Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Some examples:
    • Shiroma Miru's 1st single "Shine Bright" (July 2022) sold 2,666 in its first week
    • Her 2nd single "MELTY" (November 2022) sold 2,081 in its first week
    • Choi Yena's Japanese debut single (August 2023) sold 5,450 in its first week
    • Watanabe Mayu's 1st album "Best Regards!" (December 2017) sold 20,575 in its first week
    • I couldn't find Matsui Jurina's 1st album in the Oricon Top 20 in its release week, which means it sold less than 1,135 copies
    • Yamamoto Sayaka's 1st album (while in the group) "Rainbow" (2016) sold 50,375 in its first week
    • Yamamoto Sayaka's 2nd album (while in the group) "Identity" (2017) sold 36,988 in its first week
    • Yamamoto Sayaka's 3rd album (first since grad) "α" (Alpha) (2019) sold 18,945 in its first week
    • Yamamoto Sayaka's 4th album "&" (and) (2023) sold 9,711 in its first week

Keep in mind the first couple I mentioned are singles, which typically sell better than albums anyway. Sayanee did have a long health-related hiatus and she's now sold less than 10k in the first week. Even Mayu's solo debut album, which was released right during her graduation, only sold 20k in the first week.

I'd still say those numbers are pretty bad but hopefully it doesn't mean the end.

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hmmm... yes this is a lot less than I expected :/ I didn't think she would sell a lot, but more than this for sure.

But honestly, I think that her return this time was not planned very well. I actually think her return back in 2021 was a bit better. She was uploading short parts from her self-composed songs or covers of popular songs everyday on her TikTok and it was doing good numbers. This time, she didn't do any of this. I also think that after such a long break, and especially after seeing how things went in 2021 at her return, they should have known that she would get the most attention right at her return, and not months later... Maybe they should have prepared the songs and even the MV before she made her return, then she could have made a tweet about her return, and few days later, upload the MV. A lot more people would have watched it. (her MV has 47k views and 560 likes right now) I know they kinda did this with Don't Stop the Music, but even for that, they waited a bit. and even though I find the song nice, same with Shake It, I think maybe they should have picked a song that leaves more impact for her return. and lastly, the MV for Don't Stop the Music was nice but all concert/backstage stuff, while Shake It MV was cute but it looked a bit dark (the colors) and I feel like they used some filters in it.

I think they could have planned this better, like making her upload daily singing videos on TikTok again (if not daily then regularly), release things faster while people cared more, and it's also important to build an image for her. I think they kinda tried to go with the "singer" image, with the guitar and all, but I'm not sure if this is the most suitable for her. I know she's now older and more mature but she's just 21. I think a bright and colorful concept would have suited her better, like we still see her being cute in some of her TikToks. it was with this kind of image that she got popular in AKB. I think having a style that is more "idol" would be better for her... and they should have planned this as her image and push for it, because it's hard for solo singers to make it if they don't really have an identity and I think she's lacking this right now...

Also, she didn't have a lot of promo for this, and some of the promo she had was cancelled due to health reasons? So yes :/ Having more events and bonus tied with the album could help too. There are many things that could have been done to make this debut more successful ._.

I'm saying all of this because I care about her and want her to do better, but yes, this is just the start and her first attempt. Hopefully she's not discouraged and things will get better >.<

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka uploaded a short singing video of "Shake It" ^^ This was the kind of videos that she uploaded daily when she returned in 2021. The last part of the video where she's acting cute, this is why I say that she should try to go with a more "idol" image for her solo career, I think it would work well for her!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A short video of her singing at HMV Shibuya:

• Like Like x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A part-cover of 'Ditto' by NewJeans:

• Like Like x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Former AKB48 member and singer-songwriter Moeka Yahagi held a free live concert on the 17th at DiverCity Tokyo Plaza in Tokyo to commemorate the release of her first major EP ``spilt milk''.

• Like Like x 3
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I hope Moeka can hold more promotional events to push the album sales a little more! <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Looks like Moeka is doing more promotion these days, it's nice to see! She looks good in both of the videos above, in white outfits <3 She's also in a santa outfit at the end of the 'oricon' video. and she was very cute at the end of the 'Music Voice' video, the way she moved to the side ^^ She actually answered 3 questions about winter in this video - her favorite food for winter, she picked sukiyaki, then for winter item, she picked earmuffs, and for the best way to spend Christmas, she said she wants to eat a whole cake hehe.

Moeka in santa outfit:

001.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Another video of Moeka's free live, uploaded by TBS. :blush:
    (You have to open the video on YouTube to watch it >.<)

001.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A couple of photos from her TV show recording:
    https://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/841214

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DeepL translation:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ThirtyFour34

ThirtyFour34 Member

Oshimen:
    高雄さやか 正源司陽子
    • Like Like x 5
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Moeka is in a new fashion collaboration with SPINNS:
    https://www.spinns.com/topics/yahagimoeka2/

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

There'll be a promotional event with Moeka on 5/5 at the SPINNS SHIBUYA109 store where she'll be signing copies of the SPINNS Style Book.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 2