Your AKB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by cRaZY MiKi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^^ Thanks for the great report! Too bad you didn't get into Janken, but at least you had fun hangin' with tgsk! :p

2. mshaydown

mshaydown Kenkyuusei

Figured I should do the fandom a service and post up my 48-related experiences over the month I stayed in Japan.

NMB48 3rd Generation KKS Theatre
    So, first event ever for me was the NMB48 3rd generation KKS theatre performance in Yes Namba. My Japanese is rudimentary at best so I had no idea what I should have been doing. Turned up when tickets started being sold and was ushered down the hole in the ground that is the NMB48 theatre. Exchanged money and showed my email and passport to the staff for a small ticket and armband. I had lots of time to spare so I returned to the hotel to drop off my bags instead of using the lockers. By the time I returned, the whole place had changed! Some comedy event was occuring at the same time right next to the hole in the ground. Asked one of the nmb staff what I should do and he showed me to a stuffy stairwell where I had to line up in according to my ticket number. Just short of suffocating and dying in there, the line started moving and we were finally being brought down into the theatre!

I went in not knowing a single girl and came out being able to recognize about 1/3rd of them. They're a really capable bunch who put on a very good performance which I enjoyed thoroughly. It was Togo Sora's (now graduated wtf) seitansai and she got the whole seitansai deal: a cake, a bouquet of flowers, a letter from a friend as well as her mom, and a birthday song. For the high touch later, the girls were really enthusiastic. Most of them slapped my hand really hard and said the thank you and yoroshiku loudly. I almost walked off at the end but one of the staff shoved me back into Togo Sora's arms for a thing where the girls lightly massage on your shoulders for a few seconds.

NMB48 Virginity 2shot event
    The next day was the NMB48 2shot event for Virginity. I managed to get 2 tickets after a very unlucky streak of losses so I would only be there for a short while. Met a friendly wota who spoke decent English and was eager to show me the ropes with 48-related events.

The first 2shot was with Jo Eriko (now graduated. again, wtf). This was her final 2shot/handshake event ever and I could sense the angst amongst her fans in the queue. Went in the booth and woah, she's gotten really tanned! She said to do the fighting pose she does in her catchphrase so I did, told her good luck, and left. Next was Kondo Rina. I let her know I was from Australia and she asked me how was Japan in very clumsy English. Sweet girl.

Maeda Atsuko Mini-live
    I then hastily left the venue for Kobe where I would be attending a Maeda Atsuko mini-live which I got tickets for from redeeming codes found in her 2nd solo single. The queue was massive and went on for 4hrs with pre-queues of pre-queues going on. Acchan pretty much sang all the songs from the 1st single and a few from the 2nd single, as well as a cover of YUI's Goodbye Days. A double encore yielded a 2nd performance of Kimi wa Boku da and finally, Flower. The staff at this event had prepped us all with free lightsticks to use in Flower specifically and it was quite a nice sight. Acchan got the crowd going by saying that she wants to do this again next year. Lets hope that dream comes true.

AKB48 album theatre version handshake/2shot
    I went for the AKB48 album theatre version handshake/2shot event armed with (only?) 7 tickets! This would be my very first AKB handshake event which followed my very first NMB event, visit to the NMB theatre, and visit to the AKB theatre so maybe it's not all that special anymore. The way the whole thing works is quite similar to what I experienced at the NMB shameru event, which a kind wota guided me through back then, so I was able to plan out my strategy to get the most out of all my tickets.

First thing in the morning was a ticket for SKE's Suda Akari. As I didn't arrive early enough to be in front of the pre-queue, I had a lot of time to figure out how best to get a 2shot stub which turned out to be relatively simple. The 2shots are all scattered on top of a pile of handshake stubs and usually only halfheartedly mixed by the staff. So all you have to do is be on of the first 20 or so people in the line and pick stubs from the corners and right on top. Got my 2shot stub for Suda and promptly panicked all the way to the booth. She lovingly took care of my shellshocked self, leading me from the table to the 2shot area with a firm grip on my hands, talking at me the whole time. I felt kinda bad so I steeled myself for when I went back for a handshake in the next block. That time I was able to tell her where I came from, to which she suddenly stuck her face right in mine and said "Thank You!" in English.

Next was AKB's Watanabe Mayu. Getting a ticket for her was totally unexpected back when I put out a bunch of random bids in the resale bidding block that I thought I wouldn't win. I'm not that big a fan of hers and I had no idea what she'd be like. Picked up a 2shot stub and had a bunch of wota look at me enviously whilst I went "ohshi- what do I do?" I had initially planned on telling her that 0048 was great but when I was pushed into the booth and faced with the great cyborg herself, I clammed up. She's got this overwhelmingly intimidating aura that was only augmented when she decided to be really formal with me. Managed a weak hello that she answered with 'konnichiwa, yoroshiku onegaishimasu' and a 'i'm from australia' that she answered with 'ah! yoroshiku onegaishimasu'. Took the 2shot and left after she said 'yoroshiku onegaishimasu' again but with a handshake this time.

What followed would be a mad rush to see Milky, Ainyan, and Yui, before I had to leave asap since it was getting late and I had other plans. Prioritised Milky (NMB's Watanabe Miyuki) and pre-queued for her. I was 4th in line and had 2 tickets so I had hopes for a 2shot. The wota in front and behind me all got handshakes and they urged me to open my stubs so I did in front of them and got... 2x 2shots! Would have traded one for a handshake to spread the love but they only had single tickets and the stubs were all labelled. Went into the booth and Milky greeted me with an extremely weird-sounding phrase in kansai-ben. I had no idea what it was and it completely threw me off. So she stared into my eyes while holding my hand before I was able to stammer out that I'm from Australia. She replied that that's where her beloved Koalas are from then led me to the 2shot area. After the first 2shot, which was taken by strangely happy and giggly staff, Milky somehow tripped on the flat ground into me. Lots of epic fanservice since this allowed me to catch her for a second or two. I asked if she was alright and she said 'un' and continued staring into my eyes while the female staff giggled over in the corner. It seemed like forever before I realized I still have another 2shot to take so I asked her to decide on the pose. She showed me what to do and explained it slowly, took the 2shot, said goodbye and I left. I was in there for what could possibly have been a full 2 minutes thanks to the friendly staff! 2 minutes of heaven, I say.

