The forum maintenance thread (twitter- @stage48)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 28, 2010.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: The forum maintenance thread

Totally agree. BTW, just a though. I was wondering if there is some sort of backup of all the forum stuff. I remember when, not so long ago, a very consulted web (maybe it was the wikipedia itself?) went down cracked and it had to be rebuild almost piece by piece (I used to consult data about Morning musume and the administrators even had to ask if someone had entries saved in a private computer).

2. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Yes, I create backups, via the forum's admin control panel.

3. karles48

I'm glad to know that. It would be horrible losing all the info. Thank you, Mr.Waffle.

4. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Since this morning I've been getting 500 errors each single time I try to post. The posts do go through, but I get the error warning instead of the "your reply has been posted" screen.

Also, in a couple of threads, it kept telling me there were new posts although I had read the latest post. I had to mark the threads as read to get rid of the notification.

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Since this morning I've been getting 500 errors each single time I try to post. The posts do go through, but I get the error warning instead of the "your reply has been posted" screen.

Also, in a couple of threads, it kept telling me there were new posts although I had read the latest post. I had to mark the threads as read to get rid of the notification.

6. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

The SKE48 Gallery forum is currently broken, it's not counting threads correctly and isn't showing the third page of threads. I'm not in a position to fix it at the moment (and frankly I have no idea how to fix it anyway).

7. karles48

How did you do that? [shock]

8. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    You enter the forum or subforum where the thread is, and click "mark all as read". XD

9. karles48

Oh, so it has to be done at subforum level...I though there was a way to mark a specific thread. In that case I think I'll wait until someone posts in the 'stuck thread', because I prefer to differentiate the threads where I posted something from the rest...Thanks anyway, loveandcoffee!!! [clap]

10. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

This just happened....

It's the first time I got this error from s48, usually it's 500s and 503s...

the errors happen so often now, everytime i click to go s48 i hope i wont be greeted with a white screen :/

11. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

I'm getting 500 and 503s so often they're not even annoying anymore :fp: (And also double posting as a result)
    Got the 'general error' a while ago too.

Plus, it seems like posts are not showing up properly in threads. There was one where I could only see another user's post when I'm at the 'post reply' screen (under the topic review part). O__o

And this.

12. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Backing this up, one of my posts disappeared as soon as i posted it. That post and another user's(consecutive) only showed under post reply. :/

13. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

The forum isn't tracking posts properly anymore. They're there, but the forum doesn't always recognise them, or something.

I'm home now so I'll start trying to figure out what the hell is going on...

14. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

Just saying, that stuff's been happening for a few months now.

15. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I was coming here to post about the 500 error but I see it had already been done. I will add to the problem, though...

I have yet to get the error when I post a reply but I do get the error often when I view the forums. I get e-mails saying when a topic I've subscribed to has updated and when I click the link from the e-mail to go to the thread the 500 error happens often. Even when I reload the page, close the tab and click the link again, it still happens. A lot of times I just wait a few minutes and go back, click the link and it works.

Again, just letting management know...

Kay

16. karles48

It seems to be something related to the server because, if I remember well, the problem began immediately after the change of the server (just a coincidence?). Another important thing is that, whereas I have the same problems with the wiki, I don't remember having problems with STUDIO48. Is the lyrics server different from this?

PS: Mr.Waffle, you know, anything you need to find the problem (even closing the forum for a while) will be ok for us.

17. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

That was our own Stage 48 World War I.
    ( The maintenance that would end all the problems but in the end attracted even more problems )

( Yeah, I copied the The war that will end all wars thing... xD)

PS: Corrected the double quote that made wendychi got in the middle... lol

18. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

The forum upgrade didn't cause it. I did the upgrade to try and fix the 500 issue in the first place.

The problem started sometime after the jyanken tournament, iirc. Maybe the forum being crashed by everyone trying to be on at once corrupted the database that records the posts or something...

19. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

ah... well, yeah, but the amount of 500/503 ones, almost multiplied after...

ANYWAY!.

don't kill me for this but... COULD (COULD) the bots plaguing the wikia have some relation with the errors?...

IN MY CASE, a lot of errors coincide with the bots making spam articles and all "search bots" i guess, catching them....

could be???????????????????????????

^^??????????????????'

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Does the wiki go down as well when the errors occur?

I'm reading the server error logs now, all sorts of crazy crap goes on here. People reading the forum using google translate, Chinese websites linking to us, etc... [hehe]

The same error every time though, "File does not exist". BUT WHY?! :fp: