[THEATER TICKETS] Super Enpou (For those from overseas)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ShiningOjisan, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Re: [THEATER TICKETS] Super 遠方 (For those from overseas)

^ have the same problem I'm going to apply for august 14 till the 27th of august (trying to exclude 19th till the 22nd) but it's touring season so hesitant if I'm going to win anything

2. yuzuko

yuzuko Kenkyuusei

@gekophetweb

It says on the instructions that if the team you want to see won't be performing they will arrange another team show for you...I sent out the email and they never replied...

3. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

If you don't hear back, it means you didn't win. They won't send out an email saying they are sorry you didnt win. :hmm:

But they get tens of thousands of applications for some of the shows so I guess it's to be expected. [sweat]

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Is that true? Do they really get tens of thousands of applications from foreign people? [shock] If that's so I don't think I'd even bother to aply...

5. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

I suspect they may screen the application by nations, for example they may try to pick fans from different countries to get a good mix of foreign audiences.

6. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

I meant tens of thousands of applications in total. Only TGSK knows how many super enpou apply. Probably not that many since they rarely seem to hit the "max" of 6 per show.

7. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

^ they do not necessarily go to the max. The first show I won it was myself and a lady from Australia, her husband did not get a ticket and we were the only Super Enpou members there.

The KKS show I was just at had no Super Enpou at all.

My only suggestion is to apply and hope for the best, but also set up a regular theater account in case that fails. You can still try for regular Enpou, Mobile FC (iOS app), and general admission.

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

wtf :fp:

So it's bullshit and half-hearted. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH FOREIGNERS IN AKB AM I RITE :awesome:

9. qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd Kenkyuusei

Based soley on this thread, it seemed like for a while it was a lock to win a super enpou ticket (as long as you applied properly). And if you didn't win a ticket for your preferred Team, you would at least get an alternate. Practically everyone who has commented on their personal experience has pointed out that there are rarely (if ever) 6 overseas fans, so it doesn't seem to be a case of demand exceeding supply. Maybe they just aren't happy with how it's worked out so far.

I sent my application for an SDN ticket for mid July and while I'll be upset if I don't get a ticket, I'm already seeing PASSPO (my favorite group ever), Idoling x YGA, Afilia Saga East, and Ayumi Hamasaki... but I still need want to see Yukarin.

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's reassuring, thank you! [whew]

11. Tensai

Yeah - I actually felt kind of bad because they were more die-hard than me at the time. But IIRC one of them won a show the previous year - and it does sound like there have been mix-ups.

I'm going to keep trying for Super Enpou whenever I go, but I'm also going to use the Ticket Center/Email applications for regular Enpou/GA as well.

12. Lily Mu RB

Lily Mu RB Kenkyuusei

Excuse my asking, but if I'm not mistaken, are you the blogger known as "The Quiet Geek"?

Because this story feels similar to some article I read a few months ago.

13. Tensai

^ Guilty as charged... :^^;:

14. qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd Kenkyuusei

As a former hardcore-turned-very-casual fan, reading your blog entries made me more anxious to see them.

As a back-up plan, is it ok to register for the regular overseas ticket if you have already submitted a super enpou request?

15. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ assumption is, if you can already apply for a regular ticket and have not yet received a notice for super enpou, then you have already lost the super enpou for that show. go ahead and apply.

as for the supply and demand of super enpou, there rarely is an application for super enpou, but the management has to regulate things also. remember that the super enpou seats are first row, and if there are always super enpou people in the first row for every show... that wouldn't really look good. still they should be giving you a chance to see a show, but since the giving out of super enpou slots is purely based on staff/management decision (as opposed to regular tickets that are supposedly being picked automatically and probably just "cleaned up" later), being assured to win super enpou was never the idea.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Just wanted to point out that I have been to almost 10 shows since Super Enpou was initiated, and never once was there a Super Enpou ticket winner in the audience. Not to mention the fact that I have NEVER won a theater ticket via Super Enpou (have tried on three different occasions), but still manage to win tix via Regular Enpou and Ippan. (thank god) So the thought is that once you have won, it is doubtful you will win SE again on return.

Don't know that for sure, but it seems to be the case.

17. Tensai

I think tgsk keeps forgetting to check the sfar email account [hehe]

18. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

than what's the point in having super enpou if more than 90% of the time the seats are not occupied >.<

19. Tensai

^ I think it depends on the show. I'm sure there is less demand for SDN48 and KKS shows. Then there are some of us that are there a lot and have regular ticket center accounts - and our presumption is that we're skipped because of that (though special events seem to be the exception)

Based on my experience, first-time new applications have a good shot (especially if you say 'any show is fine'). But after that, you better get a ticket center account.

My recommendation, do everything you can to increase your odds. If I fail for Super Enpou, I apply for Enpou, then FC, and then General Admission. It worked this last trip, as I got Enpou for a KKS performance. I think I would probably have gotten SDN48 too, but I decided to spend the evening with myJapanese friend instead [hehe]

20. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Does TGSK send out emails on weekends? It's almost 4 days before I arrive in Tokyo. [speechless]