Japanese Drama & Actors Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Crests, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    I looked and I didn't see one and I'm sure a lot of you have watched dramas haha. So, what are you watching right now? What have you watched? What's your favourite?

As for things currently airing I'm watching Shitsuren Chocolatier (I'm a few episodes behind though). Kiko <3

I've also watched Freeter ie wo Kau, Yamada Tarou Monogatari, and Stand Up!! and am going to start Ryuusei no Kizuna soon. (I haven't watched very much I guess haha)

2. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    I have started watching Iryu 4. I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons so im hoping this one is good too :D

3. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    I'm watching Emergency Couple and Let's Eat :D :D

4. sorahana

sorahana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Currently watching Ashita, Mama ga Inai. So far it's not Ashida Mana's best role (Mother!) but she's an absolute treasure.

Also rewatching Jiu. It's refreshing to see Tabe Mikako play a role that isn't comical or romantic.

5. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Ah I'm curious about this now, after watching Yamada Tarou Monogatari and seeing about a few other things of her I was under the impression that that was all she did haha

6. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I'm still kinda new to dramas. So far, I've only watched Amachan and Hard Nut. Next in line is 1 Litre of Tears since that's the drama that my friends are recommending me the most. And probably, I'll personally pick Bloody Monday since the manga was awesome.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    any Abe Hiroshi fans here?
    His acting is so :inlove: :inlove:

8. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'm watching this as well, the only one this season. I have no idea yet on what to watch for next season.

9. MikieBeats

MikieBeats Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    Twitter:
    MikieBeats_
    For next season, I'm looking forward to Shinigami-kun and Yowakutemo Katemasu because it stars Nino :blush:

I'm also watching Shitsuren Chocolatier only but I have to say, these characters can be so damn frustrating and I want to punch Souta in the face!! I can't wait for the final episode though, I hope it ends well. But even if it doesn't, I'm just glad I have a copy of the soundtrack because the songs are absolutely awesome.

10. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO
    my boy's first drama in forever ahhhh <3
    nino is basically tied with guanhui as my ultimate favourite idol btw

11. MikieBeats

MikieBeats Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    Twitter:
    MikieBeats_
    I know right. I feel like it has been forever since I've seen Nino in a drama. Freeter was so long ago. And if you haven't already crests, hurry up and start watching Ryuusei no Kizuna because that was such a great drama. I remember that was the drama that first got me hooked onto that guy.

As for Shitsuren Chocolatier and its finale,
    I'm so glad everyone (Mostly just Souta, Saeko & Erena but especially Souta and not so much Erena because she's cool... kinda. Damn that guy and him getting all the girls.) stopped living in their little fantasies and finally grew up and moved on from one another. None of them belonged with each other except for Olivier and Matsuri <3

12. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    I started watching it several times but never made it past the first part of the first episode cause my phone wouldn't cooperate with me haha. I'm like 4 episodes into it now~ It's pretty rad so far.
    Man, ChocoJun is over already? I still am only up to like the fourth episode of that too haha.
    Oops.

13. Basstian

Basstian Kenkyuusei

I'm watching Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou right now, but only because Ikuta Erika is going to show up in one Episode :XD:

One of the first dramas I've seen and it is still one of my favourites, I recommend to watch this too.
    Btw, there is also a movie version (2005) which is pretty good too...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  14. MikieBeats

MikieBeats Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    Twitter:
    MikieBeats_
    ahahaha YES!! xD seeing ikuchan was definitely a highlight for me. I liked that drama and it also had a great soundtrack along with it. I hope you enjoy is Basstian.

And hurry up crests :p next week is the start of Nino's drama. It's unmissable! It's Nino! OMG Nino <3

15. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Ahhhhh so excited @--@ Nino ♥
    I have a feeling it won't be subbed anywhere near as quickly as ChocoJun was though. :/

16. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    I have paused watching dramas (all dramas, incl. Japanese and local Malaysian dramas)

That because I'm lack of time in my works, if I continue watching dramas, I might not finish my work!

Note: I didn't watch Korean dramas at all... from beginning...

17. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    I'm currently on Hana Yori Dango, just finished Hikari to Tomo ni (IT'S A DAMN GOOD DRAMA :worthy: i even felt like buying the manga and i never had interest in mangas. so that's how good it was :lol: but sadly i couldn't find the original japanese version anywhere)

I have a whole list of dramas to watch (at least 50?) and i recently got back to watching jdramas after months of not watching any, and the reason to that is cuz i got into akb hahaha.

18. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

yowakutemo katemasu SP Preview

somehow nino looks younger or at the same age with the other cast :^^;:
    but, i'm prefer shinigami kun, coz there is mirei kiritani in there :fear:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  19. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I've been watching J-Dramas since about 2003, so I've watched a ton. Not sure which one is my favorite; there are a lot I really like. Last season Shitsuren Chocolatier was my favorite, mainly because of Satomi-chan. I can't blame Souta-kun for falling in lover with her. LOL.

20. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Watched the first episode of Yowakutemo Katemasu last night
    [​IMG]
    It's a little bit different than I expected but it's definitely promising, I have high hopes for it.
    I got Great Teacher Onizuka vibes from it sometimes which is cool cause that's one of my very favourite manga.
    After seeing the end credits GUTS! is an even more perfect song for it than I though it'd be.
    This is my favourite Nino role since either Shotaro or Seiji, the character suits him a lot I think.
    All in all, it was a good first episode and I'm really looking forward to the rest~