[THEATER TICKETS] Super Enpou (For those from overseas)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ShiningOjisan, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Re: [THEATER TICKETS] Super 遠方 (For those from overseas)

Most super enpou received their e-mails once they were already in Japan, not before. This is why it says that it's only viable if you have internet access whilst in Japan.

2. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

YOUR SEEING AFILIA SAGA EAST :cute:

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Interestingly....

The first time I applied super enpou, I listed my desired teams (in order) as A, SDN, B, K. I didnt win SE, but I did win enpou and ipppan for Team A and SDNx4. The first two teams on my list. While on my third SE app (on the 2nd occasion I ended up not going b/c of the tsunami, so I didnt apply regular) I put my preferences as B, SDN, A, K. I won B and SDN via regular enpou. Again my first two preferences.

Coincidence?

4. yuzuko

yuzuko Kenkyuusei

I think this is very unfair for people overseas, there are 6 seats and it's not like many foreigners come to watch their shows, tgsk also said that you can get tickets for another team if you can't get tickets for your preferred tram....this is so annoying [boom] !

When I went to Japan applied through enpou and the female seats, plus I applied for super enpou 1 month before my trip....didn't get any ticket at all :cry:

5. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

Sadly that has not worked for me getting a Team K performance :cry:

I agree that it's frustrating, but it is a very small theater and the demand for just regular seats is huge. Unfortunately we don't know enough about how the system works. I think our assumptions are:

• You can only win Super Enpou once for a regular show.
    • This doesn't apply to Super Enpou for special events like JCB Hall or Sousenkyo
    • If you've previously seen shows via the ticket center, you can't win Super Enpou. (that would explain Cristafari's experience)

I'm going to try again for my August trip - I doubt it's going to work, but I may send a picture of my CD/DVD/Book collection to ensure they know how much of my paycheck goes to AKS!

6. qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd Kenkyuusei

Japan is one of the few countries that has cultural products that are desirable enough to motivate people to visit primarily to see a certain pop group or singer. Since tourism is supposedly way down, it would be beneficial for those groups/singers to get those fanboys/girls to visit and make it rain yen. Back when Super Enpou was announced I thought it would open the floodgates for overseas AKB fans to make the pilgrimage to Tokyo, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Simply increasing the odds of seeing a show isn't enough to motivate the typical fan to go from dreaming about visiting, to actually going out and robbing a bank and then seriously planning their trip.

There should be written standards (an AKB Magna Carta) that is in place so the whole system doesn't come off as arbitrary. And if 6 seats are too many, reduce it to 2 or 3. Or move the seating area to the third row. Or make a super-enpou, super-freaky, gaijin-only mosh pit area in the back of the theater (actually, don't do that last thing). There are concessions that can be made that would appease the domestic fan, and still offer enough enticement for someone in the backwoods of Iceland to fly to Japan.

Of course if I win a ticket in two weeks the system works!

They are doing some in-store promos (a mini-live+handshake+photo op extravaganza) leading up to the release of La*La*La Revolution. I'm going to the one in Yokohama (getting a pic with Louise... and Rose if possible), and then heading back to Tokyo at night to see Idoling.

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I totally agree. It doesn't make sense. First they create the super-enpou, but later there are empty super-enpou seats while gayjins applying don't get a reply. I wonder if they are taking it seriously, because sometimes it seems as if they had created this just to have a good international image...

8. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Thats so cool!

9. kasentobijoukyou

kasentobijoukyou Kenkyuusei

Wait a minute, how do you think they can determine whether you've already won a ticket through the ticket center? Do you reckon TGSK cross-checks your email address? Since I've already got a ticket center account using the same email address (but haven't applied for any tickets yet), maybe I'll have better odds applying normally...? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

10. caine

caine Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship

^ Its probably not going to matter if you use a different email address. You're still going to have to use your real name, which they'll have in their computer system if you've ever won a ticket, whether from the old days of lining up, the previous email system, or the new ticket center.

11. kasentobijoukyou

kasentobijoukyou Kenkyuusei

No no, I stupidly used the same email address when applying for super enpou last month. But after seeing how unsuccessful people appear to have been with SE, I'll probably be applying normally anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Though I'm definitely beginning to suspect that I'm going to end up empty-handed this summer after all... :(

12. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

These are just assumptions - but it seems many people do get Super Enpou on their first attempt. But then there are those who have applied multiple times but haven't won. The only connection seems to be have been previously seeing shows - and our names do kind of stand out :^^;:

I read earlier that using a different email address worked for someone else - but I tried that for my second, third, and fourth attempts with no luck.

13. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Would it make any difference to your (Super Enpou) chances if you didn't register with the ticket center and still submitted your email? Would that actually increase your chances if you didn't register?

My theory is that maybe they think you're "more of a wota" (for lack of a better descriptor) if you register and hence you should go through the normal regular tickets process just like everybody else in Japan? [speechless]

(and I'm already in Japan/Tokyo for 6 days including today, and I still haven't got a reply? First-time attempt here via S.E... [sweat] )

14. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

^don't know for certain - it's part of the mystery to Super Enpou. The only thing I do know is that it won't affect your chances for special events.

I would say if it's within 4-5 days of leaving and you haven't heard anything, you should sign up for the ticket center and at least try to get regular tickets (enpou or general admission).

Or you could be gutsy and ask again via email - "I'm not sure if you received my first email, but I'm only here for 4 more days..."

15. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

My friend still hasn't received any response and she's applied for 4-14/7 ._.

But pre-earthquake, another friend had won a ticket without problems (but she had to cancel her trip because of the quake, she informed them of course - the shows were cancelled anyway.)

16. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

I think it's a bit late now for that. I have two people (including myself) that want to watch it (and only I've registered), excluding the enpou/regular method for Fri's Team A perf., and I can't do Saturdays (ruling out the KKs/SDN shows). Monday's show is female-only (Team A), which means I can't watch it and I leave Tuesday night.

Bah, I didn't realise even Super Enpou (let alone the other categories) was this difficult to win as well. So wanted to see them on my first trip... disappointing. :(

/rant

17. karles48

Re: tgsk

I´m sorry, but I was wrong. I believed that Togasaki-san cared about the fans from abroad...but I can´t believe it anymore... [shake]

18. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

What makes you say that?

Caring about overseas fans isn't AKB's number one responsibility. ;)

19. karles48

Then perhaps following a group I´m (in theory) already too old to follow, buying expensive stuff or wasting lots of money traveling abroad to see the group shouldn't be my number one passion either...

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

What I meant was that, AKB being a Japanese act, the foreign fandom can't be much more than a niche market to them. They would do perfectly well without it, but still they set up something like Super Enpou. Those seats would fill easily without them having to go through that.

Why Togasaki wouldn't care about foreign fans is beyond me though. I have never known a group who's management lends that much of an ear to its fans. Togasaki, at handshake events, is sitting down from morning until evening to listen to fans' feedback - even now when the group has clearly expanded beyond the theater. If not getting a ticket for the theater or Tokyo Dome is a sign of management not caring, then fans overseas aren't the only ones this applies to. It's easy for none of us to get tickets.

I apply for almost every show at Tokyo and Nagoya and even then I usually get to see one only about once in a month... or more. That's simply how popular the girls are these days.