Hopped over to NMB's Fukumoto Aina's line and picked up a handshake stub. Went in to say hello, told her I'm from Australia and that she's awesome. She started the usual 'oh wow overseas?!' and then proceeded to yell over in my direction about how cool that was as the staff pushed me out of the booth.

AKB's Yokoyama Yui was last. The line proceeded really quickly and I sadly only picked up a handshake stub since I didn't finish with Milky and Ainyan quickly enough to be in front of the pre-queue. Got in the booth to have my eyes destroyed by her extremely blue onepiece dress. I said hello, she said hello, and then I was thrown out of the booth. It was probably only 3 seconds compared to the 10-15 seconds I got with the other members.

tl;dr Milky was frigging awesome and I don't care if it's all a trap

3. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Great write-ups everyone - it's great to see this thread so active.

(I really need to get HS tickets for Milky lol)

Will have a write-up of the 100th performance of A6 and a NotTV show in a couple days myself. My theater luck continues to be strong :lol:

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    11/4/2012 SKE48 "Kiss Datte Hidarikiki" National Handshake Event at Port Messe Nagoya

When this event was announced I debated making the trip. I don't have a Railpass this time around, and it is my first full day in Japan. But two things compelled my to go to this event...

1) Kuumin's sudden graduation announcement. I really wanted to be there so I could see her announcement in person.

2) The fact that AKB's stages are brand new will make it even harder to win a show, so I better jump on any event I have access to!

Anyway, grabbed the 6am Shinkansen out of Tokyo, which would get me to the exhibition hall around 8:15 if all went well. The queue was pretty big, around 2/3 of the way around the venue, and as I queued up I heard someone talking to me in English. After a brief conversation I found out it was someone who was friends with a member of this forum. So cool! I have someone to pal around with for the event!

As I entered we drew tickets to see which section we would get to stand in. Luckily I got section A which was the closest to the stage. It was half-full when I got there, but most everyone was right down the middle, so I got a spot on the left side right behind the women's section. Perfect view! Nobody of significant height in front of me! Now it was time for the two hour wait for the show to start while sitting on a concrete floor. PAIN!!! These standing-only shows on a concrete floor are just murder on my ankles!!! Each section began to pack up, and eventually it was time for the show to begin...

Kuumin did the Kage-ana, which drew a lot of reaction from the crowd. First two songs were Banzai Venus and Chime wa Love Song, great songs to begin the show. Banzai Venus is my favorite SKE single, and it drew memories of going to that release event in Tokyo a year and a half ago! It took me a minute, but I finally found Masanya dancing in the back. Churi and Kuumin were right in front.

After the first two songs Yuasa came out and made the announcement about the new theater, then it was time for Kuumin's oficial announcement...

She didn't really cry, but she seemed to be at a loss for words. Very long pauses and she kept looking at Yuasa-san with a sort of "Help Me!" look. But eventually with the help of the fans she got through it.

We were then treated to two unit songs. First was Namida no Shounan, which I don't believe I had ever seen performed live before. I love that song. It was tight quarters, so it was tough for me to do the hand movements. BTW, Yuria was center, and Shawako seemed to be second lead. Aside from Kato Rumi, I don't remember who else participated. After that was Ookami to Pride performed by the two birthday girls, Ogiso and Kanon! Masanya's birthday is on Tuesday, but I think it is bad luck to prematurely celebrate?

The birthday girls got flowers, and notes read to them. Yukiko read a note for Shiori, and Rena (!?!) for Kanon. The crowd seemed surprised by that. Airi pretty much lead the MC, which I thought was pretty neat. Oh, and when they read the prize winners, I almost thought I had won the 2-shot. I was one digit off, too bad!

The girls finished with the Akagumi song, and Kiss Datte. Too bad Anna was in Tokyo, the Shirogumi song is my favorite on the single!

Everyone took a one hour break. Then it was time for handshakes. I had four tickets, which was probably perfect since I needed to get back to Tokyo before 7pm (or so I thought) Evreryone got one handshake to start, then when everyone was done you could go back as often as you had tickets. There was also a goods line, with some really cool stuff. But the line seemed insanely long. So I skipped it for the time being (going to another SKE event next week)

Handshake #1: Kuumin and Yukiko. I just knew Kuumin's line would be insane, and it totally was. Even more than staff expected. They had to redesign the queue to accomodate the fans. These handshakes are so quick that you basically can say one little thing and move on. I congratulated Kuumin on her graduation, and for Yukiko I simply told her where I was from since I had never talked to her before.

#2: Masanya and Shiitan. Oya's line was pretty small, I got greeted by the ole' "long time no see" Masanya asked me how I have been. Kinda chummy, I like it! Shiori was a first time meeting, so I basically told her that Team S is great!

#3: Shawako and Seira. Last time I met Sawako she made a big deal out of the line "Nice to Meet You" So I came in and sang it with her. She sang too and laughed. That was fun! Aas for Seira. I couldn't just come out nd tell her she looks sensational in a bikini, could I? My friend thought I should, but I didn't want to get slapped! So I went with "Seira-san no solo PV sugoi!" She really liked that I said that. I think I need to make Seira part of my regular handshake rotation!

