Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. rockyrex31

rockyrex31 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    hakatayossha
    Nako, Meru & Mirun

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Nako almost the height of meru? She has grown up so much!!

3. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Lol, at 4:00 when all the comments say "OOOOOOOOOoooo!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

4. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Lol I was just reading about that "choto matte oniisan" tsukkomi not too long ago and here they are doing it. :lol:

Btw Meru fans, who's planning on watching the election live? I liked what we did for the 2013 election and had our own chatroom. Would you guys like to do something like that again this year? @TakayaAbe @MeruShige @gocchisama @Time007 @TsukiNyanNyan @anyone else interested

5. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i will be on stage48 chat as usual, even though i won't be able to read a single thing as it is too fast to keep up ^^

6. Mayoi

I would like that! :^O^: A chat room of Meru fans!! Yay! Also, I live in the U.S. so I don't have access to it on television, and I'm not sure it will be available online, but it'd be nice to get some live updates from people who are watching it.

7. soupmarine

soupmarine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    SoupMarine
    Can't wait to see her victory pose in the stage ( i forget what it called) :^^;:

8. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I am in @SugarYumYum I can't wait! I hope Meru, places high Undergirls and out ranks everyone too. Especially her bestfriend and nemesis Mio

9. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    mio is not her nemesis. (-_-)

10. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @gocchisama relax its a more dramatic word for rival. I clearly said they are bestfriends. Nothing wrong with a little dramatic fun in my oshi thread. -_-

11. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    [​IMG]

Nice picture from G+ as well.

i don't see rivalities between Meru and Mio either. At times where they both aren't HKT center anymore, i would say they show more of a supportive side rather than rivality.

12. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    The real rivals are Sakuppi and NakoMiku.

13. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I have a hard time seeing Meru and Mio as rivals too. Any "competitiveness" between them seems to come from the fandom side rather than the girls. Realistically they WILL have to surpass each other to advance because that's the name of the game but I never got the sense that they were purposely trying not to lose to each other or were frustrated when one outranked the other. When they were pushed together there was a very supportive relationship between them and even apart that seems to still be the case. That said, I would really like Meru to be the highest ranking Tentoumu Chu member because I feel like that would be the perfect way to send her message about the kennin snub.
    Oh YASSSSSSS god I love her smile. <3 I hope she smiles like that Saturday (come on wota, we're counting on you).

@TakayaAbe The election is usually streamed so you'll be able to watch it live. Just go to the sousenkyo thread on the night of and there'll likely be a bunch of links posted. However, since we are in the US it's going to be sometime in the morning when it's on. About 4am for me since I'm on the East coast.

Since we have a few people interested, I'll make the chatroom and just post it here for everyone on the night of so they can choose whether they join or not. Do you think I should make it password protected? There doesn't seem to be any trolls here to worry about but you never know.

14. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    It would be a fkn blooter if the only tentomu chu without kennin ranks over all of them

15. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I really hope she rankas high! She deserves to! I wonder if the kennin snub helped her in this regard? I know I felt so bad for her that I have her some votes this year that I wasn't planning to. This year I had decided to go all in for Haruppi, but I just felt I had to support some of my other favorite girls to (Meru, Anya and Boss) a little bit too...

16. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

I don't think this will be Meru's big year. She won't get a sexy bump as she hasn't hit that age yet. I think she will keep pace with all the other girls except Haruppi and Sakura. Lets hope she can do well though and get into under girls.

17. Mayoi

@SugarYumYum Oh, awesome. Thanks for the info! I looked it up and Saturday 6:30pm Japan time = Saturday 3:30 am my time (MST). I am not familiar with the chatrooms you're planning on using, so I don't know if it needs password protection, but I don't mind it. :)

@LoLysu @MeruShige LOL, I'm not the only one!! :^^;: I always feel embarrassed when I see Mio outrank Meru so much because they were both center and yet Mio ranks so much higher. I just feel sorry for her and imagine she is kind of embarrassed about it. :( So I definitely feel the rivalry (between fandoms? or just some of us meru fans?) and feel like if Meru got right up there with Mio, it'd be so AWESOME!!! (even if Mio is ranked 1 higher, or Meru is just 1 higher). Nothing against Mio! ;)
    - I also forgot the fact that Mio is kennin and Meru isn't, so I guess that makes it more understandable if Mio outranks her from now on, but still, I want to avenge the past... lol!

@soupmarine me too! :D lol! :1st:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  18. Rika

Rika Kenkyuusei

Yes!! My HKT Oshi! I will support her all the way! I seriously don't have any kind of cash to vote for her but it won't be like that forever! I will definitely vote for her in the future!
    [Also notices that she got more than Mio this time! Competition is strong!!]
    Her serious face really does make it look like it's worth voting for. It really makes me want to vote for her. Determination. I like that.
    The outfit really fits her too. Red <3 really does fit her. I always thought yellow was her color [Team 4] but that proved me wrong. She is rocking that red!
    GO MERU!!:1st:

19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm not sure how much the kennin snub helped her get more outside support but it did seem to fire up her fanbase.

I don't think this is a breakthrough year either but then I also don't think Meru is anywhere near her peak yet. She's 15 and girls seem to hit their "idol prime" around 17/18 so there's plenty of time for that. The theme of this year is revenge so I'm more concerned about accomplishing that than anything.

20. Mayoi

@SugarYumYum Now that I think about it, the kennin snub, even though it's a bad thing on the outside, maybe the management did it to earn sympathy for Meru? I know a lot of the fans get resentful when a pushed member gets "shoved in their faces," and for Meru, (even though I consider her to be like, an idol prodigy :hehe:) I think a lot of people resented that she was just given center immediately, without appearing to rightfully earn it on her own. Maybe, this is the way of management trying to backpedal, and undo their mistake, by helping people to get over their resentment, by making Meru appear to have no management favoritism anymore. Then, Meru can climb the ranks via sousenkyo and appear deserving of any future spotlight. And in a very indirect way, earn more fans and thus more money. Or, because she is (? maybe ?) one of AkiP's favorites (?) so he wants her to be (one of) the best? :^O^:

Or, it's a way to fire up the fans to vote, bringing in more money.

Or both? ;)