Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Undecided about the next meetup date for now^^
    How much notice do you need~? :)

2. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    if its a sunday, not much notice, enough to buy train tickets haha XD (im assuming its in london, i didnt go that far back) i live near manchester you see :O if its a saturday, i might need a bit longer

Its all dependant on train tickets :O (if there is any meets on a sunday then ill keep tracking this thread :O cause that day would be perfect!) - unless you know, everyone else wants saturdays....then ill figure out a way haha

3. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    You're coming from Manchester? [shock]

I'm still stunned that we had members come from Portsmouth, Warrington and Guernsey last time :XD:
    You guys being so far away and still willing to travel to London for the meetup ^___^;

Usually Sunday inst the convenient day for our members far away and the trains tend to be messier too.

Do you travel to London often? :)

4. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Hello, was good to meet everyone and I really enjoyed the meetup :)

Sorry if it seems like people who come from outside London are just going to talk about other idol groups more than AKB [bow]

Sorry also that I left still with that Yukirin photo [bow]

I'd like to come to another one, depending on when they are and if I can make it to London that time...

Oh! I live near Manchester too, perhaps we need an up-north meetup... although for the London meetups Saturday is good for me as I can travel back up north on the Sunday, but if there is ever an up-north meetup, perhaps in Manchester, then anything is fine... I wonder how many others there would be who would be interested in attending...

5. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    Its ok if sundays dont work for everyone! :) I just need enough notice for trains really :eek:

Omg near manchester? :D awesome! Would you get a virgin train down cause thats what id do :0

Tbh if i got the sat off and the meet up time was in the afternoon i could megabus it down haha xD it all hangs on ttrain/travel prices

But omg a northern akb48 fanmeet would be awesome! I wonder how many people from upnorth would be interested. Though we dont have a karaoke bar...IM WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT

so yes ill just keep an eye out on dates and ill just let you guys know!

6. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    :)
    Was great to meet you, and I'm still in awe of that Yukirin photo :inlove:
    It's also great that we talk about subjects other than AKB, helps us get to know each other a bit more :) sorry that I brought up Kpop ;)

And believe me, we want to meet more AKB fans too! [hi] Hope you can make it to one in the near future, they just keep getting more awesome! :blush:

Hi five to our general manager xxdelta! [party] and her continued super organising skills...

7. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    Ive just checked at work and i have enough hours to take a saturday off! So money and travel permitting - I can try and ask for the saturday off for the next meet/one in the future! :D

8. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Meets are either a saturday or sunday and usually karaoke is on the agenda which I'm guessing you wanna be apart of? :)

9. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    oh yes! haha, im not good at singing but i would give it a try ahaha especially if its akb :D

10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Will there be a meet up next month? because atm the train tickets are just £10 for return :D :) But after next month the tickets will go back to normal.

11. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    The next meetup in London will be on Sunday 23rd February. We may do the March meetup on a Saturday :)

For the February meetup, we are planning to go to Karaoke, have desserts and trade photos and have a AKB Pub quiz in the evening.

If you would like to attend, and you have not attended before please PM me for details <3

12. iolo-

iolo- Kenkyuusei

Yay !

It's been a long time I did not post here! It was nice to meet people from outside London. We're becoming a big fan group ;)
    UK Official FC soon :^^;:

13. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for the next meet up! :) and the return of karaoke! :inlove:

Can't wait to meet more new people.

And we have so many people coming now that we can record our own single lol :p

14. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    ahhh my gf flies back to the netherlands on that day :X but keep me posted for the march one :D /determind to attend one

15. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    For those who do not wish to attend karaoke on Sunday. Please let me know and you can join us anytime after the session <3

16. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    1. Where are you from in the UK?

Born overseas, grew up in Lancashire, many years down South(west) for uni, currently in Kyushu.

2. How did you get into AKB?

I'd known of AKB for a while through members' modelling work, drama appearances and general fame. However, I didn't get into them myself until watching Majisuka Gakuen. I spend more time watching their dramas and variety shows than I do listening to their music, though I am listening to it more nowadays. And, I personally know zero other AKB enthusiasts.

3. Which members are your favourites?

I couldn't pick just one. I probably first really noticed Rena, Yuko and Mariko from the strength of their performances in Majisuka. However, members keep coming to my attention as I discover their singing talents, comedic performances, variety personalities and so on, which is part of the fun of following the 48 groups as they work towards their aspirations.

17. squirrel

squirrel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Woo, other UK-based AKB fans! :D

1. Where are you from in the UK?

Cambridgeshire, born and bred, save for a few years in London.

2. How did you get into AKB?

Through my students! I've just got back to the UK after a few years teaching English in Japan where I found that music was an easy conversation point with the kids. AKB was frequently brought up, and were pretty impossible to escape in Japan anyway, so I gave them a listen and listening led to watching dramas and variety shows, which led to merch and oshimen!

3. Which members are your favourites?

Yuko is top of the list for always making me laugh and smile when she's on TV. Same with Takamina, who just has an amazing amount of passion and personality. I'm making my way through AKBingo at the mo and the more I see of Mariko in it, the more I find myself liking her more. And Hata-chan from SKE is such a star too! I tend to get more interested in members once I see their comedic sides I suspect!

18. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Welcome to the thread ふざけないで & squirrel!
    Interesting to have a member who's currently in Japan here! Have you tried to see the girls perform at the theatre yet, ふざけないで?

squirrel, the resident lemon fan will be along to persuade you to like lemon's talents lol.

19. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Thanks, Li Li. I haven't tried to win a theatre ticket yet, though I did recently win a ticket to see the HKT48 concert in Nagasaki this Saturday. Incidentally not just my first 48G live, but my first concert and second live of anything ever. I will try to see them in their theatre at some point too. If only I'd gotten into 48 first time I was in Japan; seeing the other groups would have been much easier.

20. squirrel

squirrel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Thank you very much! :) I'll brace myself for potential lemon conversion lol :D