#4: Churi. I had plenty of time, and one more ticket. Since my new friend was a Rena fan I decided to queue with her over there. After all, the line was moving pretty well. However, they closed it for Rena to take what seemed like a never-ending break! So we bailed and went for Kaotan, but her line was really long too. I wanted to go to Akarin, but I think her line was longest of all. So I went for Churi who had a very short queue all day.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to say to Churi, so I basically said that her Solo PV was cool too. I am not sure if she remembered me or not (Masanya and Kuumin did, Sawako may have) But she was very sweet and focused on what I was trying to say.

The only bummer of the day was that I ended up not needing to get back to Tokyo so soon after all. So I could have stayed for goods and more handshakes. But that's okay. I am going to SKE's event in Yokohama next week.

Anyway, I am still dead tired from the jetlag so it was probably for the best. Hopefully I will have more fun stuff to talk about in the next couple of weeks!

5. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Not exactly an experience but...

So at my uni right now in the UK, there are students from unis in Kansai who are here on exchange.

So not too long ago, I was talking to one of these girls, and it was brought up that I'm a NMB and Sayanee fan.
    And so she randomly commented:
    "Oh, nmb. my friend's younger sister is in nmb."
    And I was like ehsss really?? And I asked her who.

And she said "Shiroma Miru" lol.
    Woots a Team N girl :D
    And she didn't seem to know any other nmb girl other than mirurun and sayanee (the kansai girls I have met here here generally seem to all know nmb but as for member only sayanee and that's it lol.)

haha cool story anyway, didn't think it'll ever happen to me but it did so XD

So in terms of degrees of separation, I'm just 3 degrees away from mirurun.
    And 4 degrees away from my oshi and the rest of nmb. *shot*

6. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Team A - Mokugekisha - 10/11/2012

I ended up with a last minute, somewhat unplanned trip to Tokyo this October. My original plan was to see Ayu's final show of her tour at Yoyogi, but my AKB48 Theater luck came through once again. Even though I could only apply for 3 shows, I snagged an ippan win for Team A.

Finally - after winning B5 so many times, a chance to relive my first Theater Stage.

As usual, I got to the Theater early to check in. Ended up with ticket #40 - but kicking myself for not getting there even earlier (more on that in a moment). The audience mix was interesting - lots of women for this show. I almost wondered if I had accidentally applied for a women-only show. Took my obligatory wristband/ticket picture and hung out in Donki waiting for the time to line-up.

I noticed there were a lot of VIPs for the show. A few were even taken into the theater for a bit (guess maybe a mini-tour). Then they were parked off to the side until it was time to start seating. VIPs went in first (probably about 10 in total), then 3 Super Enpou (yes - you read that correctly), then the women, families, couples, and enpou. Before they even started calling groups, the entire middle section was nearly full except for the first few rows.

Then the first group was called and it was... 1 - 9! The entire place went "oooooooooooohhhhhh". Then after what seemed to take forever (or pretty much half the groups), our group was called. Thankfully the lobby was quiet so I could actually hear our group being called - because I had the lead.

When I got in there wasn't much time to figure out where to go. All the seats were taken - even the pillar blocked ones, the center standing section was 2 deep, and the others were filling fast. I went straight forward and managed to nab the last front spot at the rail on the left side. Center stage was still pillar blocked, but I had a clear shot to stage right. Unfortunately, several of the girls decided to park behind me - therefore giving them a 'mobile pillar of death' to contend with as well. I was almost going to offer to let them move in front of me - but realized that it would technically be a violation of theater rules.

'Miniskirt no yosei' was all 14th gen, very solid performance. Kind of hoping that Nakkii would be there, but the performance was from Hikari, Kojimako, and Naachan.

Once Team A came out, I realized I picked the right spot to stand. I pretty much had Mocchi and Wasamin in front of me for most of the show. In fact, I think I was grinning from ear to ear for most of the first set. I completely forget to even look to center or the right. I stared at them so much, I was worried it was going to be too noticeable.

The audience was really into the show. I ended up clapping throughout the entire performance, something I rarely do. Had a little pressure to do this, as I was in clear sight of the girls on stage the entire time. The girls around me felt the same. They were trying to dance and wave as much as possible in the tight confines. Many were big Mariko, Nattsumi, and Haachan fans, they would shout louder than anyone whenever either had a solo line.

I noticed there was a lot of live singing that night, which was good. The dance performances were a bit rough, but once the MCs started it became obvious that some of the members were a bit under the weather. Shiichan could barely talk (she really deserves props for performing that night at all)

It was definitely a blast seeing this stage live again. I love the first set, and for units, I got a double-dose of Mocchi and Rabutan, covering both of the ballads. Haachan did a good job with Takamina's solo (that is a hard song to do live). Though for me the highlight of the units was Enjou Rosen. I still feel that the second set is a bit slower, but the encore makes up for that. (by the way, took a long time to get it going that night. The girl next to me is the one who actually ended up kicking it off).

The final song was Gingham Check, and then while we waited to exit they played the UZA PV (which I could see absolutely none of due to the pillar).

Then it was time for the high-touch.

I got out the door and bam there was Wasamin. I got a quick arigatou in before I moved past. She did let out a little 'oh' when she realized I wasn't Japanese, but I doubt that she remembers me from March. Then it was down the line to Mocchi...

Which is when the magic happened.

We did the high touch and suddenly her eyes went wide. She completely lit up, her smile got twice as big, and she gave me a big 'oohhh - hisashiburi desu ne!' and then waved as I moved down the line. I missed the next three-four girls in line as I looked back and said 'hisashiburi' back to her (she was still looking at me even as other fans were going by). Then I believe it was Mariko who turned to her and asked "Hisashiburi?!?!"

