The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Seems like Stage48 is no longer the exclusive domain of British kitchen salesmen. Other spammers have recently discovered our little community. Should we be proud?

2. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I recommend 1q84 for a breath of fresh air. Norwegian Wood is a mixture of frustration and enticement for me too, as it's one of his most "normal" books. By that I mean the central element is the main character and his love life/sex life rather than talking frogs convincing loan officers to save Japan from an earthquake or a confused young man raping his older sister in his dreams. But at the same time, his characters in this book as you mentioned are pretty bad with coping with life (and death) that you just kind of want to wish the best for someone who strays away from all this gloom: Midori. I think the enticing part of it is its open end, it leaves room for your own interpretation of what happens. There's no right or wrong, and for me Norwegian Wood's ending seemed positive enough. :^^;:

Can I also add that most of his main characters are conversationally unremarkable? Most of the time they feel like blank slates or pushovers who occasionally thinks with their penis. :fp:

In any case, I hate where Golden Time is going. How did ghost Banri suddenly get back to his body?

I'm excited for Winter season. I want to see my mahjong lesbians on side B.

3. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    For my personal interpretation, I think he was saved by Midori. If you remember how in the beginning, he was in Germany and he heard the song Norwegian Wood to which he started reminiscing and began the story about his past. I think that was very indicative of what happened to him in the end. He was saved by Midori, and his life prior was an affair to the ones who weren't. With jerk friends, stormtrooper, sex and the whole shebang. :lol: Them ending up together is up for debate, but I'd interpret that they did, but didn't. Personally, I didn't feel their connection too well--hell, I'd say even Watanabe had more chemistry with Reiko (that part near the end totally threw me off but at the same time I think was something that was due to happen). I'd stick with it, but I get how at some random and depressing point in my life I think "I'm probably totally wrong and Watanabe was never saved and they never ended up together." which makes me sad, but then realise what the point of the whole story was if that were the case, so I come back to my interpretation again. :^^;:

I was never really fond of open ends but this is one of the exception to the rule. I'd say this is because I feel the characters in Norwegian Wood were people who I think--believed can do better. In this case, I believed in Watanabe and Reiko. Midori for me is a given, and I actually love the positive and spunky characters, but I didn't feel too much for her as I should, probably because she came in too late? I don't know. But that's how I felt about the book as a whole. It was frustrating (an eye opener actually) in a sense that not everyone can be as strong-willed and live through life, let alone accept death. But enticing in that Murakami weaved a story in which there are still people who can, making you believe in them too. Such narration really tugs at...something, and it just pulls you.

There was a point in my life that I appreciated rebellious and brooding characters too, but I almost automatically like snarky and funny characters mostly because of their dialogues. This is why even if Murakami's descriptions are ridden with subtle but meaningful depth, some of his main characters are too lifeless for me to appreciate or even empathize with. Like a rag doll waiting to be dragged around for the story's sake. And yes, they are pretty much mini Murakamis (up until the main character's habit of sexualizing all the females he meet :lol: ) but I don't understand how he makes characters (mostly his male ones) either the jerky and manipulative type and the standard nonplussed guy who repeats other people's opinions and just be emotionally detached and just stop there. I'm probably just needlessly complaining though. :^^;:

About Kafka I have to say I'm at the opposite side in that I like Nakata's side of the story better than Kafka. I don't know if it's because I appreciate the whimsical aspect of his adventures like Johnny Walker or the talking cats better. Kafka seemed like an angry teenager in comparison. :lol:

Keep at it though, it's a great read.

About 1Q84, it is interesting, but I guess I would use the term surprising as I think it suits the book better. I won't spoil it more than that, so enjoy the ride.

Would love to hear what you think about it after reading. :)

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

This guy must be mad... :^^;:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm9XNyERe6Q[/yt]

5. rick48

rick48 Kenkyuusei

Yin Yue Tai blocked AKB video

Hello,

Does anybody have a solution to view blocked YinYueTai videos outside of China? Seems to be a heck of alot more AKB video being blocked these days. Soo many i want to watch. :(

Thanks very much

6. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    ^ You can try to find a Chinese proxy or VPN to make it look like you are from china. But where you will find such I will leave up to you. ;)

There might also be an extension like the one for Google Chrome that makes you able to watch Youku outside china. But I don't know.

7. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    now that i have such a crush on a classmate i suddenly relate to 95% of WORLD48 songs. in fact i had an NMB48 "OH MAI GAA" moment today and even sang the song in my brain as the events unfolded, today was the first time i actually had somewhat extended interaction with her and all i could think about the whole time was how awful i smelled =( and it's not even like i always stink, it was just today :tongue:

[​IMG]

8. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

I just wanna share this pic, a record breaking members&guest on stage48 forum. [rock]

[​IMG]

9. karles48

^Well, according to that it would have taken two people more to break the record... [shock]

10. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    It were 3 minutes after, so I suppose it is close enough. And the previous record were 300-something I believe. ;)

11. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Merry Christmas!! Have a great day, every one! :omfg:

12. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    So, I reshared this video of a starter idol group, called 大阪★春夏秋冬 :p
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1_-2KBfHM[/yt]

Later, three tweets of mine got favorite by one of the girls of the group.
    https://twitter.com/foodlfg/status/415215214443769856
    https://twitter.com/foodlfg/status/415216807981510656
    https://twitter.com/foodlfg/status/416279953655603200
    She even replied me which appears to be some google translator stuff but nevertheless, It's really nice of her. ^.^
    https://twitter.com/ssfwon/status/417251174832959488

I wonder if someone else has experienced similar idol harassment on the internet already. :nb:

13. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Got bored today, so after practice i think my shinai(sword) looks so simple/boring so i decided to engrave some lucky charms on it.. First i used a pencil to write the letters, 2nd i used a screwdriver to mark the letters then 3rd i painted using my tamiya paint.(for plastic model kits :^^;: :lol: )

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Andi Ilham

Andi Ilham Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui02
    Twitter:
    darkshinescales
  15. karles48

Happy new year to everybody!! [party]

16. kirifuda

kirifuda Member