Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As a wiki editor, I don't mind if people use the discord or PM to request changes. Before I got access to editing the wiki, I used to make posts in that Wiki thread all the time, and it didn't get picked up for months sometimes, and also tbh Discord is more accessible than the forum simply because there is a featured app, and it's less strict in terms of posting rules, so I get why people might prefer other modes of communication. (I know tapatalk exists but it's not a stage48 app explicitly and doesn't offer all the same options.)

Maybe Discord can get a little bit messy, but DMs should be fine. You've also sent me DMs with requests for the wiki yourself, such as about adding stuff to Kojimako's and Paruru's wiki, so it'd be nice if you extended this courtesy to the forum as well and accepted DMs when it comes to mod/forum stuff too.

When we add stuff into threads like this one instead of DMs, other editors/mods will be able to pick it up and it's not left to just the one person who's received the DM, but by being an editor or a mod, we have also accepted a certain amount of responsibility to help people :flower:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

- Sugai Yuuka's profile is gone from Saku's website, please move her thread & gallery to the graduated section.

- And, since it wasn't changed last time: Please change Yoda Yuki's threat title to ''Yoda Yuuki" ! (double U)

- Also, I took the time to dig through the BNK48 section, and there are dozens of threads and galleries that need to be moved to the graduated thread (32 members):
    - Also BNK48:
    Niky + Ratah - they're not Trainees anymore. Please delete that from their thread titles.
    Miori Ohkubo (Miori/miiko) - please change her nickname to (Miori) only.
    Earn + Nene - they're still Trainees. Please add that to their thread titles. (website says so)

--------------------

- I also created 25 missing member threads:
    Fame, Hoop, Monet, Peak, Earth, Eve, Kaofrang, Paeyah, Pampam, Pancake, Yoghurt, Berry (T), Emmy (T), Grace (T), Janry (T), Jaokhem (T), L (T), Marine (T), Mean (T), Micha (T), Palmmy (T), Patt (T), Pim (T), Sindy (T) & Wawa (T)
    (If there's any mistake, let me know.)
    Little add.: Earn, Grace & Mean are listed as Trainees on BNK48's official website. I don't know why they're listed as promoted members in the S48-Wiki (Did BNK miss to update it or have they been demoted?)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One problem with the wiki is that no one has created a history page for BNK48, although there are histories for the Teams (and the Team BIII history shows the promotions on June 2). It seems that sometimes BNK announcements can be found on their Facebook page, for example the announcement of auditions on June 2. 2022, the supposed date of the promotions, but they didn't post the promotions.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 4.07.51 PM.jpg

The other possibility is that the promotions were announced at the "We Talk to You" on June 2.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 4.11.51 PM.jpg

There is a video of that event, but I can't tell you the content.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Added: one other possibility: the promotions were announced months before with an effective date of June 2.

Separate question (for anyone): you and S48 use Nam-Neung, but the wiki uses Namneung. Here is a video from 2017 posted by จ่ากบ ไอดอลไทย

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 5.41.27 PM.jpg

The wiki changed the nickname on 29 May 2019. but there is no source listed.
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 5.53.38 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I also looked it up and it seems they were promoted at the We Talk To You event @sscrla mentions above. Here is also a facebook post from the official BNK48 website listing those 3 members in the Team BIII section

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=582352713249379&set=a.331457648338888

The facebook post is titled "summary of names and teams of BNK48 members"

It wasn't me who made the change, but I would assume the source was the official BNK48 website. Here's an archived version where you can still see her listed (without hyphen)

https://web.archive.org/web/20221110072403/https://www.bnk48.com/index.php?page=members (All members)
    https://web.archive.org/web/2022111...48.com/index.php?page=listMembers&memberId=12 (Namneung's page)

P.S.: Threads are created when individual people feel the need to create them because they want to talk about a topic/member. It's great that you added them all, but it's not something the mods will do when new members join the group, and rather that happens naturally over time when people wanna discuss the new members. Unfortunately, the int'l groups don't have as many fans as the Japanese members, so they tend to not get created a lot.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. FlowingColors

