Which AKB48 sister group can be as successful as AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by MayuMK30048, Jul 9, 2013.

1. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    We know that on the last Senbatsu Election. many sister group members ranked. even the winner of the election was a HKT48 member which is Sasshihara. even though she was a former AKB48 member and was exiled to HKT48 because of a scandal. Sasshi-magic did make HKT48 rise in popularity in just a short period of time she's been in there.and with a such young sister group. there were some HKT48 members who ranked on the senbatsu election. and one of the considered HKT48 center Sakura Miyawaki ranked 26th place. NMB48 aces and center managed to be on the Senbatsu category. while SKE48 aces and center W.Matsui finally broke through the Kami-7 barrier and not to mention many members of SKE48 dominated almost each category on the Senbatsu Election.

IMO, among the sister groups now HKT48 has the highest success probability rate cause they remind me of a young AKB48 when they were just starting. and one of the things I consider is that. the center position on HKt48 is very competitive. there are three arguably considered center on HKT48. Haruppi, Sakura and Meru. and though SKE48 is doing well. I'm not a fan of the group.

2. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You forgot Suda Akari making into Senbatsu, being this the first time there's 3 members of the same sister group in Senbatsu.

HKT lacks strong names to be successful anytime soon. Also, SKE is still the best selling of all sister groups and we've yet to see how will they sell their 12th single.

3. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    HKT..
    they arent the strongest sister group yet now, or even among the weakest. But, HKT does remind me of earlier days of AKB just like how MayuMK said. They have promising future.

4. xxxiang

xxxiang Kenkyuusei

well now the closest is ske48.
    but definitely hkt48 in the future.

considering their highest ranking member other then sasshi is standing at 3rd in the hkt lineup.theres just so much potential in this group and unlike ske or nmb who survived initial stages with 2 aces, hkt have got 4 who are around the same popularity by its second single. so it depends on how the hkt management is going to carry on from here.

5. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I think its HKT too. All of the girls are just really really great. Lively personalities, assertive, hard working, and fun. Clearly the girls all have a great time together, since they haven't had one girl graduate since the "mass graduation" last year.

Meru has a lot of appeal, while Haruppi has that "underdog center" thing going of her now (kind of like Yuko did with Acchan). Sakuratan is just incredible, a lot of people liken her to Yukirin but she has a lot of unique characteristics and is a very impressive girl. Madoka has always reminded me of Mariko, and I think someday she might go into hardcore troll mode [hehe]

HKT is going to introduce their 3rd generation soon and likely establish their own Team K (KIV? K4? Hakata K?). The group is starting to grow which is good and bad. I personally like the small underdog feel that it has now, but I know that growth is inevitable. I just hope they realize they don't need to bring in a huge batch of 3rd gens because they already have a ton of KKS ^_^;;

6. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

JKT48. The AKB48 model can be successful in Indonesia and JKT can have the whole 300 millions Indonesian as their market. But to do so, they must have original songs from Indonesian for Indonesian.

No sister groups in Japan can surpass AKB48 as long as they are AKB48 sister groups and produced by AkiP.

SNH48 probably leaves 48 groups before they are successful in China.

7. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I agree with this point.
    I don't really follow SNH48 but I read the news every week.
    I can't see how far they can stay as an idol group in China. Idol groups in China are not longer lasting and can't make high profit.

8. 48respector

48respector Kenkyuusei

Re: witch AKB48 sister group can be as succesfull as AKB48

Agreed with that thinking. Even all sisters group is climbing up the popularity, the most powerful is still AKB48, though I choose SKE or HKT to -maybe- become equals to AKB this day.

9. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    not JKT. They have been doing well among wota only
    heck most Indonesian public dont even know at JKT48 beside wota and japanese lovers. also I heard JKT fans had bad reputation especially among the people/store near the theatre was set up

10. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

^
    The fact is that.... all idol groups starts with wota only [hehe] [hehe]. AKB, Momoclo, MM, there are no exceptions. One of the reasons I love Amina is because she was one of the extremely few female AKB's fans among an army of...., well, "creepy" wotas in 2006. We can say pretty much the same about JKT's fans nowaday I guess :D.

