[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. meeshe

meeshe Kenkyuusei

So far the weather forecast for Tuesday says sunny and 57F/17C, so it should be pretty nice!

And I still haven't memorized the mix, FML.

2. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

Looks like the girls have been doing some sightseeing. Just look for a bunch of Japanese girls with masks on and there's a highly likely chance that it'll be them. So jealous of those who are there now, I should've gone and taken a weeks vacation.

3. HIDE AKB

HIDE AKB Kenkyuusei

The possibility of rehearsal of tomorrow today there are at the Lincoln Theatre until midnight.

4. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ticket holders received an email today reminding us not to forget about the shows tomorrow.
    Thanks! It had totally slipped my mind! :p

Of more interest, it said they will be giving out tickets at the door to replace cancellations. So, if you didn't get a ticket and you are in the area, you have a good chance.

They also give another reminder not to queue up before 2pm. Since priority seats are being given to press and "VIPs" for the first show, don't get angry if you are at the front of the line and see a lot of people being let in ahead of you. Members of the festival committee, their friends and family as well as other "important" people will get the first pick of seats. That's just how it goes. [notme]

5. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

So hyped for tomorrow! My first time seeing AKB live~
    So what time are you guys going to be there for the first show? 2pm?

6. alachad

alachad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Akicha posted about 4 hours ago that the jet lag was getting to her and she was taking a nap (on G+). Mocchi posted something about an hour ago, but Google Translate mangled it beyond any meaning.

I can't imagine trying to adjust to such a huge time difference so quickly. I know they keep odd hours anyway, but their first performance tomorrow will be 5AM Japan time, and they'll have been up for most of the day, I would imagine. Hope they get some time off when they return to Japan as a trip like this can really wipe a person out.

7. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Mocchi said "News flash!!! Miorin is crying!" and that she has a nosebleed. (but she laughed about it)
    Then Shiori posted that Mirorin had the first Washington nosebleed.
    I hope she's OK. She's cute with a nosebleed too tho.
    [​IMG]

8. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

wow, so amazing :D I am happy for everyone that went, I envy you all (in a good way)
    were you able to give them letters? and such?

9. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Man, I wish I could be there with you guys, hope you guys have a great time.

Here's a couple news video's of them in Washington.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4Kg-_ySK8[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyETXdaQxuc[/yt]

10. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

Small crowd at the airport. Must've been awesome to hand that gift to takamina personally... officially jealous.

11. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

I was surprise that takamina was willing to take my gifts....really so happy

12. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Congrats. I may have to get your autograph since I saw you on TV. [hehe]

13. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

GAH SO JEALOUS OF THE AIRPORT PEOPLE RIGHT NOW. Thanks for posting the news clips. Hopefully they will still take gifts at the concert tomorrow...

14. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I'm in both videos too, although I hate seeing and hearing myself on camera. Feels embarrassing to be seen on television [blush], but at the same time it's soooo cool and I'm so glad we were able to make it out to the airport to greet them.

15. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Just got up, getting ready to leave here shortly.

Awesome job, guys! I think it was a good turnout, considering the time we had to prepare.
    Those who made it on TV, welcome to the club. Lookin' good! :D

16. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I know the feeling. Fuji TV interviewed a bunch of people in NYC who were doing cosplay, singing and dancing to AKB songs etc... Of course they chose to ignore that and air a few seconds of me babbling about why I like AKB. :^^;:

17. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Wooh! Word up to the gaijin contingency! :XD:

Oh man...I totally saw ithebigc in those clips.

Bugger that one girl forgot to take pics, but hey...it's all still recorded for TV, right?

And man...Taka's cool. Real cool. :approve:

18. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

Picked him out almost instantly. I will never forget the faces from AKB48 in LA, one of my best AKB48 experiences ever. Great job being at the airport and welcoming the girls, I would fly there just to do that. Poor girls looked like they just wanted to get into bed.

19. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

It was so hard to be calm enough to take pictures when i was so close to takamina...T^T
    i did try taking pictures...but they are all........ [sweat]
    but really..for those who made it to the airport...nice meeting you all...it was such a fun day~~ :D
    see you all tmr..gonna go get a good night rest and be ready for tmr....XDD

20. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Same here. I'm off to bed now too. A news reporter is coming to our hotel tomorrow to interview us and look at our AKB48 stuff that we brought along. Kinda nervous. [sweat] Super excited for the concert tomorrow. See you guys there!