Morning Musume

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by freezingkiss, Jun 5, 2007.

1. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ lol. I totally get what you mean. Also, I like seeing smiling happy faces and energetic dances. MM doesn't seem to be conveying that really well. When they smile and flap about (like in Maji desu ka SKA) it just seems really forced. AKB just seem way more natural in front of the camera.

I WILL SAY though, Ai is way more suited to musical theatre and the girl has talent. I'd like to see her go far outside of MM but she's stayed so long I don't know if it will happen. Why would you want to stay virginal all these years. >.>

2. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^

Trust me alot, if not most, of the girls 17+ have had or have boyfriends. I think the general rule for the no boyfriends thing is just don't get caught. If aichan hasn't has at least one boyfriend or has flirtations in all these years I'll be surprised.

As for the PV thing, even with AKB's early PV's they have had bigger budgets than H!P, also they have the advantage of the school girl theme (you would be surprized how much schools cost to hire, also groups almost never use schools based in tokyo and so have to travel pretty far.) somthing MM hardly ever do.

If we are honest MM's PV have never been the most exspensive, LOVE MACHINE was a green screen affair as well and it is MM's big best seller.

3. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ That's true. Also I didn't even think of that, considering the tiny amount of idols who have been caught with boyfriends, so many will never be caught. I hope not anyway! I hate it when they get fired for that. (Especially Miki, worst loss ever. ;___; )

4. gg_gah91

gg_gah91 Kenkyuusei

hye.. i once a fan of momosu.

but then convert to kpop.

now i back to jpop

after knowing akb. [hehe] [hehe]

5. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

6. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

^

I love the new dance of Moonlight Night, it's much more better than the previous dance ~ <3

AI-CHAN IS SO SMEXY. <3 :nb:
    And Gaki-san too. Rihorin is cute. xD ♥ I love Riho's voice in that song, it's so powerful ~ :cute: That performance was too epic. <3

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm still sad about Risa and Ai's tragic haristyles (IMO) especially Risa's, she used to be my favorite member :cry:

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Personally I love all of the old members' hair. Especially Ai's. She can really pull off blonde. Then again, I don't really have a connection to any of them.

While watching the concert,* I realized that I LOVE Sayumi. I was always an Eri fan, so I thought I was done for now that she's gone. And that group song near the start with tons of Sayumi lines was really good. (Says the casual MM fan.)

*I've watched this concert and the recent BK concert in the past few days to try and escape AKBWorld.

9. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Sayumi is amazing <3 And even though Ai-chan can definitely pull off blonde, I hate the way it's styled most of the time, it looks like a wig :cry: And I don't know if it's because of the lack of makeup or because she plucked her eyebrows too much but Risa seems like she's squinting all the time lately. Weird. I wish she would get her luscious long hair back too, or that they styled it better because it looks so flat and unflattering most of the time ;A;

The concert also made me realize how pretty Aika is. She's just completely non-pohotogenic (or somehow she ends up making weird faces in 90% of the pictures I've seen her in). She's also become quite good at singing (granted the last time I saw her was like 3 years ago lolol). If I didn't dislike her personality I might even root for her [hehe]

And it also made me realize that Reina is amazing. I'm glad she's toned down the winking because it made no sense for her to wink so freaking much even during cool songs. She makes everything look effortless and while her voice isn't exactly powerful or anything she was spot on during the whole thing, definitely my favorite vocalist.

About 9kis: Kanon is adorable, but she honestly didn't stand out to me at all during the whole concert. Since her personality is her strong point I hope they do more to showcase it.

Mizuki is pretty, and she seems determined to do everything right for Morning Musume. I hope they push her more, she's got enough talent to be a great performer in the future

Erina is just SO awkward. She reminded me of early Koharu (she's kinda tone deaf too at times even xD) but it's that weird stiffness and complete awkwardness combined with the will to strive to become better and her super sweet smile and energy that led Koharu to become very famous, so I hope it works for Erina as well.

Riho is just awesome. She's a superb dancer if you consider her Moonlight Night performance, and the look in her face makes it pretty obvious that she means business. I love that about her! It's about time MM got a girl with a huge ambition, since the last one was Reina IIRC and see where she's gotten so far!

