THE VOICE THREAD.

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by maxaroni, Apr 5, 2011.

1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Because I like voices, I decided to make a voice thread *o*

Everyone, post your voices here~

Make a recording of you talking. . . idk just introduce yourself or something, and then post it here. AND THEN DISCUSS. WHO HAS THE SEXIEST VOICE? CUTEST? MOST AWESOME? FUNNIEST ACCENT? yeahhhhh *o*

2. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Can I just quote my post that started this for now? 8D;;;;

I wanna make an actual one later~

3. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW I COULD BE DOING THIS BUT

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYYOZKG4
    I'm kind of whispering in these because I would be too ashamed if my house mates (who were watching CSI next door as I was recording this XD) heard me XD so turn up the volume if you can't hear :awesome:
    There's three short (<1minute) snippets:
    1.English, with an educational reading for you all because I didn't know what to say XDDDD ;
    2.Japanese, basically me gushing over Sae :awesome: ;
    3.Roman, where you can hear the real me :^O^: and I say that there's just no language as expressive as mine and that Italian sucks compared to it :awesome: [aup] :pirate:

uhhh. XD

(also I'm listening to Ame and Liz's recording and I understand like a word in thirty T____T.)

4. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

^ Congratulations, you now seriously have to deal with both of us having crushes on you. :oops:

Also don't feel bad, we talk a mile a minute and I kinda slur my words/stumble over my tongue sometimes anyway... sometimes I can't even understand myself when I hear something I've recorded and it's a wonder anyone can. XD;;

5. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

It's allright with me. Come to neechan :^O^:

but I do ;_; you know you have a problem when you don't understand what the friggin' BBC is saying lol. But let me repeat that I love the sound of your voices *w* and aside that you sound so genuinely having fun that I was smiling even through the words I didn't understand XDDD

and replying to Koopa from the post dump
    It's normal <3 because you normally hear your voice filtered by your skull that works as a resonating chamber. So when you hear your recorded voice coming from the air through your ears it's bound to sound weird to you. (this is actually the first exercise I ever did for singing lessons: getting used to hear my recorded voice XD it was too embarassing and weird at the beginning) But your voice sounds LOVELY so don't worry <3

6. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

o_o. love-san sounds nothing like i imagined. i can't even explain it but i never imagined your voice to be that cute. XD I always imagined you as one of those loud and well sound like you talk with all of your body italians. NOT THAT I'VE EVER BEEN TO ITALY, but I guess that's how we see italians. but your voice is really calm ;w; I like it lots.

7. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

But I do talk with all my body. Just... in a girly voice XDDD. And I'm usually pretty loud, just not this time XD.
    But thank you <3 <3

8. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Stellar job so far! I hope my contribution is acceptable!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?apl7vo5geed630a

or
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSQqL8Ue5XI[/yt]

Pick your poison...or should I say..Cyanides? [hehe] [hehe] [hehe]

9. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

10. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Listening to your intro, I'm learning a lot. The Pittsburgh Dialect of English. It's pretty legit, your intro. I believe people in Michigan say pop as well, instead of soda. Go figure! Perhaps a Pittsburgh x Detroit/Indianapolis collab in the near future, yeah? [party]

11. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

*o* Pittsburghese has a website and a wikipedia page too lol

There aren't any really good examples of legit pittsburghese on youtube or anywhere though D:

12. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Wow, thanks for the resources! I'll be checking them out, since this sort of thing is interesting to me. Also, as a reply to yours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_North_American

Apparently, that's my dialect of English. It was quite the culture shock when I went from Detroit to West Lafayette (about 1-2 hours from Indianapolis) for College and realize some of the stuff I said and some of the stuff Indiana residents have said did not gel!

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Ok, here's mine... [hehe] I recorded it on my iPhone so it's m4a, you might need to listen to it with VLC or iTunes, I didn't think about that sorry :fp:

MOAR! More local dialect!

Loveandcoffee, your voice is adorable :cute:

melon... I totally lost track of what you guys were talking about :XD:

14. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

Alright, here's me XD

Me speaking in english and a tiny sampling of my chinese. Figured I'd include it because I've been told I sound like a native...and I'm in no part asian. p_o

15. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    It cuts off before there's any Chinese...? :fear:

16. kirakirahanabi

There's two files, isn't there? If not I'mma kill mediafire x_x

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The link only shows english.wma :fear:

18. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Ohhh Waffle you're the person I understand the most in this whole thread. You just made me feel smart. Thank you ;__; your accent is much clearer than American one. Like the vowels sound like vowels and not a bunch of rrrrrr sounds. XD
    (And lol you made me think, we have a friend who's called Natasha but we ONLY call her and introduce her to people as "Sanzo". Her own mother has started calling her that too XDDD. AND SHINJOOOKOO LOL AHAHA I THINK THAT ALL THE TIME TOO)

awwwwww sankyuuuuuu <3

kirakira, I like your voice! but the recording sounded like an airport's control tower XD. And yup no Chinese ;_; I would've loved to hear that.

and yup. DIALECTS ARE THE BEST. <3 (and we have so many completely different dialects for such a small country here, that I can't even start to fathom how many dialects can there be in those huge nations like the US. XD)

19. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I guess you shared only one file instead of the mediafire folder with both files? D:

Anyways, I listened to all of you.
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG ENGLISH. ♥

20. kirakirahanabi

And after further listening, I'm gonna re-record my chinese when it's not 6AM here XD