/BRs

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Correct it for you!

5. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Sae is pretty much an SKE member though.

Until the recent shuffle I had all but forgotten Yukirin was part of NMB.

And I see nothing gimmicky about the usual centers centering.

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    How can having WMatsui as centers be seen as a gimmick when its pretty much the norm for SKE? Putting someone new as center that will generate some buzz IS a gimmick. Not necessarily a bad one but still a gimmick.

7. trxsh

trxsh Member

It's not as if people were in here defending and supporting the music cards and boasting about the sales in the first place so I'm not sure I understand the need to point out that what was done was gimmicky. We know.
    I'm curious to see when the soundscan numbers come out because I'd like a better idea of how the single is actually received because in my opinion the title song is really, really good.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  8. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

NMB's soundscan numbers will likely be better, considering all of the extra content

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Let those without sin cast the first stone.

People need to freakin' relax and just enjoy that both NMB and SKE put out very nice singles. Even if SKE ultimately "outsells" NMB this week, I don't think many fans will really see that as SKE somehow in better shape or more popular than NMB. At the same time any fan accusing the one group over the other of underhanded tactics is quite the hypocrite. Every group associated with the 48 empire is guilty of padding the numbers with gimmicks. Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And with that I have reached my idiom quota for the day, kthxbai

10. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Forgetting the 17hours long niconico stream, forgetting free live in Oasis21, forgetting they actually shot the MV with people of Nagoya to make them feel more included/connected to the group, forgetting the good fortune trip to Hazumisaki, forgetting Yokohama special release event with 10k+ fans.

:whistle:

Music cards did weight, but I've seen number of reports on twitter of shops out of stock of regular and limited editions of Coquesshi. So no, the group didn't steal the victory. NMB prefered to bet on a large number of post release events and it didn't pay like they hope, that's all.

And SKE are using their music cards anyway...

11. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Both group have extra effort in promoting event though. But the 'music card' thing still bother me. That's it. Let's just wait for the soundscan/itunes please if anyone have the result.

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah definitely. I don't understand it at all.

Music cards essentially are like photocards that also allow you to leave your CDs blemishless. They're quite useful, especially if you don't want to rip songs from your CDs (and damage them in the process, because ripping is actually not something they were meant to do).

This is a case of gimmick versus gimmick. Who cares? We got two great singles as a result of this so-called "battle".

13. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well for what it's worth, I didn't mean for comparison purposes.
    I just was curious what the numbers would look like knowing the number of theatre editions and then minusing a fraction of it, if not half, because iirc not all the theatre editions had the music cards but I could be wrong.

14. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The discussion is actually to know how the group is developed, right? To know which group have more fans. I know gimmick is unhinderable but at least, since this is so called 'battle'.. I want to know the fairest result out there.

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Then just adjust the results?

Take the amount sold thus far, divide it in half for SKE (assuming all theater sales) and adjust NMB's results for their 2shot event days. Not really that hard.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It is virtually impossible anyway. If you want a true estimate of popularity then there must be a completely even playing field. That means everything must be the same. The same amount of different versions, same amount of tracks, equivalent DVD content, similar bonuses, the same amount and type of promotional events. And even then it is tough to measure since you have fans who will power buy the product.

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Everyone is aware of that, maybe you haven't noticed but there hasn't been a single fan celebrating that SKE has beaten NMB in this competition or that this is their highest charting single, instead we're just talking about how we like the single or which b-side is the best or even if this high chart will get the girls more work and momentum for the future, but if you're still feeling like a "loser" NMB fan. Than by all means keep venting out like everybody is celebrating like this is SKE's best achievement, i'm mean it'll be redundant, but if you can't do something else than go ahead.

18. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    AKB is the biggest business in entertainment industry... IMO tho.

19. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

@Lukcy86 I think you should decide who "won" by whichever song you like better.

For me, SKE "wins" this time...

20. Lukcy86

Lukcy86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Well, good if no/less ske fan celebrating this 'win by number'. I will too.