I'll be honest - that's about all I remember from the theater. I literally was in a complete daze as I headed out of Donki and over to the Cafe for dinner.

However, this is not the end of my Team A adventures this trip. More on that in my next post...

7. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

^I think I just literally died from your post, getting a "hisashiburi" from Mocchi would be awesome.

I can't wait for Sunday, a friend got me some handshake tickets (2 to be precise) my first handshake event :D

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    2012/11/07 Team K Waiting Stage

These days I am always concerned whether or not I am going to win a show during my visit. But I got a win, so all is good. This would be my 30th theater show. Although I really have no favorite members in the new Team K, I liked the look of their setlist from the shonichi last week. So here are my impressions...

I guess my luck ran out when it came to the entrance lottery. I had ticket #91, and our group was third to last called in. I found a snug little spot in the back on the far wall. Not very close to the girls, but I had a clear view of 90% of the stage with one pillar blocking the "right of center" position.

(as far as the new id check system goes, they check your id when you buy your ticket, and check it again when you walk into the theater. Your name is supposedly on the ticket, but mine has no name on it. So I'm not sure what they were looking at.)

This stage really has the feel of a classic Team K show. It has a good amount of Original Team K members, and for some reason I kept looking at Shimada and mistaking her for Sae. Must have been the haircut? Anyway, the first three songs are Classic K setting a nice tone for the show overall. I had never seen Seishun Girls performed live before, and it is one of my favorite AKB songs :inlove:

As for the units, I think the girls overall need a bit of time to truly "own" these songs. I DID like the Sayaka/Nagao version of Anata no Christmas Eve, and Kitarie did well leading Kataomoi. Glory Days was in dire need of a more powerful lead than Tomu, and Himawari...well, it just felt like a sedated version. I always think of that song as powerful and exciting. Granted, I could not see Yuttan as she was behind the pillar. But the other three need to emote more (IMO)

It felt as if things kicked back into gear once the units were done. Lots of good songs done in rapid-fire succession. Alive and Hashire Penguin were good, but the girls really cranked it up for Korogaru. As for the encore, nice song choices and Sougen no Kiseki was a fitting end, just cementing the "K" feel.

As for the stand out members. I thought all of the "Ori K" girls were great, especially Sayaka, Yuttan, Kana...as well as super-genki Chikarina. I focused on Nakayan and Chiichan for much of the show, so I enjoyed their performances. Aamin is really blossoming as a performer and with her stage presence! Lastly, I was impressed with Nagao, and Shimada who looked rather cute!

During High-touch, no big moments to report since none of my favorites are on this team. I have met many of them before, but it was some time ago so I would be surprised if they remembered me unless they watched those Fuji shows. But I did get elevated reactions from Sayaka, Mocchi (who probably thought I was Tensai XD) and Natsumin.

Next up for me, Handshake mania this weekend. Finally I get some Wasamin facetime!

9. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    thanks for the feedback

i thought i was a real akb fan because i went to a theater performance once,

but when i look at your profile i feel like a total NOOB lol
    My respect, sir.

10. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    She is completely awesome and really deserves a lot more attention than she gets IMHO. In fact if I wasn't so devoted to Yui, I would oshihen in a heartbeat.

@Cristafari - really happy that you won a show, especially since it's one of the 'waiting stages'. Keeping my fingers crossed for my next trip. Really hope that Wasamin saw or at least heard about the show on Saturday - looking forward to that HS event report!

11. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Pretty late posting this lol...

So i won a KKS Boku no Taiyou 1800 show last sunday (4 Nov). This would be my seventh theater show i've seen... 7 is a good luck number right? lol.Got to the theater with plenty of time to spare. Went ahead and bought my ticket and was kinda surprised that they don't do wristbands anymore (HRP informed me later on that TGSK had announced this change a while back.) So now the tickets has your name (located to the right of your zip code):

[​IMG]

While waiting for people to start lining up to their designated numbers, i went ahead and filled out birthday cards for Miichan and Okada Nana since their birthdays were coming up pretty soon. After I got done, i went ahead and lined up with the rest. I looked at my ticket number and it was 39, the last show i went to i had number 49 and the 30-39 group went in first, i always wondered what it would be like to be up the front center row, i would think that it would be literally the best seat in the theater.

So the lottery starts, and the theater staff calls out...

Group 30 to 39!

It took a moment to realize that i will be seeing the show UP CLOSE! I went inside and when i got to the front it looked like the front center row was taken up and i was about to settle for the Super Enpou seats... then a theater staff up front was saying that there is a seat available in the front center... and there, i rushed(speed-walked) to the available seat. SCORE! I was pretty much two seats to the right of the center stage position. It still felt so unreal to be seating up front(I've mostly been standing for majority of the time I've been inside the theater, which isn't bad to be honest).

Kage-ana was done by Yukarun, and i told myself, "for this girl to do kage-ana, i'm gonna be in for a great experience!" LOL and boy was i right. The theater was cold that night, and the girls warmed me up with their performance. During the first set of songs, i was looking at mostly Hirari and Moe (Miyupon here and there when she was infront of me) but this one girl would always make eye contact with me and smile, and I "hooked in" by Mikichan (Nishino Miki) seriously, throughout this whole stage we would both make eye contact, and she would just make me smile, and i can't control it lol! During Himawari (Mikichan's unit), she would often look at my direction and give me a smile while singing and even during their MC afterwards... she was so adorable! She is seriously turning into one of my favorite KKS then. Overall another great Boku no Taiyou performance.

