Yamamoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. No One

No One Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    ^LOL :awesome: Nice one

2. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Is it even obvious for Japanese people though? :^^;: I mean in the US people would instantly recognize what she was doing, but I didn't think Rocky was that big in Japan. Wouldn't most Japanese fans just think she was shouting some random American name at the end? :hehe: The only Japanese boxing stories I know is the J-drama One Pound Gospel starring Meisa Kuroki (pretty good show) and the J-movie Tomorrow's Joe starring Yamapi (which IMO is absolutely the dumbest sports movie in the history of the universe, lol), so maybe Rocky is more famous than anything Japanese boxing related. :^^;:

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    err.. Ashita no Joe is a super famous manga. Everyone in Japan knows its story. Jo (Eriko)'s full catchphrase even references it.

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Hajime no Ippo is pretty popular for boxing anime/manga...

5. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Even if boxing is big in Japan, and if Rocky was indeed big in Japan, I don't think people will remember the Adrian call.
    I doubt the young wota would know what she was shouting

6. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Even the 'old' one might not know, doesn't matter I think the change is funny enough to have.

7. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

The typical high school age person will probably not know it (they will know Harry Potter or Hunger Games references though). But, they could ask about Rocky movies on quiz game shows because they'd expect some people to get it.

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    If you stalk Sayanee enough, you would know it's based on Rocky XD
    All her hardcore fans at least should know she's referring to Rocky when they see the boxing gear.
    She's a big fan of Rocky, and has posted about watching Rocky movies quite a number of times on Google Plus :p
    It was awhile back, so maybe her newer fans wouldn't know though lol.

Personally, I've never watched Rocky before (perhaps I should), but I've heard about it before from people back when I was in high school who somehow loved it.
    The "Adrian" screaming part is a different story though. I wouldn't have known what she was yelling if I hadn't looked up for the original clip myself :p

9. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Sayanee got alot guts to aim for 1st spot in the appeal video and being the underdog like Rocky.....maybe she could pull a miracle title match....
    To become the champion, u need to beat the champ and the votes gap between Sasshi(150570)and Sayanee(51798) is about 98772 votes....

i guess will find out on June 7th and let's see who will be the top idol

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Kenkyuusei

Oh man Sayaka's poster is her best one yet. Plus the boxing video.. wow this girl is soo cool. She always does unorthodox things that make me love her more. I knew she was a big fan of Rocky but had no idea she'd use that for an election. Fans need to set up some meeting where she can meet the actor. That'd be the awesomest thing ever.

11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Ahh lol she explained in a Google Plus post to everyone that it's a reference to Rocky. ahha.
    https://plus.google.com/101423472932208115437/posts/f65KGYQwz8C

Edit:
    I read this fan account from a handshake with Sayanee on Twitter.

2部彩
    前に小ちゃい女の子とぱぱさん。
    ゆ:可愛かった(*/ω\*)
    彩:ねー///可愛かった(*/ω\*)
    ゆ:彩ちゃん選ポス見たよ!あれ、私物なん?
    彩:そうやねん!w 海外のファンの方にもらってん!
    ゆ:すご(°д°)! かっこ良かったよ!

2nd Slot Sayaka
    Just before, there was a small girl and her father.
    Fan: That was so cute.
    Sayaka: Yeah so cute.
    Fan: I saw your election poster! Eh, is it your own personal belonging?
    Sayaka: Yes it is! I received it from an international fan!
    Fan: Amazing! It was really cool!

*I'm not sure what exactly they were talking about, but it must have been the boxing gloves?!*

Question: Did any of you send Sayanee boxing gloves?? Lol.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  12. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Here's a video from Sayanee's Young Champion photoshoot.

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ @3:07... I like when she is trying to fix her bangs... IMO that is the only moment in the 7 mins that felt like I was watching Sayanee. :XD:

LOL. I knew she would have to end up explaining it. :^^;: In the US even though a lot of people haven't seen Rocky, the Rocky yelling Adrian part has been parodied so much on tv or in other movies or in commercials that it has pretty much become a part of our national pop culture.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Kenkyuusei

This just makes me again realize how awesome she is. She's so damn creative. She deserves to reach the top #1 spot one day. I'm sure it will come. Yuko even vouched for her (out of a few other names as well).

15. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

I have a feeling she'll crack the top 10 in a big way this time around. There's no stopping her ascent to the top. She's just so talented and awesome in many ways.

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sayaka was chosen as number 1 in the Official Guidebook's Senkyo prediction.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Kenkyuusei

I hope that's how it turns out. Who else is set to win #1? Mayuyu seems like a given. Though it's possible maybe a repeat winner from last year (that was quite a shock that I guess couldn't happen again).

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sayaka's vote total was 110k below Sashihara's and 60k below Mayu. I mean, I hope Sayaka does well but 110k votes is kind of a big hurdle to overcome.

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    To be fair, The vote count always increases. There hasn't been a member who has dropped in number of votes, even if they dropped in rank. Meaning whether sayanee ranks up or down, her votes will increase by a huge margin (just like last year). Sasshi wota on the other hand has a purpose when they were voting for her, which is why her votes were so high. They don't have a purpose as big as that this year because the legacy has been fulfilled, so we could see her votes decrease this year (though it would be surprising).
    It would be great to see Sayanee getting into Kami 7 but honestly, I'd be extremely happy is she just makes it into the single digits. 8th seems like an awesome position for her this year tbh. We can aim for 5th next year~
    :banana:

20. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

From the NMB main page:

[​IMG]

It looks like she's doing the Japanese idol version of that old Uncle Sam recruiting poster.
    "I want you."