I was disappointed with Ai's vocals. Everyone knows she's very talented but tbh I think she was overdoing it with the growls and Oohhs and Ahhs especially in Fantasy ga Hajimaru and THE MANPOWER. Risa is also very talented but her control wasn't the best and she ended up growling too. I love Manpower, but I could barely watch it because I felt like those 2 were overdoing it :/ I guess to each their own, some people will like the strength in their voices but it sounded really overdoing it to me.

Also, I hadn't realized how similar MM's latest songs sound until I heard that medley they did at the end. I was especially shocked at how similar Onna ga medatte naze ikenai and the song they sang before (I don't know its name) were. Of course, it might appear that way to me since I've only been a casual listener for the past 2 or so years.

Overall, I feel like the MM girls are definitely talented as a unit and as always, they can deliver a great performance. I liked that there weren't any horrible costumes this time (although the Kimagure Princess butt rub looked hilarious in those huge puffy skirts xD) and Fantasy 11 had some great songs that I was looking forward to see performed. Sad that they seem to have given Eri's lines to Reina/Riho but I've been following MM enough to know better than to complain about line distribution. Only You remains my favorite single of theirs since Kimagure Princess, the performance was fantastic IMO.

I finally understand what Tsunku said when he meant that Reina is the closest to a perfect Morning Musume there is: She's committed to the performance, but she's still an idol. Her vocals are stable and she has a lot of stamina. While she's not the best dancer she keeps up with ease, and I like this mature side of her that doesn't wink every split second. She was definitely the most pleasant surprise for me.

But I still have to wonder what the hell are they going to do with Takahashi gone. I swear she sang like 65% of the concert and it's obvious that she's in command (maybe because other than Reina and arguably Riho now nobody gets even a chance to upstage her ever since Eri left). I'm looking forward to her graduation with the utmost interest because I really want to see how it pans out, in fact, it's actually one of the reasons I liked MM, there was always a change in the dynamics, line distribution and so on. Until it went stagnant after 8th gen, that is.

This is too long but I felt like pseudo reviewing it because I watched it last night when I was insomniac lol Overall I think it's a good concert, but I wish the 9kis would have gotten more lines in group songs, all they got were their mini units, and the camera didn't focus on them as much as on the older girls. Sometimes I even forgot they were there. I hope this gets better with time though :)

10. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I heard their new song and it's much better them most of the horrible songs that look like they've been recycled that they've sung recently. It's a shame that when AKB48 wears costumes that show their belly buttons their called slits but when H!P girls do it they're praised LOL

And AKB always had cheap PVs in their early years, they made the best of it though and that's something H!P hasn't been doing recently.

11. wasshoi_b

wasshoi_b Kenkyuusei

I SERIOUSLY WANT IKUTA ERINA IN AKB!!! <3 <3 <3

12. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

PV previews;

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUVAxUuN_ow[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHq61LjoJ8w[/yt]

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

14. Criss

Criss Member

First the PV; (not a bad song, but the PV its too boring)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbLxutXfZc[/yt]

EDIT: Reupload

Now... are you ready for this:

H!P massive family single: “Busu ni Naranai Tetsugaku”!

All H!P groups (like the old H!P All Stars).

So... looks like H!P strikesback at last. 7... yes 7 different versions and all with a handshake ticket... ready to bet on this single?

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/arti/arti ... d=79020200

15. karles48

Ooops, it's already deleted, it was really fast this time... :cry:

16. Criss

Criss Member

New Link available. Hurry up.

17. karles48

Thank you!!! Mmm, another 80's song, I'm not too excited...
    The best part...all the members are LOVELY!!! (and Risa's got many lines) :cute:
    The worst part...please, Risa, kill the one who decides your hairstyle... :hmm:

18. Makito

Makito Kenkyuusei

19. karles48

10 minutes!!! Are they trying to compete with AKB's PVs? [hehe] Thank you for sharing, I definitely love the second half...!!! :inlove:

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't think it's 10 minutes, it's just the two A-sides PVs together back to back :)