Welcome to Stage48 version 6!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    It's a good thing this forum software allows me to check how many new posts remaining for each forum. This can actually indicate how popular something really is, quite a nice feature that the previous forum software didn't have!

2. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Ooooh. Great look! I love what you guys did with the forum. Can't wait to explore the other features. :)

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I'm also liking this "whiparound" coverage that I'm getting used to in this new forum. Previously, I would check the forum "sequentially" (from top to bottom), but instead I'm going through all the threads AT RANDOM without any particular order! (Except I'm doing it based on earliest to latest alert...)

Also, this forum software actually gives me a CUSTOMIZED forum experience where I can actually watch the particular forums and threads that I'm interested and not on the ones I'm not interested on! I'm sure there's some here like me that are taking advantage of this...

Agreed? The "customized" Stage48 experience with this new forum software?

4. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Yay I got my avatar to work nicely now! The Save for Web thing worked. I totally forgot Photoshop did that. For some reason when I initially saved it, it was 200kb... XD Now the same file is much smaller. Awesome.

5. katami

katami Kenkyuusei

I really like the new layout!! congrats stage48-san for the new look :lol:

6. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I find this wall-message feature is pretty funny and useful in the same time lol, keep it up lads! and oh! It would be great if the alert notification could be the real-time pop-up notification like you have in the facebook! XD

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The new forum looks nice!! I just don't understand the purpose of "points" I think it could be removed/ignored. and then the "likes" system, that I dislike, because I've been in enough forums before to know how this kind of system ends (not well). One thing I liked with stage48 is that it was neutral, no "likes" or +/- to people's posts. and now... well, I know that personally, I probably won't be using the "likes", even if I agree/appreciate a post.

8. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Actually the admin also don't want to use that 'like' system but it's too complicated to remove it...

9. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Which preferences did you pick? I still can't get my avatar to look like it's original quality.

10. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

OMG!
    I love this new look.
    A refreshing one.

おつかれさまでした!

11. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    Awesome job on the new forum layout!!! I especially like how the girls' individual threads are separated by team.

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Weird thing is that I didn't change any of the settings besides picking .png as the format. Yet it saved as much smaller than just simply save as > .png... it's weird.

13. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Even though I didn't use Photoshop but I think I know why that happens...

When you directly save as > .png
    The image layers are saved as it is when you're editing.
    The colours are also unchanged at all...

But when you save using Save for Web
    The image layers merged to become only one layer plus one background layer that's not merged...
    The colour will change a bit but you'll not noticed it...

I know about layer things because I use GIMP and Paint.NET in editing and they also use same "layer" concept like Photoshop...

14. SumarnoMarno

SumarnoMarno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Wow, it's great, feels like new home. Congrats stage48 minasan.

15. PointyCrayon

PointyCrayon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The new look is nice and fresh! You guys did a great job with this. I'll be sure to poke around for the new features!

16. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Just got back from a week of having only very occasional internet through a cell phone, and I have to say that the new layout looks great on a computer! The new mobile version is also very nice though, I was able to see a bit of that before and was eagerly anticipating the full thing. Thanks for all of the hard work on this, I'm looking forward to exploring all of the new and improved features.

17. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Actually it does, sort of! In the bottom left corner you'll get a little pop-up saying "you have 1 new unread conversation" etc. I've only noticed it a couple of times so I'm not sure if it happens every time, but it's pretty nifty I think :p

18. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

What's with the new PMing system, I can't seem to PM more than 5 people at the same time when I need to get at least 6 people in sync for a convo.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  19. sick

sick Kenkyuusei

Can you regulate the avatar size to make it more uniform and the nice? Some member have super long avatars and it's ugly. And some signatures exceeded the maximum space. I think it's better to have half the normal allowed space. It looks better that way cause most people post a line or two anyway and the signature looks bigger than their post.

And removing future girls kenkyuusei upcoming girls whatever it is if you want more kenkyuusei to post. I can still recall someone said in the other thread 'what's with the ranking im getting after posting for 3 years..'. You gotta really regulate everyone you know..no more ranking system in this forum except for likes, points. Yup, just name only so it's hard to distinguish someone who only came here recently so they won't be shy to post.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I'll address that in the new rules in just a little while. I'm gonna make sure I'm clear about how big every signature can be. I can set the forum to cut off signatures after a certain size, so those that exceed the limit will be shown only partly. :v:

As for the avatars: yes, some avatars are too long. It's very easy to change that. I'm still looking at how people are adapting to the feature and will decide later on dimensions that everyone can live with.

Right now we're still putting the finishing touches on the design and some of the functions. I'll post the new rules when I feel that everything else is done and working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.