For the Hi-Touch, it went by smoothly, with hardly any pushing from the staff lol. Usually it's just a regular high five, but some girls are gently grasping your hand with a beautiful smile on their faces. when i came up to Mikichan, she lit up with a huge smile... BAM! she got me... after that show, on my train ride back, i went ahead and applied to get a HS ticket with her for the Janken single... I can't wait now!!!

So long story short...

[​IMG]

ONE OF THE BEST THEATER SHOWS I'VE SEEN!!!!

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  13. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    NOTTV - AKB48 no anta dare? - 10/12/2012

The last Friday I was in Tokyo, I spent most of the day hanging with folks from the Fuji TV show and Memorybreak. We decided to all head over to Akihabara in the afternoon to eat at the Cafe, and try to get into a NOTTV broadcast.

For those not familiar, NOTTV is a service for Docomo Mobile customers, that broadcasts TV shows and other content. AKB48 has been pretty heavily involved, hosting a live show weekdays from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm. They film it at the theater area in the AKB48 Cafe, and anyone can line up for a chance to watch and participate in the taping.

Each show usually features 4 members. Today it was supposed to be Aamin, Rabutan, Nattsumi, and Haachan. But Aamin wasn't feeling well (I had noticed that a bit the night before at the Team A show), and Chiichan replaced her.

In order to attend, all you need to do is wait outside the Cafe at 4:00 pm and let the staff know you want to see the show. They line everyone up in rows in the order that you arrive, and give everyone a number. There is about 40 seats or so in the theater area, and on an average day about 120 people show up. Not great odds, but still better than the theater.

We all lined up - though I ended way behind everyone else because a fan from Korea recognized me from the TV Show in July - even had a photo of me on his phone o_O Then they started calling out numbers, and in the end it was only myself and Melody (Ebi48) who won tickets to the show.

Once your number is called, you go to the take-out counter and turn in your number and get a ticket for the show and a drink ticket (you select what type of drink you want basically). You are then lined up in the order that you won, and after a short wait are led into the theater area.

I was one of the last people in, so ended up in the back row. Melody was a little ahead of me and to the right. There was a survey they wanted us to fill out (which would be used later in the show). Unfortunately, it was a ton of kanji and while I had a vague idea of what they were asking (which of the member do you want to be your girlfriend and who do you not want to be your girlfriend), I ended up just writing down an explanation that I couldn't read kanji (in hiragana no less). Then I turned in my survey and the waitress came by to drop off my ginger ale.

The director gave a basic explanation of what was going to happen, how we would participate (basically shouting Anta Dare!), and asked who wasn't from the Tokyo area. There were a few from outside of Tokyo, and then Melody and myself. Melody attracted a lot of attention being from France (and very cute to boot), whereas I got stuck behind the one guy taller than me (and pretty much couldn't be seen for most of the show). That's when we were told that we were in for a special surprise, Rabutan was also not feeling well (lol - if you watch the LOD from the Team A show, Shiichan planted a big kiss on her cheek. Not surprised), and Wasamin was filling in and was going to sing).

Then the girls came out to greet everyone, and completely went nuts over Melody (lots of waving). The show itself is pretty much broken into 4 segments, with each girl getting an appeal segment at the end.

- Segment 1 was Chiichan's. The theme was explaining things to a guy, first one of the other girls would make and attempt and then Chiichan had to do the 'sexy oneesan' version. I will say this - she is a very sexy oneesan :drool:

- Segment 2 was Haachan. There was a box with a number of balls in it. From what I can gather, all but one required her to do something fans on G+ had suggested. Her goal was to get to the one that didn't have the G+ request, and of course she kept pulling those requests. Essentially she had to keep saying one embarrassing thing after another - which got her more and more flustered. But it was a riot to watch.

- Segment 3 was everyone, but was really the Wasamin segment. The girls had to act out an MC at their first solo live, introducing their first solo hit (which they had to name on the spot and I think had to involve food), and then sing the first verse and chorus (which they had to make up I think). I'm trying to remember now, but I believe Chiichan sang a song about broccoli, Haachan's was something about chicken, and Wasamin did a variant of Mujin Eki. Then everyone started shouting Encore for Wasamin, and she did a solo live of Aiko's 'Kira Kira'. Which as an Aiko fan I can say is a hard song to pull off, and Wasamin was amazing. (Also explains why we heard it playing in the Cafe earlier that afternoon).

- Segment 4 was the results of the survey, where the girls had to guess who was the most popular and least popular in terms of fans wanting them to be their girlfriend. I kind of lost track at this point, but it was pretty much the Nattsumi segment.

One thing I found a lot of fun was the appeal segments. Each girl would go off to the side to film it, and you couldn't really see that much other than what was broadcast on the screen. But while they were doing that 3 minute appeal, they would play some random AKB48 song in the background. Which naturally got the girls waiting on stage dancing. It was really cute to watch them doing the various dances to each song (and you could tell they were having a blast doing it).

The final thing before the end was the group photo:

[​IMG]

(I'm below the Lucky sign and Melody is the 2nd person back in between Wasamin and Haachan - gold hair and doing the V )

Then the show was over, and as the girls were leaving Melody got a lot of waves (especially from Wasamin and Chiichan). Then we exited and got a little souvenir keychain (Aamin) and I think a discount coupon for Docomo service.

It was a lot of fun, and I'm going to recommend anyone visiting Tokyo try to get into one of the shows!

14. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I can't write my experience for now because I have other things to do... but I will after, for now I can just tell you I went to the handshake event and picked Takamina and Akicha and Harugon... one word... amazing! :inlove:

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    AKB48 "Gingham Check" Individual Handshake Meeting at Tokyo Big Sight 2012/11/10

Finally...After being here for over a week I am going to have a chance to talk to Wasamin. I mean damn, I know it is hard to win shows these days. And I was lucky enough to win a K show. But it's frustrating knowing Wasamin is down the street from me and I can't see her.

