Stage Team K's 6th Stage [RESET] (2010/03/12)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Naomi, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: [STAGE] Team K's 6th Stage [Untitled] (02/28?)

I think the girls will probably be fine. Nearly all the stages from today are kenkyuusei or SDN48, so they're probably devoting a lot of time to the rehearsals.

I really want to do the whole "don't read about the stage until you see it" thing but now since no-one seems to upload LODs to the depot anymore it'll take me ages to download it :\

2. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

I can't imagine any of the ~choreography~ is that hard that they can't pull it off in a week lol.
    I'm sure they'll be fine opening night :).

3. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Can you use H!O? I'm hoping someone'll upload it there.

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

^ Guhhh... I hope so too, man. ;_;

There's been so many LODs up lately that I would be really surprised if something this important was overlooked. x^x

5. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    Quoting this from Team K 5th Stage thread for those that didn't notice it there.

6. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ I think Jasey was talking about someone uploading K6 when it comes out, not the last K5 show. ^^;

7. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Stage delayed until 3/12...I thought we had less than a week less to wait D:

They did announce the title though, "RESET".

8. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Re: [STAGE] Team K's 6th Stage [RESET] (03/12)

A fitting title, I suppose :)

At least they gave the girls more time to prepare.

9. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

If the title song is not fierce as fuck I will be very disappointed. :l

Also yes.
    Extremely fitting. :O
    I don't really want all of the stages to be similar but it'd be nice if the titles all had the same kind of theme? maybe?

Idk where Im going with this.

Edit: all I saw was the title because OMG IT'S SOMETHING

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF DELAY
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Kind of to be expected though considering they JUST STARTED REHEARSALS like everybody was discussing earlier. Makes sense now. [wonder]

10. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

LOL, I totally thought of the Super Junior song when I saw the Stage title, hehe.

But yeah, I'm really curious how the Stage will turn out. The later start date does give the girls more time to practice, but still coordinating everyone with the hectic schedule of some of the "top tier" girls.

Seriously, I'd be blown away if there's a strong, mature sound to the K6 - maybe along the lines of R&B or whatever. B-)

11. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei

Wow interesting choice of tittle =D But *sigh* well.... least it's just less than a month away right? I'm extreamely excited to see the new Team K perform together (especially Miichan XP)

12. plath

plath Kenkyuusei

Even though I'm really anxious to see the new stage, I'm glad they pushed it back a little bit to give the girls some more time. A week is just not enough, I think.

Also, I love the title.

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Where did then end up announcing this? I was definitely expecting them to say something about it at the final show. I'll start with the bad.

Boo. Why is it we always have delays?

The good thing is the title: 'RESET'. Why?
    A) English. That means it should be more modern.
    B) All caps. We're going the RIVER/Johnny's Entertainment route.
    C) Name. It's all too fitting. I'm hoping for the title for A6 to be something that includes either the words 'PARTY' or 'Hajimaru' just to echo their first Stage.

This is making me more and more excited about what Akimoto said a while ago. He said that he was venturing into a different sound and less '80s' than AKB48's current discography. While I love any and all idol music (most of which have at least a bit of an 80s sound), I think Akimoto wants to try to go more mainstream with AKB. This means less guitars, more synthesizers, less harmonizing and more vocoding, less predictable formulas and more elements within the song. Since I love what AKB is currently putting out, I just hope that he doesn't completely topple their current style. I'm fine with how much RIVER departed from their sound, so let's keep it about there.

Also, I'm wondering if Stages' formats will be different from now on. Most of the Stages have been fairly similar in song distribution, but maybe he'll switch-up how a Stage is performed. I just hope he remembers to keep the girls' positions as idols and doesn't try to push a more artist-y approach.

The other Teams should be starting and ending soon, too. I'd imagine they'd want all of the new Stages to start before Yokohama. (I'm guessing they'll feature songs from the original Teams and the new Teams (and hopefully SDN) (and probably SKE).)

14. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

But I liked the guitars, you don't really need to take away the guitars to feel more modern.

I really hope if Akimoto does try to go more modern that he doesn't make the new songs feel the same as each other. Nowadays songs are starting to sound like each other so I hope AKB doesn't lose that fact that they don't have many songs that sound like other groups.

Damn delay again [boom] I was hoping to see the new stage already

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Actually 'DELAY' would be a cool name for a stage, come to think of it.

16. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

'DELAY' for team A, 'RESET' for team K and 'GO' for team B [hehe]

17. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

THAT would be amazing. :XD:

18. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Well, that's kinda the problem there, AKB48's choreography has never really been known to be complicated. The best I've seen was End Roll/RIVER. I'm hoping with their new stages or future singles that they can move on to more interesting choreographies. Maybe I've been spoiled by Korean pop [blush]

Either way though, one week was definitely not enough to learn everything. Even going by RSL's model, 2 songs a day is ridiculously demanding. Remember, the AKB48 members are not full time idols, they go to school in the morning/afternoon too and have lives outside the theater. It's not like they can devote a full working day to learning them, they only have hrs a day. I'm glad they pushed it back.

As for me, I'm hoping to see a very interesting K6, after the letdown (imo) that was K5. With different teams, I don't know how this will go. Normally, I would just ask for the "cool" image that was K4 (K4 was freakin awesome), but hmm, with new members come new possibilities. I like what Mr Waffle said about all the girls getting stage times, before, everything really has been set and the same things were done over and over again, I really do want a RESET with the new teams (if we were supposed to get anything positive over the whole debacle).

Erepyon - no more cute songs, please. Yuko - something awesomely cool like End Roll would make me happy. Miichan - I don't know, but when you add one of my top 5's to Team K, I expect good stuff. :)

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana

I think the management is aware that K5 was pretty weak/ not very popular. I'm sure that's why they chose to end K5 first even though it's the most recent stage. It was the currently running stage with the fewest songs in Shibuya AX this year after all. 3 songs below B4 and more than that below A5, I think.

I'm just hoping that they've learned from their mistakes. After all the rescheduling and anticipation, I have a feeling that K6 is going to blow us all away.

20. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Reset huh?

Maybe that's why K got their shonichi first...
    that and because K5 was...meh, and they're trying to put that behind them ASAP xD

I'm absolutely expecting an amazing stage. K now has the highest percentage (in my opinion) of the strongest performers and dancers in AKB as a whole. While they might not have all the vocal awesomeness of some of the other girls, I'm really hoping that these particular strengths are going to be utilized properly.

The new K has the potential to pull out some awesome stuff, but like I say, it's how they're going to be put to use. The girls can only do what they're given I suppose.