Why do Koreans find SNSD pretty but AKB48 not?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by chiuchimu, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

First, lets not troll or flame. I mean this as a discussion.

I've been a member of a forum(AF) for a while. I've posted about AKB and H!P many times there. Almost all the time, several Koreans(each time different ones) will post that they don't think the girls are pretty or Kpop Idols are prettier. I'm sure others have had the same experience or seen similar comments on youtube. I am not a fan of Kpop though I do like some SNSD and Kara songs. More important, I think those Kpop girls are just as pretty as Jpop ones.

Why do you think Koreans go out of their way to do such things? Is it racism, rivalry or something else?
    Could it be that their taste in girls is so different than ours that they could look at all the pretty girls in AKB48 and honestly not find one pretty? It's hard to fathom but.....

I'm personally tending to think it's rivalry given the success of Korean media of late. They are very proud when Kpop Idols rank high on jpop charts. Hence, I think it makes them uncomfortable to see pretty Japanese Idols singing catchy songs. They feel they are on top of the game and they don't want us to over take them.

Anyway, what do you think?

2. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

... Does this really need a thread?

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^ So, What do you think? And don't be racist.

If you have nothing constructive to say then don't reply.

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I don't really see how this warrents a thread, but...

I think it just has to do with taste. I don't know much about Korean culture, but I've heard that plastic surgery and looking Caucasian are pretty popular over there. Japan may have similar aesthetics, but their image of beauty is different, and a bit more traditional than a more western-culture-driven Korea.

5. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
    This thread is unnecessary. It goes both ways. If you know of the history between Korea and Japan you may get a few hints. Trolls will be trolls.

And yeah thiiiis really shouldn't be a thread. It's just going to cause lots of wank.

6. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    OH BOY HERE WE GO [speechless]

7. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

We don't need this. It's just going to evolve into a big fight, whether you intend it to or not.

LOCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.