Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    No seitansai, No concert, no new haircut ^^

Maybe we can wait for the new last local show that will air in Kyushu, i don't know.

it's been a while since i watched a team H stage though.

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    How about Kinjirareta Futari - Meru & Piichan version...

:chuffed:

3. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

meru was on odekake recently with her hair in a love-tan style bun uptop, but I wasn't into it too much. I really like her original hairdo that she had when she first joined HKT, but for some reason they keep trying new things with meru's hair, dunno why. they need to take it back to her original style from when she was a KKS.

4. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    me too! All time favourite, her haircut during her seitansai.

5. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

6. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Somwhow, as was mentioned in Mio's thread, all the 1st row expect Meru is Kennin in AKB. Sakura in Team A, Haruppi in Team K, Mio is Team B.
    So, well, Meru - Being a center [like Sayanee & Jurina], even I REALLY don't like all this Kennin staff, may have a Kennin in Team 4?
    Somehow, her Cute image is similar to Team 4's image, and... I don't really know, maybe this Kennin will be as good as the only Kennin I really like, Aanya's Kennin.

Just found out It's a little oshied from my side.
    Anyway, Meru posts a super cute photo ♥
    [​IMG]

7. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    very hard to say that Meru is not getting "as much push" as the other kennin since she basically got the biggest push since hatsukoi butterfly, melon juice and Sakura minna de tabeta.

Having the front row being Kennin was to make way for meru in HKT48. She is still center of team H.

That's a little bit complicated since she didn't have a good result in Sousenkyo. It's a good timing to make some change in center. I hope meru won't see that as a failure of her, she did extremely well with the opportunities given. It's just the fanbase not following, or not finding specific character in Meru that make her stand out compared to Sakura, Haruppi or Mio.

8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    she is fading because hkt isnt release new and consistent single, therefore, eventhough she is center, she is only get promotion when hkt is promoting. therefore, lack of hkt means lack of her too while the other three got some news and adevertisement for being kennin.
    i wonder if management is intentionally reducing her push for a while
    for longer period, i dont think she can sustain her fanbase. might be paruru version2. make a comeback after 2years.lol

*anyway, because of her sudden stop promotion i start to warm up with her. no more hate towards her right now, more like i feel bad and pity for her*

9. SakuWan

SakuWan Kenkyuusei

She is not though...
    Sakura only get that extra push with Kennin like less than a month before Sousenkyo (so her result has nothing to do with kennin that she only appeared 3times be4 SSK), but she still having a huge jump from 26 to 11. In 2013, when a huge hype with Meru, then both MeruMio Wcenter after that and part of Tentoumu and having show and Haruppi start her kennin (she was also ori center and Team H center), Sakura still able to rank in 26 without any of those in 2013. During their early days, Sakura was in second row be4 moving up to front row with Haruppi in Team H.
    For 3 Sousenkyo straight, what she get was not as half of what Meru get, but she still able to strive to the top and currently get the spotlight and opportunities that she working for<3

If Sakura can do it, Meru can and obviously she in a way way way much better position than Sakura be4. Meru is still center for their 2 singles per year/ Team H center/ Tentoumu activities/show. Honestly, she has hand given for awhile now (plus, the other just barely active as kennin for like 2 months now...), I would like to see her using this time to proving herself that she can gain more popularity instead of keep expecting the management to get her there :oops: Thats why, Sakura make me proud as a fan [hehe] and maybe the reason why I'm not exactly feeling the same as you (pitying her) since my oshi got much worst b4. What Sakura get more now, it is all becuz of herself.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  10. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Well thank you for your proud tribute to your oshimen. Lol i love her too. Somehow it feels more like a rub in the face than the honest "you can do it" feeling your portraying, however I can just be taking it the wrong way. @Amberlicious

I too am proud of Sakura - blossom, however this isn't the beauties thread to boast about her achievements. Lol thanks though.

Btw Sakura has had a push since way back no not as big as Meru or Mio or Haruppi but she has had a good push.

Meru I must say has no character. I love my oshimen but she is so dull sometimes. She has her moments but there are times where she fades. It's almost like if you don't give it to her she doesn't know how to find her spotlight. If you give her a challenge she will own it but it's almost like if you say nothing and expect her to improvise or come up with something she just fades. I used to think it's because she is young but now I feel something is bothering her. She doesn't hide emotions well from what I see but I wouldn't know what she feels because I can't read her G+. If if nothing is bothering her, then yhat is her must improve area, character.

