[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Even in AKB that isn't something new. Twitter becomes a painful experience.

2. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Team 8 = Hiatus
    Team A,K,B,4 = Disband

Favoritism!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Actually I think AKB48 has too many members to be not split into teams

AKB48 has more than 80 members, contrary to sister groups that are teamless earlier, each of them has only like 30-40 members or even less

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    To be quite honest, I barely know which team each member belongs to, but I do know more members now than I ever knew before. I know almost all of them, actually. To be fair, I was 10 when I first started following AKB, so in those early days it made sense that I would have a hard time looking up stuff about the group and knowing all the details. That being said, though, I find I never got to know the members specifically by team. I just had a vague idea of who was where. So to me personally I don't see the teams as something valuable in order to get to know members. Plus, teams haven't mattered for a long time now, and this is an opportunity to promote the group as a group. Fans may even be exposed to girls they wouldn't normally be exposed to depending on how the theater stages are going to work, who knows? All in all, I can't say if this is a positive decision, but I think it at the very least makes sense, as opposed to a lot of other decisions by management recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Madscientist

Madscientist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Manakuru
    No, that's even make it more harder to notice some girls with 16 members performance coming back and they perform as the whole group, how they are going to rotate the member line up for each theater performance too ?

I like 8nin theater as a team more, it's easier to notice each of them

7. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I would put money down that either the team “disbandment” won’t last more than half a year before teams are reformed, OR that they will be put into “teams” right away again but they just won’t be called Team A, Team K, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I have the feeling that the team disbandment is to solve the problem of overbloated and the constant need to keep it bloated due to having an extra team but they are too chicken of the consequences of disbanding Team 4 only twice. Hence they just disband all of them and from scratch create new division.

9. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Personally I like 16nin stages more. With only 8 members the stage looks too empty and the energy just isn't the same. The formations also look kinda weird. I get that looking for girls in the backrow is annoying, believe me, I know. I'm a Miichan fan, she was always in the worst possible spot. But it's not impossible to see the girls in the back row. Besides, the stages have units (not to mention the MC portions), so every girl would still get a chance to be noticed even with 16nin performances. Additionally, with the teams gone, fans who maybe only went to the theater to watch one specific team might now be exposed to girls from the other teams as a result.

As for how they will rotate the line-ups, I don't know. And that's precisely why I think the outrage at this change isn't warranted. We have no way of knowing whether it's going to be a good or bad change for the group, so I think waiting to see is the way to go. Not to mention that they might, like said above, create some other type of division, it simply won't be Team A, B, etc. And this will also probably not affect the theater girls much, they'll still perform just like they used to, so I don't see any outright negative sides to this decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

NGT actually has only 14 promoted members and 10 kenkyuusei... it's crazy!

11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That’s 24 too many.

I think teams will be back eventually, but it’ll probably be just A, K and B. With Team 8 gone, it feels “incomplete” to have a Team 4 hanging around when the rest of the SG only have three.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90

• Like Like x 2
  14. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Engsub full the story:
    This is so heart-broken, I believe not only Masaru feel like this but also other 17ki, especially Erichan our big wota. I hope that each 17ki member can at least have a chance to perform as under in current team stage before this August. Also, with the new system, will be the 1st time Yukirin not a part of Team B :cold:.
    I'm curious how they will decide the theater performance line-up after disbanding all Team. STU48 divided members by generation, NMB48 divided them by unit and NGT48 didn't have enough members to divide.

• Like Like x 3
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    NGT48 and STU48 both divided members up further into small quasi-official subgroups (often with members in multiple groups). We've also had multiple non-team 16 member "special" stages with different primary lineups (though those lineups get diluted over time as more unders perform).

The one potential silver lining in losing the teams is Yuiri might be able to beat her previous days-performed-in-a-row record.
    If she doesn't graduate first :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Idk if the team disband was done when team was actually a thing I would be feeling something.

But now... meh.

I cant understand that member's overreaction either. Team K has been very weak for the longest time. Even team B and team 4, 8 have been doing much well than team K. Much more cohesive and tightly-knitted.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Weak in what way? If you mean hanashikai sales, I can understand, but other than that...?

I mean, Manaka for example is the team captain. Her and Ran-chan were at the same school and graduated high school together just around this time last year. Manaka just said earlier today how Ran-chan has supported her throughout her captaincy so far.

Shimoguchi Hinana is also, by far, in my opinion, the most supportive and encouraging of all members in AKB. She constantly hangs out with other members in her private time (also keep in mind, this is Hinana's 10th year in AKB and she's only 21. She's been "Team K Shimoguchi Hinana" since 2013. That's half of her entire life).

Even more so Yukirin, who's been "Team B Kashiwagi Yuki" for 17 years now.

The teams have only been in place they are for about a year now (April 25th, 2022), but there are quite a lot of members whose whole identity with AKB is attached to a team. After almost every shuffle or reorganisation, there is always a wave of graduation announcements (look at Eitos since last October). Members love their teams and the members in their teams.

I'm sure Kobayashi Ran is only the first.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Have you watched a single Team K stage recently? How can you even type this with a straight face? K is one of the most tight-knit teams and closest to its original image (cool, dance-heavy, bonds, underdogs), perhaps in part because it's so much the underdog in terms of treatment by management and the wider fanbase.

Teams still have meaning to members and to current fans, even if they've lost all meaning to management and ex fans.

I will not shed a single tear for the death of shuffles, which are what killed the concept of most teams in the first place. But to lose the teams along with them...

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  20. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    let's be honest. the only Team that have solid image and big fans was Team 8.
    when we see member like yuiyui or kuranoo, we see them as a member of Team 8.
    meanwhile when we see member like Ran, we know her more as a D3 member than Team K, zukki as 16ki, erii as D2, and chiyori as HKT48 transfer.
    only a few members have a team image attached to them such as yukirin and yuiri.

a big shakeup is needed and if that means dismiss all Teams, then so be it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1