TV / Radio Nogizaka Under Construction (2015/04/19 - )

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Apr 13, 2015.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Nice episode this one too.
    I find interesting Kuromi's face when she laughs and she was kinda comfortable.

One thing that really perplexed me in these last episodes, and I hope I'm not the only one is: Matsumura Sayuri.

Really this girl seems so troublesome behind the scenes ans you can get the feeling she makes pressure and is kinda nasty and not caring to kouhai amd their needs and feels.
    She's the one who always wants the best bento, and wants to eat even the best and most expensive things from her kouhai too showing to not care at all about them.
    Then we know she's one of the members who during birthdays eats the cake and then the last members will be lucky enough if they csn eat the leftovers and when Ozono / Bananaman proposed solutions like dividing the cake into 4 parts to let every gen eat its portion, she made bad looks amd went to her "yada yada".

I don't know if it was like that cause it was supposed to be funny, but honestly I believe this is kinda her real behaviour and makes me think: this girl is really egoistic, how can't she be a little more reasonable?

I've always liked Matsumura but if I have to think of a member who could cause tensions and stress especially to kouhai, it's her. And makes me think "maybe it's time for this girl to graduate too", but I don't see Matsumura graduating anytime soon despite her age, so I'm kinda worried if that's her behaviour on the group.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  2. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Personally, I will not worry much as we don't really know behind the scene. We do know her eating pattern from various past episodes, together with Ikuta haha...
    I hope that she and Kaz will stay longer in the group as they are kinda moodmaker in NogiChuu. Prefer the group to have more distinct personalities, rather than the shy and goody types (oops maybe shld put this in unpopular opinion thread [hehe])

3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's been her act for years. It's not real.

So first you insult everyone who doesn't give interesting answers during variety shows, and now when Matsumura gives these answers to spice things up, you are even talking about graduation? You don't ask for much, do you?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Of course I don't want only goody types on the group and I appreciate distinctive traits like Matsumura (and actually I think there should be less goody/shy girls in Nogi) but that funny behaviour Matsumura has and I appreciate on the show, has nothing to do to how the girls act behind the scenes.

With that segment of these last episodes we have known some of the behaviours Matsumura has. She's really egoistic, wants the best all for her and does not care at all about the others and utilize het senpai privilege. And the worse is when they made her notice this she was insisting on still thinking she doesn't want to change that and insisting she wants all the best for her (and then, rightfully, they said "then pay" :^^;:)

How is that not real?
    Shibata exposed bento problem and there we knew Matsumura wants that the meals she prefers are given to her and not taken by her kouhai, and if they choose the other one which has good food too (es. salmon), she wants that too from them.

Then Ito Riria exposed the cake problem, there are members who always eat it first not caring about the others, and Matsumura, of course is one of them.

So yeah, it's real, they talk about behind the scenes things and these are Matsumura behaviours.

And having a funny personality in variety doesn't mean you have to act mean and egoistic behind the scenes and show that you do not care about kouhai and using your senpai privilege. That behaviour has nothing to do with having a lively and funny personality on variety shows.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    i don't really see it as a problem since Matsumura is known as big eater in Nogizaka46 and it already show several times, maybe she gives trouble to the staffs for those tons of request? and seems other member don't really mind it like what happened on Nogidoko Ep 108 and Shitara-san was right when he said that if she wants to eat more then she should buy or pay for it. and what really bothering me is their Kouhai specially 3rd gens it looks like they can't really get along with their senpai off-cam maybe due to showing too much respect to them i hope they able to break that wall so they can get along without any hesitations.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

Back in school Matsumura didn't take other kids' lunch money, she took their lunch.
    -.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I wanna report here Matsumura's speeches during these last 2 episodes and how they're so selfish and troublesome to kouhai.

About the seats on dressing room

Matsumura: For me, seats where I can watch tv are good.
    Then Bananaman talk about how kouhai can sit wherever they feel...
    Matsumura: "But there are issues. Similar to the tv seats, there's also the seat close to the tissues and the seats with the electrical outlets. If they (kouhai) could leave these seats open for us.
    Shitara: "But that is a problem now, these are lot of requests. Can't the tissues get passed around? Don't they belong to everyone?"

