Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    ^ Hey welcome! Great to have a new fan - and a Mayuyu one! Hope she sticks with you [hi]

2. eggfriedrice

eggfriedrice Kenkyuusei

haha thanks. Is there a specific reason as to why she might not stick? :p

3. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    ^ At first I thought you said "stick out" so was gonna reply with "her arse" as that actually does stick out :D

But no, I dunno, when people are new they haven't seen all the members yet so are more likely to change... Mayuyu is the cutest though so I hope you'll stay and follow her :)

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Hello and welcome eggfriedrice! :D love the name btw :p

Mayuyu and Yukirin, great pair there [clap] so many members to choose from, so please keep us updated on how your oshi selection works out! My original was Acchan when I first got into AKB, who promptly graduated, and I flitted between a few girls until picking Yuki :inlove: can be tough to find the right one!

We try to meet up every month, hope you can make it to one in the future [hi]

5. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

eggfriedrice - welcome! take your time to find your oshi. There are many members for you to pick from. If you wanna see other similar looking girls to Mayu, try Nishino Miki or Komiyama Haruka :) As Yukitie says, we try to have a meet every month, which involves karaoke, photo trading, general 48 chit-chat and eating!

6. eggfriedrice

eggfriedrice Kenkyuusei

Aha true, I initially liked a few other members but then was devastated to find they had already graduated such as Maeda and Mariko! )': And now Yuko has announced her graduation arghhh.

Nishino Miki or Komiyama Haruka do really look like Mayuyu! Wow. But they're also pretty young! [shock]

The meet ups sound fun :D Which city do they take place, London?

7. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Don't try and over think choosing an oshi, (or oshi's if you choose to follow multiple groups/people). If you try and over analyze it you'll never be fully happy ... it's more a "feel" thing rather than an intellectual thing.

8. eggfriedrice

eggfriedrice Kenkyuusei

Ahaha don't worry, I don't tend to over think my fangirling to the intellectual level (I don't really see how that is even possible) :D

9. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

eggfriedrice - Yup, meet is in London (one happening this coming sunday and one on saturday 18th).

Even though Mikichan and Komiharu look similar to Mayu, they still have characters of their own. Watch Mikichan and you'll see a hint if Jurina's energy in her. I recommend the theatre shows as good viewing for them :)

10. homurachan

homurachan Kenkyuusei

New fan here! :D

1. Where are you from in the UK? Leeds!

2. How did you get into AKB? I watched Heavy Rotation mid-2012, hated it, then heard Sugar Rush at the end of Wreck It Ralph a few months ago and decided to give them another chance - and now I think the Heavy Rotation MV is kinda cute, not to mention it's one of my faves :3

3. Which members are your favourites? Maeda Atsuko, 'cause she caught my eye when I watched the 'Party' Stage on YouTube (she reminded me of Fukuda Asuka from waaaay back in the day); Oshima Yuko because she's just so cute in the Heavy Rotation MV and Minegishi Minami, simply because she was the first AKB member I'd heard of (I watched that video on YT) and also because I love an underdog. :3

11. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    welcome eggfriedrice and homurachan [party]

On Sunday (5th) which is in a few days time, we are having our next meetup in London :)

Anyone who wants to join, pm me and I'll send you the details.

We're planning to go for karaoke, go for sake and tea ceremony and then Korean food [party]

For those that cannot attend on Sunday, hopefully we'll see you on the 18th. The 18th will be more of a chilled out pub meet.

12. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I wish I could come on the 5th too. I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE Karaoke!!!

But anyway, will still be there on the 18th :) Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

13. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Welcome new members :)
    Yui wasn't my first favourite member and she was actually my 3rd after Tomochin and Kojiharu, but she's currently been my top the longest and is probably going to stay at my top until she graduates.
    Since the 18th meetup is on a saturday, I am most likely to be able to attend and I have got some more photos I can trade with since I bought more stuff :)

14. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Great meet once again, sorry I had to leave early [sealed]
    Nice trading photos especially with Yukitie :p

15. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Report of the 4th London Meetup 05/01/2014

Due to the busy time of the year for the students amongst our group, we had a smaller gathering this time with six members.
    We went to our usual karaoke haunt and sang our AKB songs, though some Enka and Kpop slipped in too :p Time does go pretty fast when we are at karaoke. There's no expectations or pressure. One of our members doesn't participate in the singing but is happy to listen, while there's a share of no-pressure fun singing with the others. Usually the karaoke shows random videos often extracted from older dramas and music videos, but sometimes we're surprised when a AKB PV is shown with the corresponding song. And this is what happened when we sang Ue kara Mariko, Kaze ga fuite iru, Manatsu no sounds good and Sakura no ki ni narou.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I enjoy the most about the karaoke sessions is that it is possible to get introduced to songs you have not heard (i.e. obscure stage songs) or reintroduced to songs you had forgotten. Yukitie has a wonderful rendition of 'Bird' as well. Her singing voice is different to Takamina's and me and Jayee want a mp3 of her version^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next we went to have some sake, trade photos and then headed for Korean food. Other than meeting other idol fans, the meetup has been a great opportunity to share our favourite cuisines with each other. Especially because a few members had not had sake or soju before for example.

Lastly, we went to a pub, in the end it was me, two members and a pitcher of Mojito. Most of our conversations do revolve around AKB but it is interesting to talk about our outside interests too.

Everyone in the group is friendly and have made the meetups incredibly enjoyable everytime. I've also made great friends from the meetup :)

If anyone has any other ideas for future meetups, let me know :)

16. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Sounds pretty good Delta, can't wait for the 18th ^^ although I'm one of those people who is shy and don't talk much until i get to know people.

17. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Li Li, you meanie! You showed me all the great photos you had and made me weep because I'd forgotten to bring mine! Next time.... :p

Thank you for your karaoke praise. I maintain that you're all tone deaf because my family claim I can't sing ;)

Genuinely can't wait for the next meet up. This was another brilliant occasion and I can't wait to see everyone, including all the new faces, again :blush:

18. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

They done a London version of Koisuru Fortune Cookie dance.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7LQ5_24e6A[/yt]

I was thinking maybe we could have done one but I guess that would be copying this one.

19. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oooooh my goodness that is amazing!

And I don't think one of them has ever been to a London meet up.
    We must find out who they are! And invite them! :D

20. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Just teasing, that's not all the photos! Hehe..just the ones I'm willing to part with right now ;)