[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I quoted this post in NMB48 thread because it should be posted there

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Below is off topic
    [hide]
    This concert was completly different from the one you would usually attend during Japan Expo
    Back in 2010, it was the 1st ever Morning Musume concert in France, you had to buy another ticket to attend it, and it was a real 2h30 concert, held separatly from the exhibition.
    There was a more than decent crowd for an oversea concert, something like 2k ~ 2,5k.
    The girls delivered an amazing performance, they gave everythings.
    The event was more than worth the extra ticket.

2 years after, I had the opportunity to attend a fan meeting organised by J-Melo, with Takahashi Ai and Niigaki Risa. 2 exceptional persons IMO. They still shared lots of memories from these days.
    [/hide]

Back to AKB48 1st Europe concert, something like 3 years after, no one in the staff had any rememberance (or didn't want to have any) from their visit in Paris. The other continents expansion which was slightly opened then, had completly closed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yoasobi care about their popularity abroad. They have 10 million monthly listeners on Spotify. But yeah, Yoasobi isn't an idol group tho they have a song titled "Idol" that became the first Japanese song to reach #1 of Billboard Global Chart (Excluding US). No wonder why today international audiences associate Jpop with Yoasobi more than any idol group

OK. Maybe AKB48 doesn't need international fame. But even in Japan, now they aren't as popular as they used to, but there's a way to take their glory days back, that is using Tiktok to promote their songs. If this works well, they'll get popular again

Yeah, because I don't think Attack on Titan or Jujutsu Kaisen would hire AKB48 to sing their theme song

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I discovered a few years ago that performers at Hyper Japan in London (similar to Japan Expo in Paris but rather smaller in size) definitely don't get paid nor are their travel expenses met. Maybe it's different though at Japan Expo?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From What I know, the exhibition pays for the travel, hotel etc ... and the artists are paid during the exhibition (hence the signings, photo calls etc are free)

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks, I expected that to be the case with this event and probably explains why Hyper Japan never has any big names (although Wasamin did perform there back in 2016). (I won't be going to Hyper Japan this weekend, I'll save my money to put towards a longer trip to Paris and Japan Expo next year.)

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Ado and several other virtual jpop groups went famous BEFORE they had an anime tie ins. So does solo artists like Yonezu Kenshi.

But this is a MUUUCH better argument than ur previous "jkt brings more audience because it speaks English". So props for u for that.

And as stated by u urself, akb needs to be more popular locally FIRST before globally. Idk but ur argument supports trinu's stance more than u think it is. Yoasobi became popular locally at japan, and being popular internationally was a bonus for them which they pursue, but not their main priority.

The era of female idol groups in Japan itself is dead. Yeah that includes 46groups. It is now the rise of soloists, male idol groups (sixtones, etc) , and kpop groups in Japan. The failure of akb group is not that it fails globally. The failure starts when even japan seems to be tired of them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

I remember reading that people have said this before about the Japanese idol scene. However, not long later a group was formed whose existence led to the opening of this forum. :v:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Well yeah these things come in waves. Hence the use of the word “era”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If your plumber needs to bring out the pickaxes you know something's gone seriously wrong.

If they do wear those costumes, I hope they do it without the two extra costumes underneath, and take them in a bit so they aren't quite so pan-pan.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

While I agree on the part that Japanese general public seems to be moving on from idoldom and back into singer-songwriters (oh, how I miss the YUI, Ayaka, Angela Aki days...), I don't think AkiP would be debuting idol group after idol group if there wasn't a profit to be made. Heck, there hasn't been a disbandment in the 48G since SDN back in 2012, and god knows there have been cries for NGT to cease their activities.

Idol groups might not be popular again (and I don't think they have been for a decade already), but they still move a lot of money.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

so " Ne mo Ha mo Rumor ' is the song that hard for dancing .. really need energy and such

there is other song that they used to dance like this or harder than this song ??

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Harder ? Not really.
    There spme other tough ones though.
    To name a few, UZA or No way man require quite some explosivity.
    Teacher *2 or Moto Kare Desu are based on synchronicity

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    BTW there will be Love Live vs Idolmaster joint concert in Tokyo Dome, 2 most popular 2d idol franchises having a clash in a same concert
    FB_IMG_1690039305696.jpg

I'm thinking, how about 3d version of this that is Nogizaka46 vs AKB48 in Tokyo Dome? Seems this is the most possible way to take AKB48 back to Tokyo Dome

• Like Like x 1
  15. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

thank you so much

16. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They might not care themselves, but I think we as international fans should care. Not because I care whether or not the group I like is doing well in the charts, I like them regardless - but it would make the group waaaay more accessible if they were popular overseas and management catered to that popularity. Imagine if they offered shipping abroad more widely.

I also know quite a few people who found AKB because of AKB0048 and became a fan of them that way.

This setlist from 2016 is a good place to start if you want to see some more dance intensive songs! Dance senbatsu stage: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Dance_Senbatsu_Stage

On top of what @lionel90 already said, I'd also add M01 to M06 from Motomura Aoi's graduation concert to that list: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Motomura_Aoi_Graduation_Concert_~Yuiitsu_Aoku_Kagayaku_Houseki~

These are not all AKB songs: it also includes NMB, HKT, NGT and STU songs, but I still enjoy these songs.

Another popular non-AKB song when it comes to dance is Kamonegix. At the 2014 nationwide tour, at Team K's performance in Chiba, they did a dance break with that song. In general, that Chiba concert is one of my all time favourites (although I may be biased because Tano Yuka was very prominent in that concert and she's my kami-oshi).

• Like Like x 1
  18. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

thank you so much .

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    AKB48 just reached 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify, omedetou :1st:
    IMG_20230725_115421.jpg

Next target is to surpass Attarashi Gakko & become the most popular Japanese girl group on Spotify
    -u3vqhz.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    (Jul 25) Plumbing Exhibition Talkshow Event feat AKB48 at Tokyo Big Sight (「第55回 管工機材・設備総合展」@東京ビッグサイト)
    Miion, Yukirin, Odaeri and Yukinee participated!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1683691183925764096

Among the topics are about introducing new plumbing stuffs to members, Yukirin and Miion's shared dislike for evening bath time [hehe], also how at the end the MC jokingly says that attending the promoted 17ki solo con is also one of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) source

I'm still confused as to why they were invited there, but seems like the event was a success, the exhibition staffs have never seen such excitement from audience before.
    Well, entry was free, no limitation on photo taking (I haven't seen those Bazooka cameras since Eito free event days), and there was even door prizes lottery.
    Audience photos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well thanks to those great cameras we got super high quality photos!:1st:
    too many to post here, you can search 管工機材設備総合展 on twitter!

==========================
    Today was also the Finalist Live of [The 5th AKB48 Groups Singing Contest]!
    [​IMG]
    Featuring the Top 12:
    [​IMG]
    It will be broadcasted on TBS Ch 1 on Aug 26, 6PM JST
    https://twitter.com/AKB48G_singer/status/1683836813658718209

Pic from Manaka's twitter:
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/48manaka_16/status/1683840118187237376

• Like Like x 3