TV / Radio [TV] - [Shukan AKB] '09/07/10~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Jul 2, 2009.

1. chanchi \(^o^)/

chanchi \(^o^)/ Kenkyuusei

Re: [TV] - [Shukan AKB] - 2009/07/10 -

What??!! it's already deleted on youtube??!! :shocku: :shocku:

2. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Missed the show again.... was looking forward to mariko's penalty kick.

3. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

The new ep...
    is very funny with the "push-bottom" game and full of suspense with the basketball shots
    But the end is... haow... It's pretty tough to hold back the tears :fp:

4. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Bwah...? So it's a free throw match? not penalty kick?

I feel sad for Team A, they fought hard this second half, but they're pretty unathletic most of them... especially when it comes to running.

Feel even sadder for Team B, they lost by a small margin. I wonder if they could win had somebody tougher was on the sumo match instead of Kashiwagi.

Team K, my god! Congrats to them! They didn't do as well as the first half, especially after they pwned the sprinting event. Reading Jasey's sports event recap, I thought they would ace every event over A and B, they only won by 12 points over B, very close match.

5. Criss

Criss Member

6. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Okay…here we go…

Overview:

We pick up where the last episode left off – the Sports Festival. The MC’s are Speed Wagon, Takahashi, Yuko, and Mayu. Team K had the highest score entering the second half of the Festival with Team B and Team A following respectively.

Team K performs “Iiwake Maybe” while we’re presented a recap of the recap (if that makes sense) from the episode regarding the 4 years of the idol group’s development.

(Now from here on out, the show’s pretty easy to understand from context alone However, if you want more detail, please refer to Jasey’s post in the Sports Festival thread. And once again, I will not try to translate the commentary.)

Along the way – after the “Oshiri Sumou Taiketsu” (or “Sumo-Bum Comptetition”) – we’re treated to a live performance of “10-Nen Zakura” by Team B

After the relay race, we’re presented the final score.

1.) Team K with 344
    2.) Team B with 332
    3.) Team A with 219

So in the end, Team K wins, and Yuko rocks the sports festival banner for her Team. She also ends up giving a victory speech on behalf of her Team:

I’m really happy that our Team won. Not just this one time many more times let’s do the AKB 48 Sports Festival, and let’s keep working to do bigger and better things in the future. Thank you so very much!

*I took some creative license on the translation.

Each Team then lines up as one departing Teammate reads off a speech to the upcoming Team Leaders. (Please refer to these translations kindly posted by arsenocoffee if by chance you can’t understand the Japanese.)

Up next is some Shuukan AKB News on “RIVER” reaching No. 1 on the Oricon Weekly Ranking, Atsuko’s 2010 calendar, and the AKB musical.

Team K then performs their victory song, “Korogaru Ishi ni Nare,” and backstage Yuko presents her final words:

This time around we were really able to show [to themselves and everyone else] the strength of their bonds. For serious…today was just plain awesome! We were friggin’ fearless!

*Again, I took some creative license on the translation.

And that’s that for the overview. B-)

Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko!
    2.) Sayaka!
    3.) Team K!
    4.) The speeches at the end :)
    5.) Everyone!
    6.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)
    7.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)
    8.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)

*Considering how I pretty much skipped this week’s overview (again), I’ll let you guys pick out the highlights)

Overall Opinion!

Yuko! ^_^

And Team K! ^_^

This show was touching – it really was. The sports bits were cool (especially when Team K won at the end), but the big bit was the emotional speeches. I remember last week I was totally kicking myself over how I aloof I was over the emotion leading into the Sports Festival, but this time around I’m cool with it all. (It actually dawned at me during work today – “Being cool-headed doesn’t necessarily mean I have to be cold-hearted.”) I personally didn’t cry, but I definitely felt for the girls – in my own warm and subtle sort of way. (Interesting how a lot can happen in a week – and how a major change can come from such a small impetus.)

(By the way, was it just me, or did they not announce Yuko as the MVP during this episode? I know I skipped around a bit, bit I’m really wondering if it was my own fault for missing it.)

Anyway, I’m not sure what the next episode will bring, but for the meantime…go, Team K! And go, Yuko! ^_^

And that’s that, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the usual – especially sorry for the overview for being so short. (Really, how do I expand on action?) I’m not sure if I’m sorry about my emotional revelation – I personally thought it was cool. (Maybe I should be sorry if you didn’t want to hear it. :p) Anyway, I hope this post helped even the slightest bit.

Until next time, y’all take it easy. B-)

7. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Thx again giddy!

8. Criss

Criss Member

9. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori

Thanks for the Youtube links. Nothing better than watching AKB at work.
    (OK, watching them at home is better but I don't get paid for it)

10. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

removed? so quick.

11. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

The episode this week was really interesting :D I hope they do this more with other prefectures. It'd be nice if they could do Oita since my friend is from there. Sasshi or SKE's Ono Haruka could take them around.

12. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

Ono Haruka would make me veeeery happy <3333

13. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Where did they go last episode anyway? They're pretty unknown there...

14. gideon123

I actually don’t want to do this…

Overview:

It turns out that the AKB girls are doing some PR in Shikoku – especially since it seems that there are people in the area who don’t know who AKB48 is. To spread the good word of AKB, Kuwabara Mizugi leads Kana, Atsuko, Asuka, and Rie through different parts of the area as they all do some PR work.

They first stop by a really tall statue of some dude (sorry, I don’t know Japanese history – or any history for that matter) where they (or at least Kuwabara) try to appeal to the crowd. They then stop by Katsuhara Aquarium where they do some PR work with the crowd before playing a bit with the seals. (Apparently this gets the crowd excited.)

After the event, the girls talk about how nervous yet happy they are over the experience. Kuwabara then takes out to eat via old-fashioned train/trolley to this spot that serves massive omelet rice dishes. (It’s a really simple dish – ketchup rice with plain omelets on top, but sized to serve 6 people.) The five girls collectively beast the food (in under 20 minutes) before making up their own AKB dish as a PR thing the customers could sink their teeth into. (The chance to make the custom dish was the girls’ prize for beasting the super omelet within the given time limit.) The girls announce the custom dish to the customers, and they seem to receive it well (much to the girls excitement/relief).

Later on as several of the girls chill out in a room, Kuwabara pops in and announces to the girls how they’ll be performing at a school’s outdoor sports festival as part of their big PR thing. (I bet the girls new in advance, but the staff had Kuwabara make the announcement anyway for the episode…*shrugs*) The girls head on over by bus (where the read up on the game plan for the day) before arriving at the sports festival (much to the surprise and excitement of the fans). The AKB girls perform a few songs and talk a bit before heading back to the bus.

While on the bus, the girls point out how fun and exciting the event was – as well as stupidly hot. Meanwhile, the students and faculty at the sports event are like, “Hell yeah, that was cool!”

Later in the day, the girls split up into two groups to do what appears to be a PR competition against each other. (I’m not sure about the details, but most likely they’re going to try to “out-PR” the other team for some sort of prize.)

We first check out the first PR group lead by Kuwabara as they head over to a massive food court with 65 different food stands. The girls check out some of the stands and score themselves some food (possibly freebie from the shops) before sitting down to play game. Here the four AKB girls have to answer questions pertaining to the area. If they get it right, they get to eat a dish. However, if they get it wrong, Kuwabara gets to eat the dish.
    Unfortunately, the girls only manage to score the gyouza.

We’re then treated to some Shuukan AKB News on Haruna’s solo PB, SKE48’s 3rd Stage, and Watarirouka Hashiritai’s 3rd single.

A preview of the next episode picks up on the PR challenge with the other PR Team at some food place that carries the small dishes of food along the conveyor belts. (I have no idea what that sort of place is called.)

Also, this episode’s logo has been brought to you by Kitahara Rie. :)

And that’s that for the overview. B-)

Show Highlights:

1.) Uh…
    2.) Kuwabara’s zeal
    3.) Atsuko’s hand under her sweater/shirt at the aquarium (I just that was a bit odd…)
    4.) Atsuko pointing out how she’s on a diet, but can’t help eating the food since it tastes so damn good :p
    5.) Food galore!
    6.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)
    7.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)
    8.) (Anything else you guys wanna add)

Overall Opinion:

Uh…

Yeah, I wasn’t too crazy about this episode. Maybe it’s because of a blatant lack of Yuko or even people in the studio, but this episode felt like filler – and I fear the next episode will feel the same.

But uh…yeah…*shrugs*

So that’s that. Sorry for the usual. Again, I didn’t want to do the overview, but since I’ve been doing it up until now I figured I’d give it a go. Nevertheless, I hope this post helped…somehow.

Until next time, y’all take it easy. B-)

15. ossan

ossan Member

^ The president of Office48 graduated from that school.

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

For once i have to disagree with gideons overall opinion ( There's no top quotes since i don't know how)

No way did that episode filler feel like a filler, i mean i liked it Kuwabara keeps raising in my ranks and you get to see a more different side to the girls.

17. gideon123

Ooooh! I did not know that! :flower:

Yes, I officially concede to the fact that I have no heart. :-/

18. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

I agree, I didn't enjoy it that much either, it lacks anything funny.

19. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

20. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori

I thought the 11/13 episode was pretty good.

Gideon won't like it due to the shortage of Yuko [devil]
    I was really surprised at Pyon and Myao balking at the roller coasters, it didn't even seem like that scary of a ride, by amusement park standards. Good job to Nitto for making the most of her sudden spotlight. She was an unknown to me before she started making appearances here and I can see she has a good personality.

The decibel game is certainly one I recall from Hello! Morning. I wish my Japanese was strong enough to get the jokes/insults they were throwing at Speedwagon.

The highlight of the sushi game had to be Suuchan's attempts to bribe the chef with her winks. Too bad it looked more like she had a bug in her eye! :D