Would a male 48/46 group work?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by SteCola, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Hi there.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    i think both of them had a very large fanbase from teenagers until middle aged audience lool. LDH was very kakkoi and Johny's is all the cute boys gather. those 2 things which wouldnt never die in japanesse culture imo.

not surprise eh, 2-3 of my classmates even a huge fan of SMAP. lel we even cant walk properly yet in SMAP golden era :^^;:

i agree the idea were on the table for quite long too. but to challenge those markets were almost impossible and we know our guy disliked to not be no.1. you can see how he gather superstar for breaking kpop market ? lol , scratching from the lowest wasnt on his dictionary anymore these days

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lmao, I remember not so long ago when I took a stroll around Tokyo Dome for exercise and grocery shopping, TVXQ just finished their evening concert. Not long after there was Arashi anniversary. Both were packed with okaasans and teenagers alike :lol: When it was BTS, most are teenagers or young adults.
    True, it will be difficult to break the domination of those uncles.

4. Gernnon

Gernnon Member

Oshimen:
    Cho Kurena
    Crazy to think how I was thinking of this today too

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Wasn't AkiP himself said there won't be any kennins or crossed single participation between Nogi and Keyaki? I'm actually glad Nogi and Keyaki (and Yoshimoto for that matter) is practically more and more different group now, despite of being under Sakamichi flag. ALTHOUGH I wouldn't mind if AkiP releases a Sakamichi Series single (Not keya member in nogi single or vice versa).

As for boy group idea...hmmm...wouldn't oppose that but wouldn't check it either, unless the songs are super good.

6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This Red guy haven't watched Produce101 season 2. I would like if the guys are as talented as Produce101 season2 peeps, and not Johnny-cringy. If it's like TOKIO, V6, ot the old 3jsb or mix-group like AAA, I'd still love it thou.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Elton & Freddie (if only he still alive).

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    their physical sales would be insane

btw, does Jhonny's really ban other male idols?

9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Yes, JE tends to ban other male idols from music show (especially M-sta), especially those who are considered as "rival". The most notable one are w-inds, AAA, and DAPUMP (yes, before the U.S.A hype), then ex-JE idols like OOR, Akanishi Jin, and 3 ex-SMAP's group (i forget their group's name lol).
    Of course, there's those who are barely escaped from JE's sabotage like LDH idols and foreign idols (K-idols are included). But as you know, LDH is backed up by Burning while foreign idols are treated as... foreign idols :^^;:

Nevertheless, seems like JE had loosen their sabotage so other idols beside JE idols can perform in music show freely (unless there's Arashi). But still, JE still blocks any ex-JE idols from music show :fear:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Would be fun though. I've always considered Hello! Project-groups as Johnnys's counterpart so I would love to see male groups with the same concept as 46/48-groups too.
    I have loved JE-groups since I was 13-years-old, and if there would be a chance to go to handshakes and vote in an election.. count me in!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    It would work as in they could possibly gain a massive fanbase.

But it wouldn't work because of Johnny's.

lots of girls and lots of gay guys.

news flash: not all parts of the world has to cater to straight dudes :awesome:

Count me in!

This is interesting because Korean boy groups (and girl groups) hold handshake/CD signing event regularly (where you can also meet, talk, shake hands, high 5 to the idols for ~few seconds), and a freakout rarely happens (never heard of them, to be honest).

I need his name for my biology hoework.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    e2c691c57954da2f1ca0b5f2aa254da1.jpg

13. Chloe

Chloe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    If it happens they could be quite popular. I'm amazed that some of you think it wouldn't work considering how kpop boy bands are doing so well. Some of you sound a little sexist honestly. I feel they would be have popularity overseas based on the fact that other jpop boy bands do seem more popular overseas than j-girl groups but maybe I'm wrong. Either ways, we can all see how popular Johnny's groups are. If they play their cards right they could do it.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. anzai

anzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I kinda like this guy’s comment. Why do you all give him so many dislike/disagree?

Yeah. Guy’s butt is not interesting. Abs, pecs, biceps, on the other hand... LOL

But apparently someone out there likes to see a guy’s butt. Read this:
    https://onehallyu.com/topic/513966-that-level-of-fanservice-tho-nsfw/#

I might get dislikes for saying this, but IMHO, Japan is quite a patriarchal country. In entertainment, you see female idols get “ridiculed/harassed” more often in TV shows, comedy skits, etc, than their males counterpart. Remember the incident of Watanabe Mayu got kicked in the head by Koji Kato? According to “old” Japanese culture standard, it was just entertainment, not harassment (though there was a rage against Mayu’s incident). But the thing is, it never happen the other way around. Japanese male idols are highly unlikely to be harassed in public like that. A South Korean movie like My Sassy Girl (2001) where girl harassing boy would not appeal to large audience in Japan. My point is, female idols has an inherent trait to serve and suffice men’s fantasy. These salarymen work hard long hours in their offices, and so they need some refreshment in the form of entertainment by cute young girls that do not necessarily have talent in singing/dancing, as long as they’re cute and have nice butts and doesn’t mind to be harassed/ridiculed in public. But this concept is not gonna work for male idols. Most male idols have to work harder and build their image for long time so that they can appeal not only to teenage girls, but also to okaasan and obaasan. Once their image is established, they will have crazy loyal fan girls. Too much turnover/graduation will make it too hard for them to build their image. Besides, who wants to see a guy’s butt LOL? And also, fan girls usually don’t have too much money to be spent on idols stuff, right? Unless they are salarywomen, which is not so many in Japan.

This MALE48 concept may work in South Korea or other country. But in Japan, I doubt that. AKS can try it, but I think it will only last for a couple years before the male group disbanded.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1