Shitara: "That girl is a pain"
    Himura: "She gets all upset when she can't see the dressing room tv"

About the bento and what kind of bento the kouhai shuld leave to their senpai

Matsumura:" I like beef, but salmon is my favourite"
    Caption: this girl is a pain
    Himura: "Just for Matsumura, send her to her own dressing room"
    Shitara: "So you prefer ones with salmon?"
    Matsumura: "It depends on which salmon there is"
    Shitara: "Matsumura is a pain. It's a whole line of troubles"
    Shitara: "So the beef and fish bentos, as long a you (kouhai) leave just 1 of each behind is fine"
    Matsumura: "But please listen to me. Even if you leave behind 2 like that... I like certain parts of the salmon, so if there's a salmon bento I'd like you to leave behind all of them"
    Shitara: "That can't be possible. Could at least you choose between beef and fish?"
    Matsumura: "No, all bentos are subject to my personal preferences..."
    Shitara: "Then pay for it!"
    Shitara: "Choose one of the 2 you want kouhai leave to you, beef or fish"
    Matsumura: "Salmon" Shitara: "Then fish"
    Matsumura: "Eh? But make it beef when it's high grade looking beef"

About the birthday cakes
    Riria: "With some many people involved, we kouhai we all stay in the back and look around at each other, then once everyone up front is gone, all that's left are like some bite sized crumbs".
    Akimoto: "Lately the members that eat cake are already been settled on: myself, Matsumura and Shinuchi"
    Ozono: "If we could always have the birthday girl surrounded by the girls she's close with... they could get the cake too"
    Shitara: "True, that's weird that have to eat the cake just the girls who want it first"
    Himura: "The mandatory cake eater is intimidating her (Ozono) by scowling"
    Caption: completely unnecessary behaviour
    Shitara: "So what if they split the cake by generation? Eveyone could have a chance to eat it"
    Matsumura does a disappointed "eeeeeeeh?"
    Shitara: "there's 4 generations so split the cake in 4 pieces"
    Matsumura: "nooooo, yada yada"
    Shitara: "you need to pay up then"
    Himura: "just like with the salmon..."
    Matsumura: "noooo"
    Matsumura: "then let's do it like that. The senpai come first to pick the good parts, then we'll step aside, and once they've finished, we'll take the leftovers too"

Just to make things clear of how is Matsumura behaviour behind the scenes which seems extremely egoistic, not caring at all about the kouhai, and troublesome for them. That makes me think: "who does she think she is? The super celebrity who has to have all the best for her, doing whatever she wants, and kouhai standing on the corner, not causing problems to her, and let her do whatever she wants and satisfy all her whims?

And this has nothing to do on being funny or not funny on the show, cause these are things that happen behind the scenes, and Matsumura's behaviour seems not good and kinda intimitading for their kouhai.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Just remember that no 1 thing that will always be a problem and a battle zone since the start of nogizaka46 is FOOD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Except it doesn't happen. It's all for show.

Why you choose to believe otherwise is beyond me. Especially when it's so over the top.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    So are you saying that kouhai are exposing fake problems just for the show?
    Cause if Riria says that during birthdays, there's members always eating all the cake and the kouhai stay in the corner waiting for their turn and then there's just eaten leftovers, I tend to believe it than thinking it's all fake, and you can see it from Akimoto and Shinuchi's guilty faces too...
    And if Ozono says that things should be changed in a way that the birthday girl is surrounded by her closest members so they have a sured chance to eat the cake, of course there's a real and existing issue they're talking about.

And if this was all fake and these problems don't really exist, it's just showing a group where kouhai need to please their senpai and give them all the best food, the seats they want on the room, a group where the kouhai need to stay on the corner while certain senpai eat first all the things, get the best ones cause of their priviliged position, and then just leave leftovers to senpai. Not a good image for the group and it wasn't even supposed to be funny cause Matsumura's tantrums were more annoying than anything else.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think the senpai's behavior is more of an exaggeration for the sake of variety and for laughs. The premise of these few episodes being the kouhai asking about unwritten rules lends itself to exaggeration of the senpai-kouhai dynamic. Matsumura emphasizing the overbearing senpai dominating her juniors, and on the other hand, the 3rd Gen and 4th Gen playing up the oppressed kouhai only receiving scraps. The truth behind the scenes when the camera's off is somewhere in the middle and more nuanced than what the show gives.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Ima like, "it's matsun, whaddaya expect?" xD

Still imo always take the behind the scene stories and their reaction with enough amount of salt. Variety show is walk hand in hand with exaggeration for the sake of entertainment. There may be a "story" like that but maybe has lost the nuances in tv format, or even, they actually not that care/feel big deal in the first place.