But I had Saturday. I decided to try a new tactic for this event. Instead of getting multiple tickets for a few girls, I would get single tickets for more members. This would give me a chance to meet some new faces. Of course I still had 7 Wasatickets!

I also wondered how many fans would recognize me from the Fuji show. Anyway, here we go!

Slots 1-3 (sandwiched around all of my Wasamin tix, which were also slots 1-3)

Tanabe Miku: Tanamin always dresses cute, and I always tell her that. She has a such a pretty face! But the best part was when I came out and met a guy from Tanamin's birthday committee. Turns out they were giving away gifts for people who signed birthday cards, including a poster of her in uniform as a Safety Officer for Shiga Pref. So we hoofed it over to her birthday table, where it turned out quite a few of them had watched the Fuji special. So they knew I was a Wasafan but they didn't know I liked Tanamin too. I ended up hanging out with them for quite a while.

Sato Natsuki: First time I had ever spoken to Nacchi. I told her that I enjoyed her guitar playing, which she enjoyed hearing. Very nice girl. And as with all idols, she looked even cuter in person...wearing an oversized sweater.

Oya Masana: I asked her how she was, and she gave me a really long response. 99% of which I didn't get. Something about being nervous about something...I think. I have two more Masanya tickets for Sunday. I need to think of some good stuff to say!

Matsumura Kaori. Dressed in the Joysound promotional outfit. Kaotan is like "shot out of a cannon". She does this crazy cross-handed shake with you, and she holds onto you tightly until the guard has to drag you out. She did this with everyone. Anyway, when I told her I loved Do-re-mi-fa-onchi she went nuts. Joysound??? I said, Next Girls kakkoi! Then she went all the way with "Oshimen??? Oshimen???" pointing to herself. Man, Kaotan scared the shit out of me with her oshi-power play. And I have another ticket for her tomorrow? Sheesh!
    Slot 4

Katayama Haruka: Wearing a cute and classy black and white outfit. Very Haa-like. My friend told me she had a rabbit named milk-kun with her. So I went in expecting to see this rabbit. When I didn't, I asked her where milk-kun was. She said he was at home? Eeeehh?

Ichikawa Miori: I walked in and did her greeting from MG3, which made her giggle. I mainly told her she was great on Majisuka this season. Miorin is always adorable.

Komori Mika: For starters, I got an English "Hello" from Mikapon. That's new. Mika always looks "sporty-cute" at events. She had on a letterman sweatshirt, with a cute little hat and tight pants. I told Komorin that I saw Tokyo Runway, and that I would support her all the way as a Model. She responded "Kakkoi!" Later on I saw her again and told her I hoped she gets to perform in a lot of B shows. her response? "Kakkoi!" Komori is so funny!

An aside...Once again it makes me sad that Komori has her share of antis. She is sooooo sweet, and soft, and demure, with that look of wonder in her eyes. If you ever meet her you would know there is absolutely nothing to hate about this girl!
    Slot 5

Nakamata Shiori: I had never met her before, and to be honest I was at a loss for what to say. So after I introduced myself I think a rambled something off about smart girls being cool. Anyway, she probably thought I was odd. Sorry Shiori!

Nito Moeno: Poor little Moeno, looked soooo sick. I asked her if she was okay, and she of course said yes. But I knew better. I spied her later on with other fans, her eyes were literally rolling back into her head. I noticed she didn't blog last night, probably went straight to bed. I heard later that she was up all night doing a radio show. So perhaps she was merely tired.
    Slot 6

Yokoyama Yui: In the past Yui has always asked me where I was from. This time I walked in and she immediately pointed to me and said. "Whoah! California!" "Sugoi!!" I said. I spent the handshake being flabbergasted by that exchange. I also told her that her Kyoto TV show was beautiful.

Sato Amina: Black and white dress with a studded collar. I had been watching Amina all day from other queues. I decided to reintroduce myself since the only time I had met Amina was at New York, and that was ages ago. When she noticed I was looking at her collar, she immediately pointed to the fact that it said "Eat Me". I just went, "Uh oh, Eccchi!" and she giggled. Suffice it to say that hearing Amina proudly say "Eat Me" was one of the highlights of the day.

And the best for last (Slots 1-3)...

Iwasa Misaki: What can I say that I haven't already said in previous encounters with Wasamin? She is my oshimen, and she knows it. I have noticed I get fewer "I love you"s from Wasamin as she gets older. Instead I get "Hello Chris-san!" She seemed to be proud of the fact that she remembers my name now. But we had lots of fun. During my 7 tickets she sang for me (Do-re-mi-fa-onchi), she danced for me, I congratulated her on her 2nd single. Oh, she asked me to come and support the release. Uh oh! I hadn't planned on coming back that quickly. What to do??? I can't disappoint Wasamin!

But the best exchange was the last one. By then I had been talking to a number of her fans. And they were telling her about my TV appearance. They also told her I said she could speak English, which she vehemently denied! So when I got to her I told her she had the best fans. She responded "I love them" So I said "And I love you Wasamin" She put her arms out and said "I Love YOUUUUUUUUU", which got everyone in the queue laughing. It was the perfect finale to the 7 tickets!
    Later on I was asked to be part of the Wasamin Birthday Committee. So now I am an honorary member! Kyaaa!!!

So there ya go, an awesome day!

Other members I got a close look at due to booth proximity: Myao, Suuchan, Micha, Miyumiyu, Kana, Reinyan, Minarun, Mariko Nakamura, Akarin, Natsumin, Sakippe, Ayarin, Harugon, Kato Rena.