When you (the mod) are done with it , please change Okabe Rin's nickname to "Berin" in her thread title. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FlowingColors

^ For the mod/s who took care of this, some things were forgotten(?):
    - Sugai Yuuka's profile is gone from Saku's website, please move her thread & gallery to the graduated section.
    - And, since it wasn't changed last time: Please change Yoda Yuki's threat title to ''Yoda Yuuki" ! (double U)
    - Nene (BNK48) is still a Trainee (Website link), please change her thread title to "Thanida Akarawuthi (Nene) - Trainee"
    - And please don't forget @Mana 's and my request above this post.

I just checked BNK's website, and it was changed since I made that post! They really took their time.^^

Ofc it's not a mods job to create new member threads, unless he/her as a fan him-/herself cares about it. I just added that information, so everybody knows they do exist. (And honestly, it just feels incomplete to me if a groups thread misses some members:^^;:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  9. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

regarding the 17th generation thread
    does it still belong under 'news and releases'? it seems to be more of a catch-all/general for 17 stuff, but no one uses "the research student thread" anymore either, (nor is it specific to their gen), and i know their popularity was probably unexpected, but they have a rather busy thread on this forum and if you don't know where to find it it's not in the most obvious place to look. (i had no idea where it was until i couldn't find it on a different device where i was not logged in).
    i dunno, just feels like the thread is rather tucked away and at this point i think they deserve some more prominent placement. maybe as a sub-thread of akb itself or the kks page?

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I think the thread being in the AKB section is one of the reason why it's getting attention, probably the reason why people don't use the Research Student thread is that it's in the KKS section that not many people visit (and it's not about a specific generation but about all KKS, so when 18th gen will be introduced, it will be all mixed, and I feel like threads about specific generations work better). The 17th gen thread is one of the best threads on the forum imo, thanks to all the updates of @donjonnie and other people participating in discussions.

I feel like things are fine the way they are right now, maybe the thread could get pinned but do people pay attention to pinned threads more? (a lot of the pinned threads are inactive for years...). I think the thread should either stay in News & Releases or in General Discussions. Eventually there will be a day where 17th gens get promoted to teams (probably not at once and some of them will remain KKS longer) but the people who are 17th gen fans can continue updating and discussing about all 10 of them in that thread in the future, so being in those general sections seem the best place imo ;D

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. FlowingColors

Would one of the mods please explain to me -even though we provided proof- why neither Okabe Rins, nor Otake Hitomis nicknames have been changed? Same for Yoda Yuuki and the missing "u"? It's starting to annoy me a bit that it doesn't get changed and there's no explanation why..

12. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Okabe Rin nicknames already right, no need to change...
    Berin just nickname from -you know who

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    On her profile page on the official AKB48 website her nickname appears as 'Berin':
    https://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail?mid=175

On her profile page on the official Team 8 website it appears as 'Rinrin':
    https://www.akb48team8.jp/member/okabe_rin.php

Her Japanese Wikipedia page uses both:
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/岡部麟

So... who knows? :confused: It's very unclear.

14. FlowingColors

@David61
    IMO it's not! Her Hori Pro profile says "Berin". Her Twitter @ is "berin_official", heck even her Instagram name is "beristagram_1107"
    Why should she use two different nicknames? Btw, if you look at the picture on the T8 website, they haven't updated her for some time probably.
    Team 8 gonna be disbanded put on hiatus in a few months anyway.

But still, that doesn't explain why Otakes and Yodas thread titles haven't been updated!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here is my answer to some of your questions: Stage48 is one website, and Wiki48 is another.

Stage48 has 1138 pages on Paruru, the Wiki only one. Stage should not be limited to one page just because the Wiki is, and the Wiki doesn't need to have 1138 pages on Paruru.

