VCHA

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by bonjourmarlene, Sep 26, 2023.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    VCHA "Girls of the Year" M/V Teaser 1

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  2. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Teaser 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    MV dropped:

• Like Like x 2
  4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    News stories accusing JYPE of lightening the skin tones of Camila and Savanna

In a shocking turn of events, fans are calling out JYP Entertainment for what they claim to be the "whitewashing" of VCHA's Camila Ribeaux Valdes and Savanna Collins, sparking a heated debate within the K-Pop community.

Netizens are expressing their frustrations, claiming that VCHA‘s Camila and Savanna are being “whitewashed.”

https://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/317267/20240125/jyp-entertainment-accused-whitewashing-vcha-stars-camila-savanna-—-hope.htm

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/jyp-entertainment-whitewashing-vcha-camila-savanna/

XO Call Me

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yeah I can totally see it. Even if you look at the thumbnail for XO Call Me, there is no visible difference in skin tone in there.

This is Savanna normally:
    ezgif-5-cfc2046aae.jpg

And this is Savanna in tweets and promotional images...
    sddefault.jpg GDy5Ugka8AA5pws.jpeg

And for Camila as well:
    unnamed.jpg Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 09.18.14.jpg

and Camila in promotional images:
    sddefault-2.jpg GDy5BLua0AAzgX--2.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    VCHA Performance Practice Video Teaser:

"Girls of the Year" Choreography Video:

• Like Like x 3
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    All-new girl group VCHA talk their first single “Girls of the Year”, opening for TWICE, working with J. Y. Park and more during their first EVER radio interview on KPOP with JoJo!

VCHA "Girls of the Year" Dance Tutorial

VCHA "Girls of the Year" Choreography Video (Moving Ver.)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    FROM AMERICA TO KOREA: VCHA HAS OFFICIALLY ARRIVED
    Hypebae chats to A2K’s first official girl group.

American girl group VCHA is on a mission to bring K-pop to the masses. As the first official group to win the reality competition A2K (America 2 Korea), their unique perspective on making music and the K-pop process sets them apart from the rest, and now they’re ready to make their official debut.

With a name that’s inspired by the Korean phrase, “Shine a Light,” the group’s intention is wholly clear. “For me, the purpose of a light is to illuminate something, to shine on something. So we are here to shine the light on others, not to keep it to ourselves, but to hopefully inspire others based on our journey,” Kendall from the group tells us. “We hope to represent many people through our different backgrounds, people who may never have thought they could follow their dream, but who, seeing that we are following them, may also find hope to follow theirs as well,” she continues.

In terms of their journey into the industry, it’s not been an easy ride but the result is one that’s made them all the more powerful. “I think being from different cultures and backgrounds brings so much to this new wave of music,” adds Camila. “The creation of this group is something that hasn’t been done before, it’s not the typical K-pop or pop group. It’s a mix of both, therefore everyone can resonate with us and our music.

We caught up with the rising group to find out more about their reality show experience, how it feels to finally make their official debut and what 2024 holds.

(interview follows)

https___bae.hypebeast.com_files_2024_01_vcha3.jpg

https___bae.hypebeast.com_files_2024_01_vcha2.jpg
    \\ https___hypebeast.com_wp-content_blogs.dir_6_files_2024_01_vcha1.jpeg

https://hypebae.com/2024/1/vcha-kpop-america-2-korea-band-single-debut-interview

• Like Like x 2
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Today, they are in People.

New Global Group VCHA Debuts as the 'Girls of the Year' and Reveal 'How Far We've Come' (Exclusive)

There’s something about a dream that’s exciting, but intimidating. And whether you’re a “Go Getter” or not, a dream can often feel far out of reach — especially when the seeds of self-doubt take root.

However, the six girls of the newly debuted global girl group, VCHA (pronounced Vee-cha), prove that their inhibitions can never bring them down. And as the first-of-its kind group trained through the K-pop system, they officially begin the journey of a lifetime — and have much to tell PEOPLE about their excitement on an early morning in Seoul.