Sunday was SKE handshake day. I will post about that soon!

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So there wasn't much rest between the AKB48 handshake event I posted about previously and the SKE event the very next day. So I was off for more idol interaction 12 hours later. But before that...

These reports are completely out of order anyway, so why not throw this little chance encounter. Petelechem, Memorybreak and I spent the better part of Monday cruising the shops for various pics, magazines and whatnot. This was all in preparation for the NOTTV lottery later in the afternoon. Memorybreak was our sole winner, and I am sure he will post about it here very soon...

Running into idols in public...

Anyway, Petelechem and I headed back to the Donki from the cafe to handle a few errands. When we were about to cross the street in front of UDX a taxi pulled up. I grabbed Pete and told him to stop as I saw Miorin, and then Miyumiyu jump out of the car. It is theater taboo to bother the girls when they are entering/leaving the theater, so I made sure we kept our distance until the girls got inside safely. That is the fifth time I have run into an idol in public. So to those of you who have asked if it happens...indeed it does! But it is always best to give them their space!

SKE "Kiss Date Hidarikiki" Individual Handshake Event at Pacifico Yokohama 2012/11/11

This was my third handshaking event of the trip. I was going to see a few old friends, and a few new girls too. Funny thing, of all the girls I had tickets for the one I was most excited about was a lower tier Team E member. The forecast was for heavy rain, so it was a great day to be spending inside a venue for 8-10 hours! Leading off...

Matsui Rena: This was my first time actually getting to talk to Rena. I was wondering, did I make the right choice? (Choosing Rena over J) But in the end Rena was very sweet, and a good experience overall. When I told her where I was from she exclaimed something to the effect of "You came from San Francisco? Sugoi" BTW, all of the SKE senbatsu were dressed in the outfits from the single. Kind of a royal blue seifuku.

Matsumoto Rina: Another first time meeting. But it was strange. Rina looked much different from when I have seen her before. I'll say no more. But when I got to her she said "Oh, Hello!" I told her I was from the US. She said "I am Japanese", to which I responded that I was not Japanese. (hehe)

Takayanagi Akane: As much as I like Churi I always seem to be at a loss for what to talk to her about So I just asked my standard Churi fallback question. "Genki desu ka? Papitan genki?" Any time you can steer your Churi convo into a bird convo becomes instant success.

Oya Masana: I had two tickets. On the first one she exclaimed " Aitakatta!!!" That's so neat, she wanted to see me! But by the second ticket she looked tired (sick?). I asked if she was okay, and she said she was cold. I told her I would see her in 2013. she repeated it back...oh hai hai!

Matsumura Kaori: Kaotan's line reminds me of Nachu's line when SDN was around. A lot of manic and comedic action going on. But this time Kaotan took it a little bit easier with me compared to the previous day in Tokyo. "Push Push? Watashi? Push Push?" She is great! Later on I made sure to sign a birthday card for her.

Hiramatsu Kanako: I haven't done a handshake with her for a while. I did the "Myuku Myuku" catchphrase with her, and asked if her leg was better. She was standing, which is a good indication. She pointed to her leg and gave me the "OK" sign. Good to know. She looked so sad the last time I saw her.

Takagi Yumana: Okay, this was great! On my last trip she was positioned next to Wasamin during the GM5 event. She had nobody in her line, and every time I looped Wasamin's line I would wave to her. She waved back to me every time. So I waited for her queue to empty, then I went for it. Was there a possibility she would remember that exchange 7 months ago? She did, and she laughed so hard when I told her that! Anyway, it was a great official first time meeting. I will surely go back to her next time I have a chance!

Ishida Anna: Is always so sweet and cute. I told her I loved the Shirogumi song, which she was wearing the outfit of. She had a few more people in her queue than before. So perhaps her popularity is getting a small rebound after her promotion to Team B. I hope so. Anyway, I wished her luck in AKB

Yagami Kumi: Like last week in Nagoya, I wished her luck after graduation and told her that I hoped to see her again.

Suda Akari: First of all, this was the last slot. Normally the most popular members are getting pretty tired by now (see Masanya) But not Akarin. No way! She had made these little towel dogs., which she had lined up in front of her. I asked "Kore wa?", and she started barking. "Arf Arf!" Typical Akarin...on fire! I told her she was cool, and cute. She is such a blast to talk to!

Hata Sawako: My last ticket of the event, Shawako is always going to be a fun experience. I congratulated her on the new theater and told her I wanted to see KII3, she tried to say something in English but got tongue tied, while holding me back from the guard. Eventually the guard won out and Sawako didn't get to tell me what she wanted to say.

Oh, and...

Kato Rumi: called in sick to the event, so I didn't get a chance to say hello :(

And that was it. My handshaking events were completed for the trip!

17. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

First handshake event ever for me:

Gingham check, 11 November at the Seibu dome.

I was really nervous and excited about the event. Luckily I didn't got lost on my way to the dome, and when I saw people with AKB buttons and a man cosplaying an AKB48 member with make up and everything, I knew I was going the right way. but before... how I got my tickets? a dorm mate told me she had a lot of extra tickets and needed the money, so she wanted to sell some tickets, so since she saw I was a big fan of AKB48 she decided to sold me two. :inlove: I was so excited when I received them, it was going to be my first AKB48 event ever.

When I got off the train, I was pleased to know Seibu Dome was literally besides the station, which made things a lot easier. I got there about 9:30 AM (the event was scheduled for 12:30). There were about 10,000 people lining up already, so I was really surprised how many people were coming to the event. The thing that pleased me the most was that there were lots of kids with their mothers and couples holding hands, really, people who say AKB48 is just for nerdy and perverted old men disgust me...

