The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

I stopped somewhere during the extra hard missions that become available after you beat the game. I looked at some guides to see if it was just me, but even the guides said you need luck to beat some of them. At that point I gave up. I'm all for games that require some skill and practice, but having to rely on luck is just ridiculous.

2. CDevil

CDevil Member

Well that's a lot further than I got. Failing numerous times puts me off after a while. I don't want to get to the point where it's just frustrating. Hopefully the Wii version will fix the difficulty problem.

3. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

The Wii version is definitely easier, but for some reason it just doesn't really feel "right" compared to the DS version, much like the Wii version of Cooking Mama.

4. CDevil

CDevil Member

Is the Wii Trauma centre already out in America? I haven't even played the DS version of Cooking mama yet, but it seems like a typical fun Japanese game to me, which is always good.

5. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I think it's been available since the Wii launched. As for the DS version, I actually beat the game. :D It took soooooooooo long to defeat those really hard guilt operations, but I finally did it. Oh, and not to break anyone's heart, but once you get through doing all those, you have to do the harder ones all over again. :) The last mission/guilt strain you encounter is absolutely CRAZY, but not impossible. It took me many, many, many, maaaaaaaany tries, but hang in there! If you need tips(as I did), there's plenty of guides on GameFAQs.

6. CDevil

CDevil Member

That just shows how rubbish the UK games industry is, it takes ages for games to be released here, and when they are, they're more expensive.

I feel really bad now for not getting very far, I'll definitely try to complete it eventually...if my head doesn't explode from the stress.

7. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

The official release in the US is Dec. 3rd 2007!!

I seriously can't wait 5 months for this to come out. Here are some pics from the game that show it's superior graphics and awesome new features:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I want this game :twisted: :twisted:

8. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

^ I saw all that today, and all these announcement make me want to get a Wii now. They're going to be sooooo hard to find after these announcements, though. I saw the ebay prices have went back up a little, and the consoles that came in stock today have started selling out in minutes again. It was getting to the point where you have a 20 minute window, but now it's as bad as launch month. :confused:

9. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
  10. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

Hahah, well getting to level 50 is like an achievement for me already. I lose interest in games very easily, therefore I don't usually go very high. :lol:

My other high level characters were 80 something in PristonTale and 95 in Rose-online. I think that's about it. But I've given up gaming now and I spend most of my day watching AKB48 videos. :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Yea, actually I didn't get a Wii yet either. I was planning to buy it when the new Super Smash is released since I have my eye on only that game. Also, by waiting I was hoping for a price drop.....but Wiis are still selling like crazy at retail price so I'd better get one when I get the chance. Luckily I'll save quite a bit of money since the game is compatible with my 4+ gamecube controllers. :D

Lvl 80 and 95? I'd call those high levels. :shock: I don't know how long it takes to level up in those games, but reaching lvl 80 in Maple Story would take a year+ unless you play like a obsessed maniac like me, lol.
    That's good that you easily lose interest in these games. I wish I can lose interest easily. Maple Story has made me anti-social and interfered with school. Like right after classes I'd try to ignore everyone and run quickly to my computer and start playing my precious Maple. And I'd study last minute for tests because of this addiction, giving me my first couple of D's on exams. Ouch XD
    At least with AKB48, you can go on a forum, chat with people online and study while listening to their music. :)

12. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

It wasn't that hard to get to those levels in that 2 games I mentioned, because they're private servers and you know, private servers have a much higher experience rate than normal servers. :lol:

To be honest, I once liked to play Counter-Strike so much that it led to the failing of one of my major exams. Well if I were even half as sensible back then as I am now, I guess it could've been changed. :oops:

I hope you're not as addicted to gaming now as I was. :)

13. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I still play Doom2 pretty heavily. Does that count?

14. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

I've got a PS1, which I don't play too much anymore. A Gamecube, which, again, I don't play too much.
    Also: Gameboy color, Gameboy advance, Gameboy SP,(I don't use any of these anymore) and a new-ish DS, which is my current plaything. <3
    Been playing Pokemon Diamond way too much for my own good.

15. CDevil

CDevil Member

Just got back from a Tekken DR tournament, and I was completely and utterly ravaged, I never even made it past the group stages lol. I don't mind losing one of my matches because I was against this pro from Japan. That match never lasted long at all, and he got a perfect in one round. All in all I had 8 matches and only won 2 (and one was by default :lol: ). I'll take this humiliation as a learning experience and work harder. Too bad it cost me £15 to enter *cries*
    Brawl looks really good, I can't wait for that game, even though I didn't have the first one. It's funny how they never mentioned the European releases, which probably means it won't be released in Europe until Spring 2008 :evil:

16. nightmarest

nightmarest Kenkyuusei

I have PS2 but since i have to work everyday i never touch it, now my brother owns it..

17. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

You have to make the time for the important things in life. :lol:

This coming from the guy who hasn't touched his 360 more than one time in two weeks. I am getting tired of it. I think I want to mostly retire from this whole gamer scene. I find I'm more into the pick up and play type games that I have for my DS. I dunno.. might just be a phase. :) But I was thinking when I bought my 360 that this'll probably be the last gaming console I buy.

18. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Didn't know private servers were so good! :shock: Since it's a private server, I bet there were no "hackers" to ruin your fun. Maple Story was loaded with them.
    I've played my share of CS and experienced it's infamous knife battles, but before I became addicted, Halo came out and I became attached to that game instead. :lol: Dang, failing a major exam? Sorry about that. While I was playing Maple, my test scores were horrible throughout the whole semester, but luckily I pulled out before my finals came up, and saved my buttox from failing. It's good that we learned from our lessons even though we had to learn the hard way. XD

Doom2 takes you nowhere and accomplishes nothing in life, so yea, I would count that as a video game too if that's what you're asking. :)

Whoo! I have Pearl so we can trade Pocket Monsters or battle if you want :D

I've gone to 3 tournaments where I won one, got 2nd place for another, and got into the semi-final round of the 3rd one, but they were my school's tournaments, lol (Japanese pros not included). Official tourneys are of a whole different level so I'd probably get my butt kicked as well. Too bad you didn't win. Train 24/7 and you'll get better (or die from sleep deprivation). £15 for a one game tournament? That's a lot of weight lost from your wallet poundage-wise.
    Actually the first Super Smash is on N64. If, you have a Wii, get Melee since I think it's backwards compatible. SSBM is so fun! It can keep you occupied until Brawl comes out in Europe. :D

I admire you for thinking of quitting the gaming scene. As for me, gaming has been a part of my life ever since I was 5-years-old and it will stick with me until the day I develop severe arthritis in my fingers or die. XD

19. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

^ Well, I don't wanna quit just cold turkey, but I want to stop these hardcore, major learning curve games. I really think Nintendo has a great concept with this Wii and even DS. I think I just wanna shift into that. But I'm nowhere near done yet! :) Very much looking forward to Halo 3 and the like.

20. dynamite

dynamite Kenkyuusei

I have almost every system, but i'm sad because my Wii died for some reason.