Perhaps one of the most endearing moments in the music video happens when the oldest member of the group, Camilla, gets a chance to witness her past-self looking up to her in the audience. With a look of self-assurance at the version of herself who bravely left nursing school to pursue her singing dreams, she sings the chorus:

VCHA-GLOBAL-GIRL-GROUP-012924-8-91e59c0b0af24c74836ef5b42ae39b9f.jpeg

VCHA-GLOBAL-GIRL-GROUP-012924-7-db02697eb2954fc08fa0db02ea10d4bb.jpeg

https://people.com/new-global-group...ar-reveal-how-far-weve-come-exclusive-8551925

• Like Like x 2
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Sore loser or not?

Former “A2K” Contestant Cristina Allegedly Shades VCHA

A fan-favorite at the time who didn’t make the final lineup was Cristina Lopez S., a dancer/performer based in Atlanta. She is now under fire for allegedly shading her former A2K costars.

unnamed.jpg

She reposted a video that poked fun at K-Pop fans that pit VCHA and KATSEYE, Geffen Records and HYBE America‘s international girl group formed from survival show The Debut: Dream Academy, up against each other. The OP (Original Poster) claimed that British girl group FLO could not be “dethroned” by either group and even derogatorily referred to the other groups’ members as “fetuses” in the caption.

Cristina also commented, “YUPPP,” in agreement with this video. She has since removed her repost.

Additionally, Cristina has liked multiple “shady” comments on her videos. For example, one fan said they were glad she didn’t debut with VCHA while making fun of their concept. Another commented, “She doesn’t need Vcha… Vcha needs her.” On the last comment, she replied, “Don’t hate guys.”

Now, Cristina has shared a dance cover of VCHA’s “Girls of the Year” via Instagram Reels and TikTok in celebration of their official debut. She referred to the members as “my girls” in a supportive message.

The comment section on her TikTok is primarily positive, as her followers praised her for being a “supportive friend” despite not debuting with VCHA. She has only liked positive comments on this post.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/former-a2k-contestant-cristina-allegedly-shading-vcha/

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Opening for TWICE in Mexico City (fancam)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

VCHA "Girls of the Year" M/V Behind the Scenes ep.1

• Like Like x 1
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Preparing for the TWICE concert in Mexico

• Like Like x 2
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Lyric Video

• Like Like x 1
  15. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

VCHA "XO Call Me" Special Video

• Like Like x 2
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    VCHA "Girls of the Year" M/V Behind the Scenes ep.2

• Like Like x 1
  17. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    VCHA collab contest with ZEPETO:
    vcha.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

VCHA-log | Mexico Food Mukbang

• Like Like x 3
  19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I guess JYP had a vision for VCHA from the start and looking at it now, maybe Cristina didn't fit the image. I think she'd do well in a more RnB focused group with a girl crush concept. That being said, I can understand why she'd be bitter about not making it, it was a huge opportunity.

I also think it's more common in American culture to speak up when you've got an issue than it might be in Korea and Japan. In a similar comparison, there is a Hawaiian season of the Japanese reality show Terrace House where you have 3 men and 3 women sharing a house. For those who don't know it, it's a bit like Big Brother, except the contestants don't win any money at the end (many do it because they want to be famous or make connections or get their name out there), also they aren't locked in the house and still go to work, meet friends, etc., and they can come and go as they please.

What I'm trying to get at, you can really tell during the Hawaiian season that the show is a bit more fiery. One of the male Japanese contestants and a female American contestant really don't get along because she says it how it is, and you can tell it's a real clash of cultures.

I don't think Cristina did something horrible by liking posts and leaving comments, I think she was just getting excited by people telling her "you're too good for VCHA anyway."

On a whole other note, about the debut single. I'm slightly disappointed, it feels very generic to me. But I guess it does have that JYPE sound - maybe that's why I was never able to get really into TWICE or any of their other acts, cause it's just a bit basic for me. I will try and continue to support VCHA cause I want to see where this American K-Pop group is going to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    VCHA "Girls of the Year" M/V Behind the Scenes ep.3

In Brazil

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 2