Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    How come you forget about Juri :(
    Hahahaha.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry, I did include her at first but then I thought she wasn't really relevant to the conversation, because she wasn't mentioned. As things look right now, Juri would deserve center position before Mion, Komi or Mako, though; and Mion has already received center. I rather see Juri as Yuihan's successor (as in, next soukantoku and not literal successor) than as a center person, though. Maybe it's the last name [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Lol that I can understand. Imo I also can't see Juri standing in center position as in... she's not standing out. like Yukirin in my eyes...a prominent member, sure, but as center...I don't think so. I would say the same about the old Naachan tho.

But I still believe she should given the chance. Juri, I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

It seems you forget about this, the next soukantoku is already decided last year :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  5. Werteryouip

Werteryouip Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    just a random question since i just recently watch the announcement
    why does ogiyuka looks disappointed??
    IMG_20180124_010604.jpg
    yumirin looks cute here she looks likes she is dying from happiness i dont know if its because she was chosen as a single senbatsu or naachan was the center but I think its the latter one

6. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Do you mean 2 years before that?

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    maybe because no kitahara or hinnatan

8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Care to share the link?

After Yuihan AKB will be ruled by Ibaragis.

Rika's inclusion not good enough? [hehe]

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have never seen this before (I guess it's from a Team A performance, and tbh I don't think I've ever seen a Team A stage. I suppose the girl between Yuihan and Juri is who you're talking about, but I also don't know who that is oops [hehe] I don't know too many names, I have to admit

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  10. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Not sure if you are trolling or not :^^;:
    It is from the shuffle, not Team A performance.

11. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    I'm not sure if u knew or not..:p Btw, this is from AKB 12th annivesary stage where they announce shuffle back then.. Okabe Rin as Team A captain.. U can check here.. ;)
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/news-akb48-shuffle-at-akb48-12th-anniversary.20780/

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Who's that girl in your avatar

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I read them. Usually worth a laugh are two. :D

Not them, but.... That is Team 8' Okabe Rin. Team A's soon-to-be Captain.

It showed long ago.:cool:

And......?

Churi and Tomu both ranked in senbatsu, multiple times. Where are their AKB solo center A-sides? Oh right, SSK is not the end all be all metric used to determine Senbatsu lineups, or even the first.

Okada ranked up only because people ahead of her at the 2016SSK, bowed out of 2017SSK. Top16 was also cheaper to rank in, comparatively. (48,000 votes would have got her 13 in 2016) And she did not reach her "goal". Not exactly glowing SSK credentials for Center opportunity.

She is however, one of the most talked about members currently. This is why she is Center. The hype. Well, that and management acutely feeling the need for a revitalization from the new-er gens.;)

14. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

And the same applied to everyone (except Ogiyuka and Sally) above her :huh: Hey. At least she took out a veteran, Kitarie. Also, I find it funny how if Naachan doesn’t rise, there will be all this talk and if she does, she still get all this too. What you’re saying has a negative connotation.
    Probably upset because she isn’t center lol

Or...plot twist; Ogiyuka was originally the center but after the solo con, it got changed to Naachan :awesome:

15. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    That’s Ogiyuka’s grateful face

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I have a thing for educating the ignorant. ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  17. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    When u see the video she doesn't seem disappointed...i think it's cuz she was crying cuz she was selected, plus taking the picture at the wrong time (as she's looking down) that makes her look that way... at times the STU girl (sorry bad with names) also seemed sad cuz she was crying but was actually happy to have been chosen

18. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ehh Suzuki Kanon would be a bad example to give. She was pushed to the far back and given a center reward only because she lost weight. And she was also always dressed in formless, trash bag looking costumes to hide her figure.

19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Ohhhh...so Glad you asked!

Time to bust the Science yo...
    It's basically a female who goes out of her way to look "Handsome" (Masculine)- but Tokyo Girls Style calls it "Cross-Dressing" - The Guy in the Idol group "Lady Beard" is also a Cross Dresser (as he wears girly Maid costumes even though he looks like a Wrestler)- so when a guy does it, like UK Comedian Eddie Izzard, it's often called being a Transvestite.
    here's the article explaining Tokyo's Danso culture
    https://tokyogirlsupdate.com/10-danso-experience-20151063910.html

The Official Tokyo definition of a "Danso" [​IMG]
    Want a 2nd Japanese opinion? Wasa-Bi.com says Danso means "Dressing as Male"
    http://wasa-bi.com/topics/771

Certainly sounds like Okada Nana no? This certainly fits Yurina Hirate (Boyish charms of Keyakizaki46)- Even Mayuyu liked to do Cosplays as Male characters. There are tons of pics of Okada in Male outfits w/ Girl Idols 'swooning' over her. Oh here's a link to them, where admits to being Bi-sexual https://onehallyu.com/topic/324939-akb48-member-okada-nana-comes-out-as-bisexual/page-2

In KPOP they have a "Variation" of this - it's called "Girl Crush"- a tomboyish (often short haired) Handsome or Lesbian-esque clothes style. It's mostly the hair cut but it depends on the rest of the outfit which almost always leaves a few 'Girly' attributes (KPOP never really goes FULL 'Danso' from I've seen).

SO....basically Okada Nana is AKB48's 1st Bi-Sexual cross-dressing Danso "Ace" - similiar to Yurina Hirate (Keyakizaki). Just calling it like it is. Clearly AKI-P knows something we don't - he's gambling the Post-Mayu Era (Chap 3?) on Okada so let's all see where this goes...I have NO Idea what effect this will have on AKB48's future.

**and you all thought I didn't have the research. KomiHaru's only friend sometimes was Okada Nana - I'll always remember her for that.

Oh come on now... I'm an Original Nana-chan fan back to 2014.
    Check the yearly Fan Rankings - I've have Miss Okada in my top 20 since 2015. My fav was when she did that AKBingo show where didn't Blink & Never lost eye-contact w/ the questioner & when she (w/ Miki Nishino) demonstrated the "Halloween Night" dance. I loved her Willowy Hime charms...I still like her in "Tentamou Chu"....but that Nana-chan is gone. The Danso version is all that's left. People change - I get it.
    And there's More Love....
    I think AKI-P's trying to graft his 'Keyakizaki' fanbase onto the AKB one- cause that's what interests him now. Sakura Miyawaki has shorter hair & has admitted to people like ITheBigC (or Fans like him) that she'd LIKE to grow it out but Management (at the time) pressured her into keeping it "short" - Maybe Okada's just playing "Danso" for a 'Character'?? I'll never say I hate (or even Dislike) Okada, I know she's a caring girl who loves her Idol sisters (probably the way I do as well- *wink-wink*).

DANSO isn't for everyone- it's like Broccoli or Cilantro, you either Love or Dislike it. There's 15 other gals in Senbatsu for me to Enjoy. I like to think my 'Trolling' is far more Obvious- lol.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

^That's certainly a lot of words.