Now let's look at your featured member.
    Here are three URLs, one from Stage and two from the Wiki
    /index.php/Yoda_Yuuki
    threads/yoda-yuki-yodachan-3rd-gen.16405/
    /index.php/Yoda_Yuki

The page titles of the corresponding pages are
    Yoda Yuuki
    Yoda Yuki (Yodachan) / 3rd Gen
    Yoda Yuuki
    (Redirected from Yoda Yuki)

Which you prefer depends on how much effort you want to make in order to find her nickname and generation. I prefer the version with the information up front so I don't have to search down to the bottom of the info box, but you might like the unadorned name with no added info in the title.

I think the old expression is different strokes for different folks.
    "Proverbial saying, late 20th century, meaning that different ways of doing something are appropriate for different people (the saying is of US origin, and strokes here means, ‘comforting gestures of approval’). In 1974 an advertisement for Volkswagen parodied this saying with the words, ‘Different Volks for different folks.’"

16. FlowingColors

Honestly, I'm confused what exactly you want to tell me..
    I'm talking about this forum and the members respective threads. The threads names/titles, to be exact. And to me, if multiple official profiles and/or the member herself states something -in this case the nicknames of Okabe and Otake- than it is out of discussion for if it should get changed or not. How long will it take a mod to click on the members thread and edit the title? E.g. from "Okabe Rin (Rinrin)" to "Okabe Rin (Berin)", 10, maybe 20 seconds if you misstyped?
    I'm not talking about the Wiki where the editors, I guess, have to change it on multiple pages..
    Edit: And regarding Yoda, her official Nogi profile and her Instagram (and the S48-Wiki as well) say "Yuuki", so why not her thread name ("Yoda Yuki (Yodachan) / 3rd Gen")? If profile and Instagram would be spelled different, I could understand that decision! But it's not the case.
    This is a 48(/Sakamichi) dedicated forum, and I think things like names, etc.. should therefore be kept up to date.
    It's sounds like "we simply don't want to change it".

• Like Like x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Paruru has one wiki page, and she has one forum thread. The additional pages are still contained within one and the same thread, which is called "Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation".

Yoda Yuuki also only has one thread and it is currently titled "Yoda Yuki (Yodachan) / 3rd Generation". The request is to change this title on the forum thread from 'Yuki' to 'Yuuki' so that it matches with her official romanisation.

And I think the same goes for Berin's and Chake's nicknames, it's just a matter of changing the titles, is it not? Or do you need to change the URL/title for every single page in a thread?

I don't understand how your post answers the question :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

It takes two seconds to change a title on the forum, I'm the creator of some threads and I already changed titles before so yes... and it's been almost a month since I took time to check all the current nicknames of SKE members and even asked SKE fans on which one is the most used etc. to post a list here and make it easier so the mod only needs to take 3 minutes to make all the changes but it's still not done either...

Also, I really didn't understand what you were trying to say in that post @sscrla... I think you probably took more time writing that one post than you would need to edit all of the titles. I don't think there's anything much to discuss about this... Their names are spelled like that, their nicknames are like this on their profiles, let's just update it. it takes much longer to make edits on wiki48 with lots of pages to change sometimes, and we still do it. The edits on the forums only take some seconds and we already checked the informations before asking to edit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FlowingColors

I feel like at this point it's easier&quicker to apply for the position of a moderater and -aside from the other important duties- get things like this done myself.

- I fully understand that you all have a life outside of this forum/the idol world (we all do, I hope), plus you are doing this unpaid. But, if I am in such a position, then I should handle all related tasks carefully and completely. To start working on a request only to finish it incomplete, and not give the user any information as to why I think is not going to work. An impudence, to be honest! -

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FlowingColors

Here I go again.......
    To the dear mod who actually took on the requests<3, would you be so kind and change Okabe Rin's nickname (Rinrin) to (Berin)? :cute:
    I mean, Nagano Serikas was changed from SERIKA to (only) Serichan as well, not a double, even though her AKB48 and Team 8 profile say two different names.

• Agree Agree x 1