I had the intention of buying a light stick and a takamina towel if they had, but the line for the goods was really long and the entrance one was packed, so before I would get an awful seat or denied the entrance I decided to line up. I tried to contact my friend from the dorm and some other friend that loves AKB and lives in Japan, but neither of them had arrived yet, so they told me to just line up. People were looking at me really weird when I was speaking at the phone... maybe because they didn't knew what language I was speaking in :D

After the long wait (I would say about an hour) and seeing lots of cute fanmade AKB48 uniforms that kids about 8 years old, I got exchanged one of my handshake tickets for the actual ticket and the first handshake one. They told me after the first handshake I could retrieve the other ticket I had. Anyways, I asked a security staff to help me find my seat and they were really nice explaining to me my seat. I got in the seats of the left hand side (viewed from the stage) and in row 12, so I wasn't in a really bad seat (AKB48 looked like cute ants dancing though...) afterall. I discovered they gave the seats in cronological order depending on the time of arrival because the man with the AKB48 cosplay was seating infront of me and a person I saw in the line was besides me.

I was really anxious and my heart was pounding, I was finally meeting AKB48. It is an experience I will never forget. I started talking with a man besides me, he asked me first if I spoke japanese and I told him "yes, but just basic though". Nevertheless, I could also reflect my japanese is really improving and I could talk with him during all the event and at the end we interchanged phone numbers. His oshi is Yui and he had been supporting AKB48 for the same time as me (2 years). He was really nice and he was really amazed I knew about the senbatsu and that Yui cries a lot during her speeches. Before the event there was a radio program with Karen and other girls chatting and such... there was a segment were they focused wotas and little kids at the cameras, there was one girl with the heavy rotation PV costume :inlove: and the wotas did some hardcore wotagei infront of the cameras,it was really funny. I really liked the environment. There were some security guards, but not as annoying like in other events I have gone in Japan were they are stalking you if you try to take a picture or something.

When it was 12: 30, a man came up stage and apologized of the delay, so he told us to wait a little more. It is nice they appreciate and care about giving an advice, usually in other concerts I have gone, the artists appears an hour after the planned (and sings for less than the planned) but after 20 minutes, the smoke was turned on and the overture started. I did the mixes as much as I could, so I was happy about it.

The songs they played were : Oogoe diamond, Manatsu no sounds good, flying get, ghingam check and Dareka no tameni. They seemed to be EXTREMELY tired, Yuko was not so energic and Takamina had make up covering her shiners. The chants were extremely fun and I think the enviroment that it creates is the best thing in the world, I really enjoyed it, even during the dareka no tameni I was about to cry [blush] it was really a dream come true.

In the MC they were doing some sketches with 4 words chosen by the public and then Yuko draw from a box the members that had to play the sketches. The people chose name members and words like: solo debut, Alpaca and ace. The first sketch wasnt so funny, but still people laughed, or maybe I didnt get it. The second one was EXTREMELY funny, Yuko pulled a ball that said "okama san" the man that serves as a judge in the janken, he did his fast tounge thing that creeped the girls. Yui imitated an alpaca by putting her hands like ears near hear face and moving her head and tounge, it was funny.

After the MC they played the rest of the songs ending with a speech from takamina and the Dareka no tameni song. Then an announcement... Yukirin release solo date and brand release "Yukiring". I was so happy there is finally an official date, but I hope they release the takamina one soon too.

Then of them leaving the stage I went to buy something to eat and I must mention it was really cold and rainy, I got wet when having to leave to re enter and when leaving to the train. I waited to meet with my dorm friend and then of a while, the numbers jumped from the 12,000 number to the 15,000 so it was my turn (I was almost the 14,000).

I was thinking of what to say to Takamina, I knew it would be fast, so I needed to be quick, when I saw her from 3 people left, my heart was pounding, she looked really tired and a bit sleepy, but when it was my turn she got a little surprised and I told her " I will always support you, I am from mexico" in japanese and she replied "oh!, thank you!" in japanese and I got pushed away LOL, it was so worth the wait, I finally shaked my hands with my oshi :inlove: she is so slim and small, but she is really cute and nice, she was not in het best mood though, but I understand she being tired and all, afterall she is a human being; nevertheless, she treated me nice.

After that I was thinking of going with takamina again, but after the last message to fans from Akicha and Harugon (and Sae and Mariya) I was a little bit bad for Akicha, because I really liked her, so since I could go to a handshake with her, I decided to go for it. First, Harugon was really nice, she smiled to me and I was speechless and I told her I was from mexico and she replied "OH!" and I told Akicha "jakarta ganbatte kudasai" which she replied "thank you" and she was really nice, but as well looked tired. I didn't regret going with them, they were really nice and I figured I would not see them in a long time, so I wanted to say to them some words before leaving to Jakarta.

After that, I went home because it was getting really cold, and I can say it was the best that of my idol-fan days. The girls are really fun and the environment is the best, even if you literally see them close about 2 seconds and the mini live is small, it is nice they are still close to some extent with their fans. :awesome:

Hope you enjoyed reading this and sorry if I exagerated, it was my first live event and I was really excited.

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^ An inspiring post, to say the least. Your descriptive wonder was a joy to read. I am glad you had such a great time!

19. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

Nice review guys , glad you guys enjoyed the events .
    Meanwhile i'm really jealous of Christafari , you shook hands with miorin and you saw her on the street :cute:
    Happy for you guys though. [party]

20. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    @ Cristafari - sounds like another awesome trip, you did a ton!

@ luckyone - Gratz on your first handshake and live event - great write-up. Hope you get the chance to experience more while you are there.