And yes, wota always have bad reputation :). What are ppl's reaction when you told ppl in your community that you are an AKB wota?? [hehe] (remember to show them Heavy Rotation PV to describe AKB as well [hehe]). But, admittedly, JKT has a more challenging environment. In Japan, ppl kind of accepts that wota/otaku exist and is a sub-culture. There are even dramas describing them as well (e.g. Densha Otoko). Indonesian are probably unfamiliar with all these things and the stigma shall be stronger. So, JKT probably needs to "generate" their wota army :D.

That being said, I think JKT has lots of potential. Indonesia is much more accepting to Japanese culture than other countries (e.g. China) and JKT has no competition in Indonesia now. I find JKT's challenge is very similar to AKB's in 2006, converting people to wota :lol: :lol:

11. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I tell almost everyone I know I'm an AKB wota. :XD: It is harder to tell people here in the west after recent events, though. [think]

I see a lot of potential in HKT. They seem like they will rise up in the future.

12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    jkt wota are perceived as rude immature pwople by locals.
    and o am not even indonesian but a lot of my indonesian friends, some unrelated to 48fams, testified abt their behaviour. there is even one video showing the opinions about jkt48 wota by people around theatre. yes, akb wota was looked down upon but on different matters. akb wota might have been looked down upon as they were perceived as obsessive , like moe culture etc. but jkt fans were lookrd down upon because of their lack of manner, in internet world and real world. i am in several 48group fan group in facebook and i was really shocked by their imaturity.

ps: i can read bahasa in case you are wondering :)

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't really know much about JKT48. but what I know is that their introducing japanese idol appeal in Indonesia but with the rumors about JKT48 just messing-up. I don't know where they would get since AKB48 members from 1st-3rd Generation are well-disciplined imo.

14. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    What is the definition of success?

If it in term of quantity (single/album sales), I don't think any sister groups will be as successful as AKB which sales 1 million copies in a week.

But,in tern of quality, I have to say all sister groups are better than AKB. SKE and NMB are much better performer than AKB. And HKT lolies are so charming. For me HKT have more appeal than AKB. Full of potency.

Well, that's just my opinion..

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't think SKE and NMB are better performer than AKB48. it's just the song/single that makes it looks like their a better performer.

and many agreed that currently HKT has the most potential among sister group. since Sasshi's present on HKT help the members discover their potential.

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I wonder if that will still be true if the most senior members of akb all graduate (like 1st-5th gen) and the most sempai member is in a sister group(ske first gen), fans can argue that akb was the longest group in existence but the members of the sister group are ones that have been around the longest.

^You give Sasshi too much credit.

17. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @ mieniem
    why not since when Sasshi had been the MC of Hakata Hyakkaten and AKB48 members appeared on their show as their guest. Sasshi knowing each HKT members weak spot and strength and exposing it to the fans as to show each members appeal. many fans easily recognized HKT members thanks to Sasshi.

18. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Sasshi was simply moral support, fans recognize HKT members because of HKT the show was the best kind for them to show themselves. Afterall it takes the format to gain interest, akb has plenty of shows but most only watch bingo, a format Hyakkatten had taken a similar base to.

Tell me MayuMK30048 have you actually watched the show? Do you recognize members other than Sasshi?

19. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    what do you think I'm making up things? :lol:
    I'm watching it of course. don't try to act like your a sage on 48group things.
    I know Moriyasu, Meru, Sakura, Chiyori, Haruppi, Murashige, Anai etc.
    the one that actually attracts me to HKT show is the reason AKB48 have to guest on their show and the one that makes it entertaining is Sasshi exposing each members flaws and strength and uses it as an appeal to the fans.

20. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Making what up? you put Akb on the pedestal,
    as for exposing flaws and strengths exposed, it's just the simple games that show them in their best light.

Also you are aware that just like any show they record it much long having many members show their talents and only keeping the ones that actually entertain, It simply trial and error something you can try when there is only 12-14 members in the studio.
    And since when do I act like a sage.