Single Sakurazaka 4th Single [Samidare yo] (2022/04/06)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Probably among my favourite songs of the year already. The throwback to Futari Saison makes me feel so nostalgic for simpler times.

And Ten looks gorgeous!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    That last chorus really got me, like Trinu said it felt like a little Futari Saison throwback and I teared up a little. The dance is finally not so fast paced, i'm glad Takahiro created such a calm choreography that invokes the feelings of the song well. Everyone looked stunning and the camera work was amazing! We got lots of decent screen time for the members, and the outfits, the cinematography! I loved everything about this MV. Easily the best Sakurazaka A side for me and my favourite jpop idol song this year!

Absolutely radiant. whimsical. nostalgic. beautiful. sakurazaka. :flower:

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/pangda19/status/1501791876583948294

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    I just rewatched the mv and I can say it's truly a masterpiece, it really is like watching a movie. I am very excited to see the live perfomances, and the other mv's. The person who directed the mv did a marvelous job, also the choreo looks very neat. Every member seems to have been highlighted, Ten really suits her part as the center. But I have to admit that Habu was also a member that really stood out to me, but also Rei.

Again this mv is a masterpiece, one that I surely will rewatch! Sakurazaka is really blooming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    What a wonderful music video. I'm so impressed. If anyone has watched the movie Picnic at Hanging Rock I thought it had similar vibes to that. Props to everyone involved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Damasu

Damasu Kenkyuusei

Nice to see Sakurazaka blossoming. Ten, Morita and Tamura are doing a fine job propelling the group.

Looking forward to see them perform on tv shows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

I just got goosebumps, like I said before the song is the hits song for sakurazaka46 all the songs. Because the song is good and melody itself is soothing to listen and the girls are really hard working from keya images (center focus) and I find them inspiring and that’s the strength of Sakurazaka46. Thumbs up girls.. will support you until the end of the world.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    So, I'm gonna need all art majors and smart people to dissect the symbolism and references and everything else!

Bravo, amazing PV! It's creative, simple, elegant with some coolness. THE Sakurazaka.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Man the MV was so good. Their best one really. Love the song too

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    The video is incredibly beautiful, like a movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

It was shot on 16mm film! :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    At the very first few listens I don't really into this song, but after listening to the MV with its high quality audio, the song has grown fast since then. I like the melancholy of the verses and how it goes up to the chorus.

MV is so aesthetic, I just realized Sakurazaka is the most "extreme" group of Sakamichi in case of fashion, I mean, look at Koike's silver hair.. I don't recall Nogi or Hina have member with such fashion freedom. It's a Sakurazaka thing now among the Sakamichi. Habu was also so stunning. No more Keyaki emo, they're all now elegant, model-like ladies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    If fills me with so much pride and joy to see nothing but happy praises from everyone here. Criticism is welcome, but I'm glad the MV and single is being received so positively! I honestly haven't seen such a positive single thread for the group since Futari Saison, so I'm really happy :')

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I agree with everybody. This single/MV is Sakurazaka! Finally. A bit of Futari Saison, a bit of Nogizaka, and all Sakurazaka. I hope they keep going in this direction. Ten-chan is excellent. The whole group is excellent. Of course, for me Karin is still the greatest. And getting greater.

I'm eager to see the live version of the song. Soon on SokoSaku?

I do have to admit that I had to work at it to not find Ten-chan flying on her back or sailing up from/down to the water a bit not-quite-there.

The May B.L.T. mag (comes out 3/24) will feature Rena-Hikaru-Honosu-Karin (click/tap images to enlarge):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I really don't understand why Akiho is not more popular in handshake. I was thrilled to see Karin sell out on the second day, putting her firmly in the top eight even by handshake popularity.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Ten-chan elevating herself up in the air reminded me of Techi going up in Kaze ni. A bit...interesting.

Totally agree with Akiho not being more popular overall. Maybe there is something about her that Japanese fans don't like?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Samidare Yo piano cover from Presso, so beautiful.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Quoting this in the correct place :)

NEW UNIT!!! I'm interested to see who will center the backs song! I think it will be Rei or Habu, as Habu is the only backs member who has been in Saku 8, and Rei is imo on the same level of popularity as Rena who just made Saku 8, so with Karin and Miichan back in Saku 8, it would be nice to see Rei center!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Very interesting tracks this time around to analyse.

Seifuku no Ningyo made me most curious and had to look up "ningyo" which means mermaid from Japanese folklore. Aki-P has written mannequin in uniform for Nogi (A-side), the sun and uniform for Keyaki (B-side) and now mermaid in uniform for Sakura (unit). The CD jacket cover has a dark fairytale vibe so it could be possible ningyo connects with the concept. A-side's theme is altruism.

Danzetsu can be interpreted in different ways. It can mean disruption or termination. Sakura 8 minus Risa performs this song is very new for this group to do. We have not much to compare with but there is a samurai movie from 1978 that holds the title "Ako-jo Danzetsu" which means "The fall of Ako castle". So what is this song going to be about. Snf wants Sakura to be a group that represents Japan and bloom in the name of Sakura. Danzetsu should not be confused with zan-datsu. Zan for cut and datsu for take.

BACKs song has been compared to "I'm out" in the title. "I'm in" could be the straight opposite of "I'm out" or it could be something else. Very curious where Aki-P will go from here after Sonia.

Koi ga Zumetsu sure Hi is Ten-chan's coupling center song and she had a healing song for A-side. Only can assume there is going to be a contrast here. Previous single we got a serious song for the A-side and more lighter one for coupling. What "The day when love goes out" or "The day when love fades away" can be a negative song. They are wearing navy skirt and navy shirt to go with a white blazer and a emblem that is not pink but navy for the 4th single uniform. Strap has been added again. The design of the boots are more similar to Keyaki's 5th single uniform's boots as white color with navy surface.

Overuse of blue can feel cold and impersonal, and even unfriendly. Blue's association with depression and sadness are also pervasive, and deep blue is a harbringer of night and darkness. This is why many have hard time to see the color difference between navy and black because they have same meanings. Some mistaken navy as black if navy is very dark in the shadow.

The first four singles have had a consistent style of retro and love themed songs mixed together with some Japanese style choreo in few songs. Aki-P tends to shift to something else when he ends the first chapter. In case with Keyaki he went for military style songs until first album.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    I'm most excited for the Seifuku unit, Mermaid seems to be an interesting concept I wonder what they will do with it.

Also very excited for I'm In

also thank you minaeshi for quoating it here :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    So when will the mv of dillema get released

20. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    How could I stay away, when masterpieces keep coming out? I am hearing Boku no dillema for the first time and I'm awestruck. Such interesting melodic lines, what a great arrangement! That clear beat and this amazing carpet of strings! Sakurazaka46 is writing history with this 4th single.

Such a landmark song to bid farewell to that CORNERSTONE that is Watanebe Risa. Any time Sakurazaka46 - in its current and future generations - perform it it will carry Risa-sama's exquisite aroma for ever...!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1