VideoSynch S48 Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Urabe, Aug 2, 2016.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Is this breaking any rules?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Using a service like cytu.be we can all watch videos (and music) together!
    So; as an experiment I threw together a small channel with some videos. There is a live-chat and we can make it so that anyone interested can add just about any media as desired.
    The current thought is that interested S48 members can PM me and be given moderator status allowing uploads. Otherwise you can just watch along with other viewers. Did I mention you can also share music?
    There are some limitations which we are all used to, such as banned countries for youtube links and private videos not being sharable in some cases. We can get around some of these problems by using external hosting so say you just happened to have some killer content on your computer you could share (message for details.)
    My username on Cytube is CathedralLover.
    All questions direct to my inbox.

The temporary channel URL is: http://cytu.be/r/IdolTribe

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So, simply put, group chat with a video box?

Sounds fun.

3. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    That would be correct; with the added benefit of being able to input pure audio as well, soundcloud links etc. Just about anything you can think of....

"Video Providers

• YouTube:
      • Single video:
        if the video does not show watch the video here id) or
        if the video does not show watch the video here id)
      • Playlist:
    • Vimeo
    • Vid.me
    • Dailymotion
    • Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/(doc id)/edit or https://drive.google.com/open?id=(doc id)
      • As of 14 September 2015, Google has made a breaking change and Google Drive videos on CyTube use a hacky flash player solution that may or may not work for you.
      • Find the video in your drive, right click it, click "Share...", then click "Get shareable link".
    • Google+: https://plus.google.com/photos/(user id)/albums/(album id)/(photo id)
      • Post the video on Google+, then right click the preview and copy the link.
    Audio Providers

• Soundcloud
    Streaming Providers

• Twitch
    • Hitbox
    • Livestream.com
    • Ustream
    • RTMP streams: rtmp://(stream link)
    Misc

• H.264 encoded MP4 and FLV, VP8/VP9 encoded WebM, and Ogg/Theora videos can be added as a direct link to the video file.†
      • If you are trying to share a video that's on your computer, you will first need to upload it to a suitable host. Unless you are running your own webserver (most public file hosting sites will not work), you are better off using one of the other video providers listed above.
    • MP3 and Ogg/Vorbis audio files can be added as a direct link to the audio file.†
    • <iframe> embeds from other websites can be embedded, however these cannot be synchronized."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. roxyakbbliss48

roxyakbbliss48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    sailorcadetR
    hmm this sounds cool and fun

5. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Right now I just have a somewhat substantial playlist looping. Those who have expressed interest and who show interest; expect a message on details as to how to be enabled to add videos to the playlist, etc.

6. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Roxyakbbliss48 is now a moderator! "magicalprincess" in the cytube.