So I need help picking a talent show song!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MocchiMooch, Jan 25, 2015.

?

Which song should I perform?

1. Mushi no Ballad

81.8%
  2. Futari Dake no Kioku

18.2%
  1. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It's going to be a weeaboo stampede, and the professors will be here. It's the Japanese-Chinese Talent Show, to commemorate the joining of the two colleges. I'm currently a senior at University, and my research mentor for my senior thesis is going to be there... so I CAN'T mess this up. Lol.

From the research of done, most of the people performing are doing anime songs or ballads. My coworker and I are already doing Sakura no Hanabiratachi together, since we're both graduating in May.. but I'm allowed to do a solo too, so I really want to. I'm torn.. After picking 24 songs, then whittling them down to 12, and then 6, I'm left with two choices...

Akimoto Sayaka (Team K) - Mushi no Ballad
    or
    Takajo Aki (Team B) - Futari Dake no Kioku

Mushi no Ballad would certainly set me apart since it's so dramatic. I just worry about making an impression.

But Futari Dake no Kioku's lyrics are gorgeous and the song is really bright and catchy.

So I really can't decide! Y'all can help me out :)

2. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love Mushi so :3 one vote for Mushi

3. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I suggest choosing the one you think will compliment your voice the most! If you're already thinking "I really hope Song X will win the poll..." then that is definitely the song you should go with

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The choices are indeed very different... I like Mushi no ballad, but it really takes a powerful voice to sing it or the song will lose a lot of its strength. Futari dake no kioku, on the other hand, seems easier to sing and sounds like the typical anime ending... Since you're already singing Sakura no Hanabiratachi I guess the moving part is fulfilled, so I'd choose Futari... However, I agree with megawotaku, if you're more fond of one of the songs, that should be the chosen one...

5. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I voted for Mushi