Other than that I feel Meru began her career with a handicap whether we believe it or not she did which also work against her push. She had monumental Antis from all over to work against her monumental push. She had those who hated the fact she was branded "The coming of the 2nd Jurina" those who didn't like Jurina or her "out of no where favored by management push" (as some said lol) Meru received some dislike for that. When she replaced Haruppi (management choice not hers) she received a huge amount of hate for that from Haruppi fans and non fans alike. 1st gen HKT48 Antis disliked her. Morning musume fans dislike her (there were some who claimed she left 10th gen auditions to join HKT48 auditions so some slack was given here with this statement), and then there was the regular Antis you know the way the girl looks, acts, speaks the Normal stuff lol. My point is she did have a push a huge one I agree but she also had very strong Antis which worked well against her push.

However that isn't the only reason I feel she isn't as popular. I also stated she has no character. And she fades if not in the center. Lol

Sorry it's so long and hopefully you guys understand what I wrote.

11. Mimi-chan

Mimi-chan Kenkyuusei

actually it's true, meru lack character
    while sakura, haruppi, mio character is strong
    she is jumping all around place
    and she is not kenkyuusei anymore (we can't use the kenkyuusei center tittle)
    and management lately push nakomiku everywhere

but yeah, she is still young, i hope management don't give up oh her...

12. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    if mngment does give up on her..that will be the biggest history in hkt48, even in history of 48g.

13. lusm11

lusm11 Kenkyuusei

I dont think management will give up on her since she is the center of the whole group and team.

14. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I am a Haruppi fan and at first I didn't like Meru, I felt it was unfair when Haruppi got pushed away from center for Meru. But at the same time I didn't blame Meru for it, I just couldn't see what was so special about her (but then for me it's the same with Jurina). Now Meru has somewhat grown on me (I like her way better than Mio for example) but I agree she seems to be fading...

I think Hkt really needs more singles, Meru needs it more than anyone else in Hkt but all of them needs and deserve more singles!

15. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I think Meru needs now to focus on shows to show us her personality.
    Somehow I always get the feeling she is "Perfect Like" - She is Center, she knows how to talk, she is cute, she isn't failing and so on, she is very Idolish and so on. No personality... but I still love her very much.
    And I totally agree with @jovviny . HKT are in their 2nd year and they released only 1 single (this year). NMB had debuted on 2011 and released 4 singles in 2012, and their debut was on july...
    Anyway I wish Meru will be the center for the next single too.

16. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I think Meru reminds me of Mayuyu a lot. They know how to act like an idol and be a dork on MCs and behind the stage.

17. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I can agree with @Yuki88 but I think Mayuyu shows more personality, of just something like that.
    She has her "Cybord Idol" character' abe Meruru doesn't have any...

18. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Don't forget Meru is only 14 lol and she's currently going through kusogaki period (oh teens). To say she has no character is kind of harsh even if I do understand where that conclusion comes from haha. At least, she's not Merusaurus without no reason :awesome:

19. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Mayuyu was 14 too lol
    But Meru is really perfect-like, she isn't ponkotsu or something, she is good vocal and dancer, she has bright personality and she is cute.

20. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Exactly, she can dance very very well, and sing ok. She is only still a little kid at 14 years old. She has been center of like every HKT48 single almost haha. So I don't think she will get abandoned by management, especially since all the other members went away on transfers for a bit. She will get her turn at transfer. I don't think she is shy so its fine. She has 6-10 more years to climb the ranks of akb's general election so its more than ok. She is halfway there already.

EDIT: I've just heard Kokoro no Placard, and man is Akimoto slipping. Wow, this and Labrador retriever were real stinkers. Fortune Cookie was great, but these last ones have been not been good. Lets hope he gets some better songs for Mayuyu, cuz the recent ones have suxxored. I know this it the Meru chat, but I had to vent somewhere hahahah. At the music awards, I don't think they have anything good this year do they that wuld be in the running for best song? It would have to be one of the nmb or ske songs I guess.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014