[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

it was quick but i did see myself in that clip [rock]

^
    so jealous of people that got to give takamina their presents in person

2. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

I saw myself too !~~

3. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

4. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmfLk0IHqw4[/yt]

Some clips from the first show.

5. t3hDave

t3hDave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hey! You're the Acchan oshi who said he cried after announcement, right?
    I know how you feel, bro. Stay strong.
    Too bad I didn't get to meet you, or if I did, I might've forgot @~@. I recognized your friend from the news ckips on youtube and briefly said hi.
    Other than that though, I trip was really exhausting so I was kind of out of it the whole day.

6. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, finally they're back flying, on their way to Tokyo once again, and to regular duties...

7. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

OMG...these few days are totally worth skipping class and work!!!! A lot of super good things happened..and i'm really really happy that I've went to the DC..i just arrived home not long ago..after riding on megabus for like 12 hrs....now it's time for me to go to class and work..so i'll post more about my experience later...but really nice to meet the S48 people!!!! nice meeting you guys!!

8. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Nice to hear that you got back safely

9. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Shhh, I'm still in DC... which is why you haven't heard from me yet. Don't ask why. =P

Okay, yeah so I missed my flight this morning. But that's okay! (I have it reschedule for tomorrow). I'm actually pretty sure I've found like all the stuff the girls bought in stores around here. It's so stupid - all the normal gift shops start stocking the elusive giant flower encore shirts today. They weren't there when I checked last night. Now you can find in the stores essentially the same merchandise as the street vendors, but the stores mark it up by like 40-60% (pretty standard in retail). But the flip side is, the shops close later than the street vendors. So I'm up for doing some proxy shopping tonight for people if you don't mind paying for me hauling it and shipping it to you. PM me if interested. Don't want to turn this thread into a full wtb topic. The latest a street vendor I spoke with that'll stay open is like 7-ish, while stores are open until 9-ish. Let's say the cutoff is like 30-40 minutes before so I can actually walk over and buy stuff. I am camped out using Wi-Fi at a Starbucks right now downtown. lulz.

EDIT:
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is what most people want:
    http://imgur.com/cqp3J
    Black or Pink available - $10 vendors / $13 from stores.

The other encore shirt:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmVnx.jpg
    $13 in shops (I haven't seen street vendors selling it but will look again.)
    $16 for a ladies style shirt, but it doesn't look to me that any members had this style. I haven't looked that closely though. The design on the front is the same for both and both black

Takamina's hoodie is $20 from vendors / $32 from shops.
    Hat is like $10 / $14 I believe. I think I need a better picture of her hat.

There's more stuff of course, send me a picture if you want me to look into it.

You can send a friend too if you know someone in Washington. Festival goes well into April, so this stuff should be on sale for a bit.

Where to find:
    The whole block around 10th and E/F St is loaded now with street vendors and stores. There's also ones pretty close to Wash Mon and White House.

EDIT 2: Store will also probably charge sales tax, while street vendors usually don't, so keep that in mind when calculating costs. I'm reading it's like 6%.

EDIT 3: I hope this was obvious, but since I'm in DC I mean they close 7pm/9pm EST.

10. Jet Ready Go

Jet Ready Go Kenkyuusei

This software for the forum sucks due to it's picture size limitations so I'm not gonna make a whole bunch of individual thumbnails for my photos.

Full Size? You betcha.

You can stare at thumbnails and bask in my glory if you're too afraid to click the link above I GUESS

[​IMG]

11. Jet Ready Go

Jet Ready Go Kenkyuusei

I actually see myself at the bottom left hand of your photos!

12. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

nice photos!

13. ilovetakamina

ilovetakamina Kenkyuusei

they were selling those for $15 @ the vendor and I was too broke to buy it since i bought so many other things. :(

I had to be a nerd and buy the same hoodie as her... LOL it was $20 from the vendor..and the hats were $7. :)

14. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

All right, thanks Raiden. Going to try my luck tomorrow, spent a good part of my day looking for them yesterday...
    Thanks for the photos, Jet. They look amazing.
    I can see myself as the camera rolls down the waiting line before the first concert in the youku video. :XD:
    Will write up my experience once I get home.

15. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

I think it was $15 because fewer places sold it. More competition and influx of supply cause the price to drop. Lol, that sounds so nerdy. Basically now that you can get it everywhere, it becomes cheaper.

And yeah prices do vary a bit from vendor to vendor. I went to each on asking. Real world economics!

16. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

does any one know the name of the song that Sakiko and Mocchi's unit sang? I've heard of that song many times..but I just can't rmb what's the name of it..and i really like it and want to put it in my mp3...but...my stupid memory...still can't rmb the name.... :cry:

I've looked up Hoshi No Mukougawa..but turns out that is the Haruna's A6 unit song.....T^T....

NVM...i found the song based on some of the lyrics that I've rmb...it's actually call Kioku no Dilemma...it was a unit song from H2...XD

17. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Kioku no Dilemma (記憶のジレンマ)

18. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Some nihon news report on AKB48 recent trip to Washington DC.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpuGATd0txQ[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kip_cglS-jE[/yt]

Sorry if this is a repost.

19. cisumechan

cisumechan Kenkyuusei

Alright! I’m all rested and can properly do a write-up on my trip to DC which all started around 2 weeks ago when the event was announced. Initially I passed due to the announcement being so last minute, but it only took one name for me to change my mind. That of course would be: Umeda Ayaka! At that time, any financial discipline I have was thrown out the window and I immediately arranged travel and lodging services. :lol:

To all the cool new people I met, I'm the guy from Seattle:

I caught an overnight flight on the 25th, had a layover in Detroit for a couple of hours and landed at DC around 10am the following day. Due to time constraints I was unable to greet the members at the other airport, so I went ahead and proceeded to my hotel. The moment I checked in, I immediately took a powernap since I planned to tour the area that same day. I texted 55Cyanides later that afternoon to check if there are any meet-ups happening, but it seemed like a no-go. I went ahead and did the tourist thing from 3pm to 10pm. I wanted to check out the night life but felt that I would need decent rest for the upcoming day, so I called it quits around that time.

On my back I stopped by a CVS to buy a nice envelope for the letter I wrote for Umechan. I also had those blank DiVA business cards that came with their first single so I wrote down all the forum members I knew personally that has her as their AKB oshi. So, korp (gogo) kumako & pomo (s48/ebi48) got shoutouts.

I woke up early the following day, got ready, had breakfast and headed straight to Lincoln Theater which isn’t too far from my hotel. I noticed that a line was already forming so I skipped a Starbucks run and proceeded to queue up. I didn’t know anyone but noticed a lot of familiar faces. The girl chiyuki mentioned was kiki, and flagator21 is right, she was the same person from NY that made the shirts. She was really nice and welcomed me to the queue where I met, surprisingly, the same group that attended the Berryz concert in Seattle last year, so if they ever make their way around our forums, it was nice to meet you guys. It was a long wait but everyone made it worthwhile. I had good conversations with kiki and the guy in front and behind me (I’m sorry, we couldn’t get proper introductions), and also wrote messages on them cool hats. After a while, I spotted flagator21’s shirt so I came by to chat with him and his sister for a bit. Then moments later, del, Jet and des (same crew I rolled with @ NY and LA) came by to say hi. Del came back my way a few times, with the inside info on Abe’s grandmother and hooked me up with glow sticks (thanks again bro). Again, the wait was long but had some awesome moments like the gogo sticker handouts, video recordings both from fans and the jp media, and the “wtf this line is HUGE to all the people that came “on time”.

I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet some of the members here, I’m also pretty shy around new people, I just realized after reading chiyuki’s (ebi48) and pinkbohemia’s (ebi48) write-ups that I was fairly close to them.
    =================================
    Going to fast forward a day and add that it turns out karles48 (s48) stayed at the same hotel I did and had a good conversation with him as I was checking out (very nice to meet you).
    =================================

Well that’s that, I just needed to get that out of the way because the second part will most likely be all about Umechan! And the success of my trip around my oshi. The spazzing might be too Umechan intensive, I might even consider just posting it in her thread.

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I will post a longer post at the experiences thread later, but I’d like to thank everybody I met in Washington, it was a great experience and it was very nice to meet you!!! [bow]

@Halo48: Thank you for those amazing pictures. I’m glad you met the members and got your dvd signed by Takamina. Nice to meet you again here!! [hi5] (however, please, stop taking pictures of my bald patch… [hehe])
    That was an amazing idea, indeed!!
    Oh ¿are you the tall guy who said his oshis were Tomochin and Miichan or his companion? I didn’t know you were stagers too. I’m sorry if I seemed too distant, but I was getting anxious and I was quite afraid to talk to most of the people to prevent them from realizing that my English sucks a bit… [blush] I hope you enjoyed the show.
    Yes, that was a funny coincidence! It’s a shame that we didn’t know it before, but it was indeed nice to meet you too!! [hi5]