In short, matsun played with her card, her chara. That what it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

A. They aren't real problems. Oh someone at all the cake. Who cares? Oh some senpais are picky about which bentos they like. Who cares? Its not a real problem. You're acting like the cake thing is some scandal. The issue is probably just that staff buys cakes that are too small. I've seen pictures of their birthday cakes. They're usually the types that are made for like 6-8 people tops.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zREk78Is...AM6EQhSCb7t9FY78O-hqPB4A4QCLcB/s1600/zz1a.jpg

B. Matsumura is exaggerating her responses for variety. Like the complicated instructions for which bento to leave for her. Or the fact that she wants to eat all the cake for herself. Its just part of her narcissist idol character. Its not real. Its like those Matsumura Cup Ramen commercials where Matsumura is acting harsh and mean to her kouhai and then when another 1st gen walks in she changes her tune and is like "kawaii! kawaii!". Its an act. Its comedy.

C. I've seen plenty of instances (blogs, etc.) where new gen members have praised Matsumura as a kind senpai. I don't have them on hand and I'm not going to spend time searching for them for such a trite discussion, but I've seen plenty of times where they've said Matsumura has taught them things, taken them out to eat, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  14. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Ok you all kinda convinced me. Probably I took all things the girls said too literally and in reality, things are not really like that behind the scenes. Or at least I hope so, cause the image that came from the group and how the senpai-kouhai relationship is built kinda worried me and seems bad and distanced.

I know in Japan the senpai-kouhai relationship is really strong, but it seems taken too seriously, and senpai should be the ones who make kouhai comfortable and feel on a equal position, feel free to choose the food they want or the seat they prefer, instead of caring too much of what senpai prefer first.
    Instead, it seemed more a thing where most of senpai just take advantage of that privilege.

• Like Like x 3
  15. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    i think in nogizaka, senpai not really care about senpai-kouhai relationship. they are more like big sister and younger sister. maybe its just kouhai who just has a really huge respect towards their senpai. and senpai love to teased them

just watched last week episode with subtitle. its really not senpai fault about the cake. they invited kouhai to eat with them but the kouhai the one who feel uncomfortable to eat with their senpai. as the one who love to eat, sometime people will lost control and just eat everything. about matsumura face when momo talk about splitting the cake by gen, i think its just for the show. its like the first episode when they try to solve kitagawa problem.

about seat arrangement, i think even senpai dont really care but because kouhai already asked about that, they just give them their answer. as a last resort, even shitara said to just ask kazumi or manatsu or if both of them absence, just ask any other senpai. sometimes junior will feel uncomfortable if they seat at where senior love to seat but as a normal human, sometime the senior will change their seat and not always sit at place they always sit. this thing what make junior worry.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kxony

kxony Kenkyuusei

What a funny episode!

I loved that Sakaguchi and Kuromi direct their questions towards their big bros. My favorite segment was the the stickers with power from outer space, when Asuka said that the obasama that helped her with her kimono got the sticker I had to pause to laugh it off. She really has great timing for variety. I hope Sakaguchi gets busy/a lot more works.

Kuromi segment was actually a nice idea for the future. Maybe they can have an episode with a quiz about Bananaman favorite pop culture things. Obviously it will include the now fan favorite super sentai team Sun Vulcan!

Loved at the end how even the staff went in for the kick. Lets have more little improves like this in the future.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    The ratio of people to cake is too big.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    The episode was a bit random for me and reminded me of when Kawago kicked Himura in the older episode. I wish they will bring more 2nd gen members, not just Shinuchi and more cooking segments :chuffed:

19. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    It's a television show, they are exaggerating their stories to make it seems funny/interesting. They are the top idols, if really it's her real behavior, it wouldn't be exposed on the television show. Matsumura is my oshi and I love her because of this, sometimes she just goes crazy and busts out crazy stories and behavior in the show to spice it up a little. It's funny to see that even Bananaman have a problem to deal with her.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    lol yeah, and that's what I have always loved about her. I feel so stupid to believe it all was true :fp:
    And rember when she cried cause Himura took her hair gift hair? So crazy, and you can't tell if she was serious or she was acting and that's the good of Mattsun :lol: