The future of Janken Taikai

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by gocchisama, Jan 16, 2015.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    it's 2:AM, i'm watching Jurina and Sakura doing a jankenpon to decide the winner of the AKB to XX show.

And suddenly something strike me: is it still worth it to do a janken taikai? Let's think it through, so much production charge, big schedule involving all members, All the hype just to release a single of a member we're not even sure to sell well? And even a popular member like Milky is barely selling 50 000 copies. (even the range is good IMO).

What do they want to do with the Janken? Ambitious or just another event among any other to please the fans? First it was an AKB single, now, what is it?

You don't need such a big event to annonce a solo debut of a popular member. The energy brought was legit since you get an AKB single, but now? I don't think so anymore.

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I dont see any reason why they would cancel it. They're selling the tickets for the event which is I doubt they lose money on the production. Plus they have broadcast deals too. Surely, Milky selling 50k isnt making a loss considering the budget. However, I doubt they'll make janken singles again tho.

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

IMO it's still a good thing for everyone. It's still one of the most followed events of the year and it's still perhaps the only chance most of the members will ever have to lead a single (even if the single isn't a big success...)

4. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

If AKB senbatsu is at stake... then yes. IMO seeing a member win their way into their first AKB senbatsu is really exciting stuff. Also an old gen winning their way back into senbatsu again is also exciting. Those two things actually transcended any rigged or not rigged talk or even who wins the center spot. Watching the 2013 Janken... those final "make it into senbatsu" matches were intense and awesome... you could tell from their emotions how much was at stake. I still remember the epic Kojimako vs. Uno Mizuki match. You also had the dynamic of sister group members rooting for their team members wholeheartedly because it meant another representative in an AKB single.

IMO the 2014 janken tournament had none of that... it was more like a festival or something. IMO management should just announce their choice for center before hand and then let the Janken decide the rest of senbatsu. Or maybe even announce their choice for w-center and half the senbatsu and let the janken decide the other w-center and the rest of senbatsu.

5. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    It should be noted that the 2014 Janken was not aired live and aired after midnight, I know because I was in Tokyo the day it happened and was trying to find it....then found an article that the station it was on (I can't recall which one) wasn't getting good ratings for the ones in the past when it was aired live.

6. plomeplome

I thought BS Sky perfect streamed it live?

7. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    It may have been streamed live on the internet, but it wasn't on TV until later

8. plomeplome

BS sky perfect is cable tv

9. moonlit

moonlit Member

I think they should go back to what it was originally. Some unexpected non1-st placers do profit from getting into senbatsu. I really think Hillary profited from that uber-long-title thing with Jurina a lot for example.
    But yes, while I do not think that its rigged, popular members winning it is... somehow disconcerting. I hope there'd be like some random barely visible girl winning it, like 1st Janken Tai :awesome: Instead of all those pushes.
    It's a fun event I guess. Maybe they could do something else, other than Janken? Some other type of senbatsu determining game to view?

10. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    hmm, maybe my hotel room didn't have cable? I dunno...I know it was aired after midnight, which is when I watched it

11. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm fine with the Jankentai .

Its a annual celebration with many warranted reasons.
    -Cosplay (This should be reason #1 so I mentioned it first)
    -Announcement of some type of news or performance of fall single
    -Its "SUPPOSE" to be a clean competition not judged by how many fans voted so i'm assuming each girl has equal spirits. Not like Miku Tanabe who was probably zoning out cause she truly felt that she is going to be sitting there for the rest of the election day.
    -Saho Iwatate attended it in the past so it's also public enough for general public to attend.
    -AKB48 has roots with that venue arena. It doesn't seem like its underfilled or overfilled to the brink of public chaos. If it isn't broken, doesn't need fixing.

However I bump that making an entire "AKB48 Maxi Single" over this entire event is very risky. Especially at this time of transition of older gen to newer gen. I would agree that making this previous year's jankentai a "solo debut" was a very safely executed plan. If it trends then cool. If it sinks then the ship doesn't go with it. I'm not sure if they'll continue it this year since it's all about the 10 year celebration.

Oh yeah and I bought Chance No Juban during the debut week so I guess that was nice too. It had a nice Team A song lol.

12. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Hope there's another so my oshi will be able to defend her title!

13. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I really like janken but to me it is rigged.I like the cosplay and rivalry but they should not have a solo album they should have the whole group get a song not one person. And up to thus day i still haven't heard kojizaka46

14. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

i still want to see this event, but i think it will more worth it if the winner are get into senbatsu single just like the previous janken.

15. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

I'm for it if it is for an AKB single, but it seems like they are worried that it won't reach 1m sales without all the top members, so I'm not sure if they'll continue it.

I don't think it's rigged, but I'm also tired of hearing it is, so I wish they'd just announce a center and the rest of the spots up for grabs.

If it does continue it will probably stay a solo song for the winner

16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I really do wish that the Janken event will be a single rather than a solo debut/solo concert (if the winner debuted as a soloist already)...

The B-side for Milky's first solo didn't seem to quite workout wel, in my opinion..

Having yourself in an A-side line-up, or having a solo debut are really both exciting...
    But having a solo debut won't give any push from those who ranked 2-16, I mean they won and all but they're only in the B-side...

Plus, if that someone ever won a solo single, she won't get any other solo singles IF the management loves her song and the way she sang her song...

All-in-all, I'm all for an A-side single!!
    And I hope Mii-chan and Aamin will get a spot at the top 16!!!

17. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    it will be awesome if the winner get main role for drama (not for the midnight slot) and and the rest singing for the theme song
    but impossible, lol :^^;:

18. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

They had a song on Kibouteki Refrain called Kaze no Rasen. Don't know if that's what you meant.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YukoOshima

YukoOshima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Yea i meant that. I thought it was called kojizaka46 lol

20. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    They also have a song on Nogizaka's album with the song Keishasuru