Oguri Yui (Yuiyui)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:

...................................................................................................................................................................................................
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    =======================================================================================
    https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagra...eD8f2b5U9hzy6uXayhCsXyfMQ&_nc_sid=276363&dl=1
    https://i.imgur.com/pQohPhj.mp4

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf848NWv7u2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/dramatokku_mbs/status/1547187881533247488
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

Yuiyui has started her lesson. She had done like 2 theater performances in last 3 years. Yuiyui always emphasizes that she is 'AKB's Oguri Yui', but if she doesn't do theaters, she's not AKB! Even 31 y.o. Yukirin does 1 or 2 theaters a year.. I still love Yuiyui tho.

5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    YuiYui had 23 theatre performances in 2019 alone, which is roughly the same amount as other senbatsu members .... after that the pandemic started and nobody had the chance to appear in the theatre very often.
    source: http://akiha176.web.fc2.com/akb48_2019.html

Senbatsu members have TV appearances so they aren't able to attend as many theatre performances as a result.
    (FYI Yukirin had 26 appearances)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Actually, she has a very low attendance compared to most senbatsu members. Even with the pandemic almost all of them performed plenty of times. Since 2019, she's been in one or two team theatre performances. Just this month, Yukirin has been at the theatre more times than Yuiyui over the last two/three years.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Genuine question, how does she compare to other senbatsu members who are also members of Team 8?

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    In what way? Theatre performances with their teams? The worst of them all in all AKB are, by far, her and Hii. But Hii, at least, debuted with the new team. Okabe comes after them, I believe. All the other girls have regular appearances.

9. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    their appearances in 2022
    oda : 17
    kuranoo : 17
    guchi : 17
    shitao : 14
    onishi : 8
    okabe : 4
    yuiyui : 3
    honda : 1
    mitomo : 0

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Now you might understand some critics against Yahagi Moeka

Anyway we can't expect someone like Yui to have a super high attendance if Zest keeps offering her acting jobs on a similar rythm she had recently. And it is such a non issue with senbatsu members, really.
    From memory Acchan missed so many of Team A performances when she filmed a drama ("Hanazakari no Kimitachi e", for which she had to cut her hairs very short), to the point she had to re learn everything.
    Or Kojiharu wasn't exactly known for having a strong theater attendance either, (IE: 10 performances / year, was correct for a senbatsu member)
    Would you have said the 2 later weren't AKB in those time ?

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    And that probably includes senshuuraku and special stages.

Yes!

But you see, even during the pandemic there were stages, OUC stages (with or without a crowd), special stages, etc. I think Yuiyui has come to that point where DH doesn't even bother scheduling theatre performances for her even if they were possible, a special treatment. She didn't have all these dramas before, her schedule wasn't as tight. For some reason Yuiyui and Hii never got infected. Do they even have lessons with other members besides senbatsu activities or concerts? Does she goes out with them?

=======================================================================================
    Sarapi's Instagram
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sarapi's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/yoshida__sara_/status/1548257437840732161
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  13. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    katorena's last stage
    IxR's last stage
    Okabe Team A's last stage

[​IMG]

14. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Yesterday showroom

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Cr uploader

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

So ZERO real theater performances! She really has the audacity to say she is 'AKB's Oguri Yui'!!

Yuiyui is like an actress who has kennin with AKB, not the vice versa.

Not surprised to see this attitude from Yui, cuz few years ago, she said she wants to join NiziU if she is allowed to kennin with AKB - which was Top 5 Worst AKB Betrayal Moment.

I still love Yui! :cry2:

Where are her eyebrows?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    She's not even had enough acting gigs to qualify as an actress [hehe]

And Yukirin said she originally wanted to join Morning Musume [hehe] She's still loyal to AKB now after 16 years, even though she has a decent career as a solo singer

• Like Like x 2
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Such a ridiculous debate honestly.
    And far from being new. I won't list all the big names who were / are rarely perforing in the past 16 years, there are way too many.

• Winner Winner x 4
  18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Did Yuiyui ever not attend any other things as well?

Sure but something being frequent/common isn't a reason in and of itself that someone shouldn't dislike that thing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jay1

Jay1 Kenkyuusei

She is listed as an actress on her agency's website and she also calls herself an actress. How many acting gigs do you need to qualify as an actress?

Huge difference between wanting to join the other group before debut and after debut. Yuiyui said she wants to join NiziU after being selected as a center and getting every push in the world for 4+ years.

Loyal to AKB? More like she needs AKB. She also had some scandals, including ones she admitted. (One of the few reasons why I still love Yui is because she is scandal-free.) She would've graduated long time ago if she could have a successful career without AKB.

You make up and twist things too much to protect your girls. It doesn't protect them from the harsh reality!

Afair, she also missed a lot of events.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

You can be both an idol and an actress though and that's what Yuiyui is, and it's completely fine lol

But of course she's going to be more busy than the average member, she literally had 3 dramas this year, she had a photobook, and a lot of other solo activities in variety shows etc. she's just one person. She can't be everywhere. I know theater is important for AKB fans but she has other priorities which is understandable, how many members would refuse activities on TV and favor the theater? and she isn't the only member in this situation, as you can see on the list posted here earlier with other members who have very low appearances at the theater.

Even if she might have some free time in between her very busy schedule, maybe she rather take that time to practice her acting/lines. Does that make her any less of an AKB member? Yuiyui explained her goal last year when she said that she wants to be more known in order to bring back to the group, and that's what she's doing. She wouldn't be able to do this if she performed 50 times in the theater in the year (+ count the time it takes to rehearse/practice) and refused TV schedules (something that no member would ever do anyway).

I feel like this debate has been done so many times with the popular girls through the years... it is what it is. The group has 80+ members and majority of them are pretty much theater girls. You'll easily find members that you can love, support, and who will be at the theater regularly. it doesn't have to be Yuiyui... meanwhile there are other fans who love the work that Yuiyui is doing now (like me), and also love her as AKB member, performing on music shows etc. she doesn't have to change that and graduate just because she's not at the theater...

I never heard about Yuiyui wanting to be in NiziU. I did a bit of searching and found this, it was a discussion on radio from 2 years ago, someone wrote the whole discussion in text and I don't think it's that bad. First, it was a weird question to ask, I think the other guys were trying to push her to answer "yes" so they could tease her after. She hesitated and said yes and they teased her, but she explained that she wants to learn things and bring it back to the group, then they joked about her graduating from AKB but she said she'll never do this and she loves AKB. I mean yes, she could have answered "no" to the question, maybe she just wanted to be respectful to NiziU. anyway I don't have doubts about her dedication to AKB.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1