TV / Radio [TV] - [NMB48 Geinin!! 2] 13/04/03~13/06/19

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Asheron, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Re: [SHOW] - [NMB48 Geinin!! 2] 13/04/03~

Arai-P went balls to the walls for this episode.

Sanma was like a hurricane this episode. His mastery of owarai was absolutely phenomenal to observe. From the very beginning he emphasized tempo, and when Riichan just walked out lazily to the front like they usually do every episode, Sanma showed no mercy in smacking her as hard as he could. Everyone knew after that they didn't walk in front of Sanma, not even Iwao and Gotou.

Another thing I enjoyed about what he did is that he didn't even bother to tsukommi the jokes that bombed. Gotou is really nice and tries to help the girls but Ripopo was just left in No-Man's Land with her joke. Fuuchan and Nana barely got away with theirs. Props to Sayanee, Maachun, Yuihan and Akarin for keeping up the pace and throwing good jokes down. Props to Iwao for throwing down a legit boke at the end to close everything off too.

The man just chews at the screen wherever he is. I can't wait for the DVDs to be released because you know they kept a bunch of stuff with Sanma in order to convince fans to buy the DVDs.

And then, just a simple ending with Yuihan reading letters to the girls. Man, she's fit in with NMB really well. I look at Lemon and how she's already fitting in with NMB, but Yui in NMB was just a great match. Of course, the workload probably became too much for her to balance, so releasing it was better for her, but her time in NMB was fun and meant a lot as the girls showed.

My favorite moment definitely was..

Iwao: Are we gonna have enough time for this? Are we gonna need a 2hr SP?
    Sanma: Yeah, how long is this show?
    Gotou: It's a regular 30 minute program, and this is one corner of it!
    Sanma: One corner of it?
    Iwao: Yes, we still have the girls' acting as well!
    Sanma: 30 minutes? One corner??? I'm AKASHIYA SANMA!!!

The legend deserved more than 10 minutes, but it was a perfect finale to a wonderful season. As Nana always says, this show is about laughter and tears, and we certainly had both this finale.

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

He kinda did tsukkomi them... Well, if they made bad jokes, he made sure that they knew it and it was funny in that respect.

Man, poor Nana, she was crying because of her suberi... it's one thing with Gotou, but with Sanma? The feels.

And the Yui letters were legit, real letters too. Poor Ripopo.

3. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

With Nana and Fuuchan a bit, but with Ripopo it was like, 'Ouch'. Sanma reacted more livelier to Nana and Fuuchan a bit more. It's funny because everything he said to the girls was expert criticism from tempo, to Milky making sure she watches the monitors, and Nana's ability to tell a story. It was all just spot on.

Arai-P has done a great job with producing a show that manages to capture so many inside NMB jokes and a great mix of a cast that utilizes the girls' respective talents and skills. I'm glad we got to see that real-ness with the NMB girls one last time before Yui left for good.

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

I actually thought Nana's joke was funny. Not legit funny but you could tell she was super nervous so it was became funny.

If you think about it, he is giving them hints on how to improve as his tsukkomi. "What were you trying to tell people?" And then hopefully they could find out what they were trying to accomplish and how to improve it.

Nana's good at acting and setting up scenes, but not at punchlines... that's why she's better at scripted stuff like in the story and in manzai, and I think that's something Sanma was trying to get across. A hidden compliment with a hint on what to improve, perhaps.

5. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I'm SHOCKED they got Sanma to appear on the show that is Tamori-level comedian. Yoshimoto really is went above an beyond when it comes to NMB variety show, continues to find ways to partner the girls with top tier comedian talents. :awesome:

But Sanma?!!! That still doesn't sink in for me.

6. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Most definitely. I loved how he made them explain their thought process, and what's interesting is that he basically brings it back to the first thing he told Maachun, 'Don't think. Owarai is tempo. You can deceive people with good tempo'. Though with Nana, Sanma said she had trouble with acting and setting everything up with her joke that time. But that's besides the point. Hopefully everyone remembers what he taught them today :D

7. ET920

ET920 Member

Re: [SHOW] - [NMB48 Geinin!! 2] 13/04/03~13/06/19

First episode released, thanks to Smilodon for translating it. We are adding visible translator notes for this season (the previous season had them hidden). It's a bit tricky, since the pace is usually fast and having notes will force you to either read them (missing dialogue), dismiss them (as if they didn't exist) or pause the video.

Also, for those watching it in mobile phones, there is an srt version without notes (since some notes are large and the SRT format doesn't allow positioning, it would probably cover a good chunk of the screen).

Episode 2 is already translated, I hope to have it out this weekend. Exams coming, but I think I can do it anyways.

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Good work guys.
    Hopefully more people will go and watch it now.
    This season was so good, be a shame if hardly anyone watched it.

9. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I included notes in Season 1 as well, except that they were taken out due to timing issues. They're actually all still there and you can rewatch Season 1 in order to catch all those things that you might have missed the first time.

I'm not sure how to access those comments, but I'm sure ET can help with that. I hope that the pop culture/owarai references will create a more immersive experience since it'll help you understand all the inside jokes.

10. ET920

ET920 Member

I noticed downloads for the season one picked up on April, when Geinin 2 started, so there is some interest still. However, AKB48 videos usually rack around 50% more downloads than SKE/NMB videos, which limits the audience you can reach.

I think Magical Radio and Geinin are the best shows from 48G, but overlooked because pure AKB fans barely know anyone there, which might make watching it more boring, which is a pity.

11. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Owarai is also pretty hard to get into since it's so dialogue heavy so they might not enjoy Geinin as much as Magical Radio.

12. ET920

ET920 Member

Yup, the pace is extraordinarily fast, it's not like stand up comedy where the comedian gives time for people to understand and laugh, it's about building up fast, which makes making subtitles harder, as sometimes you need to sacrifice certain translations to keep up pace.

13. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans

Where can I watch the whole season of Geinin 2, subbed? I've watched Season 1 from vid48, but I'm quite bad at finding other sources :^^;: Geinin 1 was what drew me to NMB, and I wanted to get more into them (there are only ten-ish girls I know, and most stars in Geinin lol)

14. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

The second season hasn't been subbed yet completely. Only the first three episodes have been done and only one has been released. I'm surprised Mochichan uploaded all the videos we did onto Vid48. How interesting.

Check out projectsubs48 for them.

15. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans

Thank you very much! :)

I'm sure Mochichan means no harm — just to spread the NMB love around lol; I wouldn't be into them if it wasn't for the videos there, after all ahah

16. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

I'm quite glad it's up on there. I've never actually seen a single subbed episode ever since I'm so technologically inept. I'm glad many people are watching it there as well and getting in on NMB.

17. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
  18. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez

The DVD will be released in September 17th. MY BIRTHDAY! (and 2 days before my kami-oshi's birthday) [clap]

I like the accessory content of Geinin season 1 DVD (making, report, cosplay, short skit, bikini scenes) , so i hope the 2nd season's DVD will be great as well..

19. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I don't remember seeing this skit in any of the episodes. Does anyone know if this was aired or is this just a DVD extra?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxbWaeiJFM&list=WL9346F8BF6AFA1600[/yt]

20. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The Ama-chan skit was in the finale but it was edited, this is the full skit.