Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I swear, that newspaper must be run by interns (like everything in this city, btw, cause I'm one in the city council and gosh...).
    Oh, well. "Sierra" is a wide concept, I guess. When I posted the news on my FB, a friend commented on it saying "how the hell does a guy come in with that, TURNS IT ON and doesn't get stopped before it's too late"? So yeah, more people thought about that. :^^;:

2. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Agreed, I care about the girls but I can't constantly just keep my focus on them when everything is happening so quickly. They didn't spend a week in the hospital, they're already going home to get better and there isn't much to really say at this point. We're left with having to wait for what happens next, unless you want to contact them personally during this time and give your support.

Erena Ono's tweet about the incident said what some felt here, that they will be scarred for life about it. When I hear these things, it makes me think they're not coming back for sure, but if there's one connection that also exists, it's the connection these members have with each other, and I'm sure many of them are a big reason why the girls stay in the group for as long as they do. Even though we worry about what we can do, their ability to be with those they've grown to care about will also help to heal and ultimately decide if they are able to come back.

3. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I may not be an expert in law or litigation, or for that matter on Japanese law, so I looked around and checked just how would a criminal be charged for attempted or frustrated homicide/murder.

But as the crime resulted in physical injury — three counts in this case — thus be classified as attempted murder, I quote the following from the Japanese Penal Code (Act No. 45 of 1907):

Chapter XXVI. Crimes of Homicide
    Article 199. (Homicide)
    A person who kills another shall be punished by the death penalty or imprisonment with work for life or for a definite term of not less than 5 years.
    ….
    Article 203. (Attempts)
    An attempt of the crimes proscribed under Article 199 and the preceding Article shall be punished.

However, it is not impossible that the defendant would resort to the so-called admission of insanity as a defense (as well as precedents), in order to create a verdict that is more in his favor.

If convicted, he would be sentenced 15 years to life imprisonment, along with other offenses if possible, plus compensation of damages to victims.

Resources:

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Well... i see no mexican site covering this... and i don't know if it's good or bad :^^;:

And thanks God that Annin and Ricchan leave the hospital safe

5. Hachiroku

Hachiroku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    News about the incident in Finnish media.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/japanilaisen_...a_aseistautuneen_miehen_hyokkayksessa/7263990

http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/Sahahyök...tyttöbändin+laulajia+Japanissa/a1401079233514

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Ulkomaat/11...mean+kaanteen+mies+hyokkasi+saha+kadessa.html

Facts about the attack are accurate, but of course Miichan had to be mentioned. How many members there are seems to be quite difficult thing for the media. All of those news have different information, none of them correct.

6. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

For this crazy wacko to attempt murder, it is unfortunately fortunate that he chose a very clumsy weapon. From what we know, it was a long, folding saw. I thought it was weird that the girls had bone fractures when I first heard of the attack. This kind of tool thankfully isn't ideal to commit something more heinous in a short amount of time.

And whether he's a fan or not, crazy can occur either way.

btw, we don't know if it were the staff or the girls themselves who opted to spreak briefly with the media. If it were the former I would be a little upset because it wasn't necessary.

7. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I would go with staff, because now it's damage control. Reassure the fans that they are OK, and the brand will continue. Don't desert us, it's still safe to come to AKB events etc. Doesn't matter if they exactly said that or not, 48G has to rebuild the image as a family safe environment.

8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Good. Very good. Extremely good. God forbid they go around in Venga La Alegría ranting about how JaPaN iS sO wAcKy and incentally how short are the girls' skirts and how ~~~lewd~~~ they can be. All while the hostesses wear even shorter skirts like they just came back from clubbing and the dance troupe dances like they came straight from the strip club. Oh the pain.

Also, when people say "sierra", I think of one of these.
    [​IMG]

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm afraid your friend has watched 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' too many times...:fear:

10. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Surprisingly, the English-language media reports I have seen haven't been too bad. Although, I have only read ABC's and BBC's. The BBC one was really good but, of course, they had to mention the Miichan incident. It happened, we know that, but is it really necessary to put it in an article like that? This is NOT something that should stir up controversy like that.

I swear, an article title could read "AKB48 Member Saves Planet from Blowing Up" but they would still feel the need to mention the Miichan incident. :p

11. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    Actually, Hungarian news sites wrote about all this thing, too. And... I'm totally not proud about my country now. They wrote lies mostly and overdramatized it like "both of girls lost too many blood" and "the girls got serious wounds on their faces" and stuffs... And wrote some about AKB too but that was also filled with the most idiot and nonsense facts ever...:fp:

12. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Well... i doubt if they rant about something, it will the "short skirts", most of the idol groups cover too much skin if you compare against the most of the female artist here ...

And obviously, when people say "sierra" i think in one of those

13. Criss

Criss Member

Not sure if this was posted but if was I just comfirm the info.

Tokyo police has officially requested the banning of Handshake and High Touch , that widely believed to be the only thing keeping the group on top of the charts. The banning its requested for ALL Japan

Akihabara police have demanded to take immediate mesures to improve security. Another request was to increase the distance between the stage and seating in events and theater.

AKS have so far said they will “consider” the police security measures.

Now... HS events are the Big Event and the source of high sales (aside Election ticket and random photos). I doubt Akimoto will eliminate the HS. But if he has no choice then they will come with another event. Akimoto have strong links with the current goberment, so he have good chances to keep the HS.

14. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Yes, but it is the only other reason the BBC has reported on AKB, so I'm not surprised they used it as a reference point to remind the British who they are talking about. If it wasn't on Britian's Got Talent or a Simon Cowell Talent show, the UK audience would have no clue who you talking about (I'm British, so blow out those flame throwers)

But of course - "AKB48 - head shavers and planet savers from Japan. With short skirts. Did we mention the short skirts?"

Wasn't it suspend HS and HT until security measures are taken, rather than complete ban?

15. Criss

Criss Member

To Suspend HS are just for cooling the situation and was a AKS measure.

Banning was an official request from police and its just that for now. Looks like some detractors and netizen in Japan support this measure.

16. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    People requesting a banning of all handshake and high-touch events need to think this through a little more. That's like saying no one should ever go on a plane ever again after 9/11 (strong comparison, I know, I'm sorry).

Completely cancelling events like this would not solve anything. This guy was not a fan, he probably would have done this to someone else if there wasn't a handshake event. Incidents like this happen. However, it should not rule people's lives. This could have happened anywhere to anyone. In my opinion, making the necessary security upgrades should be sufficient.

17. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I find that to be a bit of an overreaction to the situation. The only time this has happened in their 8 year history and suddenly they expect this to be a major problem? Public events are held everywhere and people interact with fans all the time, I would be surprised if they actually went through with the request.

They're just being paranoid, but if it happens then that's just ridiculous. This guy is an example of what a person can do at any public event and they want to blame handshakes for the incident? Meeting fans? There's no weight to this.

18. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  19. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^Thanks for the clarification. It didn't make much sense to me that the police would say something so rash and obviously not well thought out.

20. Criss

Criss Member

Yes, banning could be a little overacting, but its Japan.
    Now, looks like this situation its feeding a little from the fact that Handshakes are a big marketing move and the source of great part of AKB sales success.
    I mean, some people starting to say: Why to risk people just for a marketing event?

Now, let me be more clear on this "Banning" thing; Police want this temporary measure to be more permanently. But its just a request, not a sure thing. The cancel of HS its in fact just temporary, when things cool down will see if this ban request will apply.
    Personally I think the HS will go on for a lot of obvious reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.