Album Matsui Sakiko [Kokyuu suru Piano] 12/10/03

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    I'm not used in hearing instrumental song, but this one is definitely great. Kokoro no Fumen sounds so relaxing which makes it enjoyable to heard (I can imagine it would sound cooler if I hear it when driving through a rainy day and the music is played in my car :awesome: oh wait, i don't even have a car). The Kachuusa cover is good too, even when the music is actually a bit different than the original, I still like it. [angel]

I actually hope they would make the video for Kokoro no fumen instead of Tamashi :lol:

2. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I don't think that was the best choice, I'm afraid most of the AKB48 fans might get a wrong impression of the album...

4. Ross_Vigna

Ross_Vigna Kenkyuusei

The whole album sounds amazing.. :inlove:

And im sooo in love with Kokoro no Fumen now.. is that her original song? [shock]

5. UsaMimi

UsaMimi Kenkyuusei

usagi-chan : we just listened all songs in this album, and we're agree that "Kokoro no Fumen" is the best amongs them. [rock]
    mimi-chan : yeah, but i also like "Utau Ketsueki" and "Tamashii no Idou".
    usagi-chan : don't forget "Flying Get" and "Heavy Rotation". I like the addition of guitar and trumpet. oh, how about "W.A. Mozart Piano Sonata No. 18 in K. 576" ?
    mimi-chan : excellent, fantastic. [clap] it makes me want to take a piano lessons.
    usagi-chan : are you serious? but it takes years.
    mimi-chan : i'm serious. don't underestimate me ! :hmm:
    usagi-chan : ok, i'll support you.
    mimi-chan : thanks. :)

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Just a bit larger cover. :hmm:

Attached Files:

7. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

What impression do you mean?

I rather have PV with original music than rearranged AKB songs.... :D

Kokoro no Fumen is more traditional western piano music, but Tamashi no Idou is definitely the more "Japanese" of the two piece, it uses a lot of traditional Japanese music arrangement as well as demonstrating skills by using the pedals to emulates the drums.

I don't have the problem with song choice, just that the PV, or specifically the dress, doesn't really match the piece.

8. karles48

I meant the impression that all the songs in the album are 'traditional style japanese songs'...

9. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

and that would be bad because...?

and let's face it if this was supposed to be demonstration of Sakiko's poweress as a traditional pianist, AKB songs won't be in it to begin with and that image won't change even if they features Kokoro no Fumen instead...

10. karles48

I red that she was performing versions of AKB48 songs and I thought 'Hey, that's promising!' If I had listened to that song and watched that PV instead my thought would have been 'I'm not buying this, not even in a million years'. You may think it's a masterpiece, but I didn't force my ears to listen to it a second time. Of course, it isn't Sakiko's fault, it's just that each person has his/her own tastes, and I don't like that song, at all. I believe that the first song released from an album is an example of the kind of music within that album, and I'm sure that many people (perhaps even most of the people) would agree with me. Fans may buy the album because the performer is Sakiko, but the rest of people will buy it only if they think they will like it. So, many of the people (fans or not) who watched that PV and don't like that kind of music will lose interest in the album...and perhaps even some people will buy it believing that all the songs are like that and will get disappointed later (it happened to me before with some albums). I hope I made it clear this time.

11. holcroft

holcroft Kenkyuusei

i really really really like her own rendition of flying get and heavy rotation. it's just so different!
    clearly the best release this year.
    sakippe~

12. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

To Each their own I guess, I'm actually didn't like the fact there are more AKB songs than original pieces tbh.

Because I originally look at this debut to be similar to Wasamin's debut that it was AKB's way of entering contemporary classical market. But that doesn't seem to be the case with a heavy dose of AKB singles in it.

Instead of driven AKB fan away, I personally think with the does of AKB single, it actually drives the instrumental crowds away and the PV is just way of grabbing them back.

Personally, I'm opposite from you, I canceled my pre-order when I found out all the singles rearrangement and only re-order them because of the sample from Kokoro and Tamashi...

We'll see how it does, I'm guessing it's somewhere between 30k-50k first week. Which would be phenomenal for a instrumental single.

13. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

As of right now, the only track I've listened to is Everyday, and it wasn't half bad. There were some aspects that I'd change: in places, mainly when the right hand becomes simple, the simplicity of the left hand really stands out, which makes it sound rather flat in comparison to when the right hand is supporting or distracting from the left hand's simplicity; also, the arrangement doesn't really "grow" much with the song, remaining steadily the same throughout, which is nice but also makes it sound somewhat "background music"-esque. However, I really liked the "kimi ga suki da kotoba ni dekinai yo" part, and I think her performance is definitely solid, albeit the slightest bit robotic at times.

IIRC, she didn't actually arrange these songs herself, right? I'm a pianist myself and I've played some AKB songs by ear, so I'm curious to know whether she did the same for these. And Everyday's arrange does have a nice ring to it, despite the little nitpicky bits I stated above :)

14. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

No someone else rearranged them for her.

The two thing going for her is that she is currently a student in Tokyo College of Music, Japan's oldest and best college for music and she went straight up from the high school that the college associates to, which would suggest that she was among top of her class not to mention the awards she won prior to joining AKB.

And she reputably to have the ability of the absolute pitch.

I'm still wait for my copies, but looking through track lists, other than the two original that were promoted (Kokoro and Tamashi) I'm really looking forward to her rendition of Mozart's 18th Sonata featured in the Murder Case CM.

15. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

^ Ah, I see, thanx! That's impressive for her to have perfect pitch, too, since it's so very rare. I hope she does well with her playing, if she ultimately chooses it as a career. :)

16. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

It's always my impression that her career choice is somewhat piano related considering that she is currently piano major.

Which is why I was actually disappointed with the heavy set of AKB songs. I still hoped for more original work or classical Sonata. But 3 original + a Mozart is enough to convince me to purchase it again.

17. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I've just listen to this Album, it's pretty good. My favorite track is 'Flying Get', I think they could have done 'Heavy Rotation' differently. It wasn't bad I found it kinda funny :lol: , her piano playing on that song was good. The Trumpet ruined it.

18. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    Really enjoying this album so far. My favourite tracks are Beginner, Ponytail to Shushu, Sakura no Shiori. Didn't like Heavy Rotation that much but I'm looping the first tracking non stop :D

19. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    natalie
    Is she promoting a freshener along with the album? [hehe]

Attached Files:

20. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i like the jamaican heavy rotation [rock]